Are The Sisters g*th or not

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Epistemology? I'm a pharmaceutical chemist and I thought I'd laid my hands on every 'ology' at Leeds Uni and Brighton Poly, but that's a new one on me. I feel belittled.

Love the DP away kit though :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
twp
Amphetamine Filth

No need to feel belittled at all. I mostly feel confused about the whole thing. Which is the way I think it is supposed to be. And that may be about epistemology or the goth question, or both, or neither.

I don't think a DPAK would ever be considered the height of sartorial elegance but I've no idea where I mislaid my joy division oven gloves so it will gave to do.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote:Epistemology? I'm a pharmaceutical chemist and I thought I'd laid my hands on every 'ology' at Leeds Uni and Brighton Poly, but that's a new one on me. I feel belittled. :lol:
:lol:

But haven't we all been discussing the epistemology of biscuits all this time? (Even if we didn't realise it :D )
Swinnow
Overbomber

I know the feeling, whilst a student we hosted a damn good party in our house, two things were stolen, my gorgeous leather bike jacket with 'Sisters' rise and reverberate painted on the back and 5lb of spuds. I spent weeks going around the student ghetto by the Royal Park pub looking for an increasingly fat g*th.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote: I'm a pharmaceutical chemist...
>>>purrs over to ingratiate himself with swinnow<<<< :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Lmao, Sandoz had one big sin
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

A little knowledge is power

...power - Lucretia, Montreux, and with that the circle is squared

i prefer mass debate
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

Mass debate can become a solo persuit, though I often laugh about Leeds Uni Union having a Mass Debating Chamber below the Tarten Bar on the way out towards the Maths/Physics/Geoscience bit down the hill towards the LGI lol.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Swinnow wrote:Mass debate can become a solo persuit,
so can critical thinking, but it's one-sided and no fun, unless it's in a darkened room
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

Darkened room, stop being so g*th, you'll give the game away.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Mass debate can become a solo persuit, though I often laugh about Leeds Uni Union having a Mass Debating Chamber below the Tarten Bar on the way out towards the Maths/Physics/Geoscience bit down the hill towards the LGI lol.
Speaking as a former Poly student I can say that I've long believed that Leeds Uni was a big bunch of...mass debaters. :oops:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Speaking as a former Poly student I can say that I've long believed that Leeds Uni was a big bunch of...mass debaters. :oops:

:lol: I see what you did there :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Being a Uni student I managed to misspell tartan lol
abridged
Slight Overbomber

All you big city Leeds Poly and Uni types. Bet you're the liberal elite now! Huddersfield Poly was where it was at! Possibly. :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'm so liberal I struggle to turn off the M62 to Cleckhuddersfax lol, the former Ms Swinnow, the mother of my children, came from a shadowy place called Halifax though &#128522;
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hey, I liked Leeds Uni so much that I went back to work there :lol: ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Swinnow
Overbomber

Good grief, Leeds Uni, such a......
spiderlegs
Road Kill

deathrock? at least the stuff before F&L&A seemed deathrocky when gothic was more of an architectural term...
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

A word that encompasses anything from rubber bats to Burzum's 'Hlidskjalf' is pretty useless as a descriptor, and probably best avoided.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

itnAklipse wrote:A word that encompasses anything from rubber bats to Burzum's 'Hlidskjalf' is pretty useless as a descriptor, and probably best avoided.
for once i agree. i am sick to death of all the goth subculture groups on facebook with their incessant "what is/isn't goth" debates. as if you can only like something that falls into someone else's narrow-mindede definition. i only embrace the goth label defensively when it's being used disparagingly about the things i like, which i doubt makes me part of the problem as no-one takes any notice of my opinion.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i am sick to death of all the goth subculture groups on facebook with their incessant "what is/isn't goth" debates. as if you can only like something that falls into someone else's narrow-mindede definition. i only embrace the goth label defensively when it's being used disparagingly about the things i like
word :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I thought everything was goth these days. Including Wales: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAuiWmVHd8M ;-)
The Chancer Corporation
spiderlegs
Road Kill

once sport becomes goth, we're all good and f**ked...i think...