shriekback - the big hush

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Does anybody know where I can get a free MP3 of Shriekback's song The Big Hush?

I've grown quite fond of the song, and I tried finding it on the internet but couldn't find anything except some song lyrics on an obscure fansite.

The song featured in the movie Manhunter, during the scene where dollarhyde is getting intimate with that blind girl.
ruffers
Overbomber

It's This Big Hush, not The, and you can get it off me when I get back home on Sunday. Alternatively it's around on soulseek from the album Oil & Gold, all of which is worth having.

Ha! Beat Mr Blast!
Chucking another log on
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

ruffers wrote:It's This Big Hush, not The, and you can get it off me when I get back home on Sunday. Alternatively it's around on soulseek from the album Oil & Gold, all of which is worth having.

Ha! Beat Mr Blast!
Shriekback on Soulseek?

I've been looking for that for ages, but the only thing I ever found was Nemesis (which is an superb song too, obviously)

Anyway, got Oil & Gold on vinyl anyway (and Care) which is better ;D

But better wait for Herr Blast to get in :wink:

BTW: I was Shriekback-surfing some time ago and read they were about to release a new album soonish :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the suggestion. I just got the song off SoulSeek. :notworthy: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Manhunter :notworthy:

Knocks Silence Of The Lambs into a cocked hat IMO.

In A Gadda Da Vida :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: CHOON
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ruffers
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
ruffers wrote:It's This Big Hush, not The, and you can get it off me when I get back home on Sunday. Alternatively it's around on soulseek from the album Oil & Gold, all of which is worth having.

Ha! Beat Mr Blast!
Shriekback on Soulseek?

I've been looking for that for ages, but the only thing I ever found was Nemesis (which is an superb song too, obviously)

Anyway, got Oil & Gold on vinyl anyway (and Care) which is better ;D

But better wait for Herr Blast to get in :wink:

BTW: I was Shriekback-surfing some time ago and read they were about to release a new album soonish :?:
I've got it on vinyl, just nowt to play it on.

I think I've got Jam Science, Care and something else all on mp3's. Will dig, and spot on re Manhunter vs Silence Of The Lambs btw.
Chucking another log on
James Blast
Banned

I'm getting a bit confused here chaps (too many senior moments).
I know I encoded Care to AIFF and made a CD for Z?, IIRC Ruffers did me Jam Science :notworthy: and I'm still searching for my cassettes of Oil and Gold, 12" Mixes, The Infinite (Dutch version of Care) and Evolution (a best of).
Anyone who's into the 'Back is awrite by me Image

this big hush infects us all
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Yep, Care - The Blast version: got me to know them :D :notworthy: Played it (even a couple of times) this weekend, great stuff :notworthy:
Only thing is that it's a one tracker and thus a bit hard to make into mp3s

Err, according to what the site I came across said I seem to have the Dutch Care vinyl, but is it any different apart from the writings to be printed in green then :?:
Wouldn't mind turning it (or G&O) into a cd, but don't have a clue how to do it :roll:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

A trip to the Blast Cassette Archive in the attic is in order.
Sorry about Care being a single file Z, I still haven't figured out track marking (even after a tutorial from markymarkfiend).
The Infinite had a stormin' track on it called Accretions which wasn't on the UK Care, does that ring any bells?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

No problem at all about Care being one track, I enjoy it very much this way too :D

Vinyl tracklist: A - Lined Up, Cleartrails, Hapax Legomena, Petulant, Lines from the library B - Brink of collapse, Sway, Into Method, Evaporation, In: Amongst
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Obviousman wrote:Vinyl tracklist: A - Lined Up, Cleartrails, Hapax Legomena, Petulant, Lines from the library B - Brink of collapse, Sway, Into Method, Evaporation, In: Amongst
that's the original UK version Z, see why I left In: Amongst off my version :innocent:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ah, alright, but I believe that site said something about all other covers having care, shriekback, tracklist written in yellow and this one in green.
Anyway, you're the expert :lol:

In: Amongst is great swooshing, isn't it ;D

Liked Nemesis (Arch-Deviant Mix) and Suck (Live) much better :notworthy:

(the site seems to be cleartrails.com, by the way)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

I see what you mean now Z, my cover was all black with yellow lettering, the green one makes it sound like Talking Heads' Fear of Music, similar/coincidence?

PS. I know TH came first
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Hmm, have not seen that one for real yet. But from what pictures tell it does not really look like the TH one (to me). If you want I'll make some pics of this one so you can compare :wink:

Odd thing, changing the colour for one country only...
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Thankee! :D
~ Peter Steele
ruffers
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I'm getting a bit confused here chaps (too many senior moments).
I know I encoded Care to AIFF and made a CD for Z?, IIRC Ruffers did me Jam Science :notworthy: and I'm still searching for my cassettes of Oil and Gold, 12" Mixes, The Infinite (Dutch version of Care) and Evolution (a best of).
Anyone who's into the 'Back is awrite by me Image

this big hush infects us all
To confuse/clarify things a touch more for you, you sent me The Dancing Years :lol: :notworthy:
Chucking another log on
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Allright:

Care the Dutch way, made pics of the inner sleeve and the labels too, as I was busy taking pics anyway... The white sticker on the front is just a price tag from a previous shop it had been in, too risky to take it off...

Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

:notworthy: that takes me spinning down the years Z :notworthy:
~ Peter Steele