Britain Third Heaviest Drinkers In Europe.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Behind Finland and Ireland, so, c'mon folks, if we get our fingers out we could win this :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

:lol:

Any clue where we Belgians ended up?

This thread made me think: What was it about the last 'last orders' a couple of days ago? Now you can go to the pub 24/7 or so :?: And they seemed to be affraid for 'abuse' :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:Behind Finland and Ireland, so, c'mon folks, if we get our fingers out we could win this :twisted:
Boris Johnson 2005
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
scotty
Overbomber

Ed Rhombus wrote:
scotty wrote:Behind Finland and Ireland, so, c'mon folks, if we get our fingers out we could win this :twisted:
Boris Johnson 2005
Aye!.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Heaviest as in fattest?
'Fragged another moaning sh1tbag'
scotty
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Heaviest as in fattest?
Probably ;D [/b]
aims
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Heaviest as in phattest?
Ahem :innocent:

Wouldn't want to offend the fantastical statistics now, would we? ;)
James Blast
Banned

well I'm doing my bit
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ed Rhombus wrote:Boris Johnson 2005
I want to have that man's babies! ;D ;D ;D

Little blonde haired babies...
... with a predisposition to bumbling... :innocent: :lol:

I wasn't too surprised to hear the Finnish came out on top. It's a Northern European thing, isn't it? Trying to lose the icy inhibitions of our national character and while away these long dark nights...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

we'ld probably be second at least if we could disclude wales from britain (a fair idea in any case) -lightweights! :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
aims
Overbomber

I guess being only 8st is a good reason to continue tee total? Wouldn't want to bring the average down ;D
Francis
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:we'ld
I've let it go for far too long. But I've noticed that some of our English-as-a-second-language bretheren have started to copy you, so it's time to put an end to it.

'We would' is shortened to 'We'd'. No arguments or half-arsed-affrontedness please. :innocent:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Having visited Finland many times,and preparing to move there in about a months time,I have to say Finland's drinking culture is actually far worse than the UK's.
Alright,binge drinking isnt a good idea,but it's pretty much confined to the weekend.Finlands policy of closing pubs and clubs at about 9,and having all liquor stores government owned and closing at the same time,has just resulted in people buying booze from the shops early,and drinking it out on the streets.It's not an awfully salubrious sight to see everyday.
It was quite reassuring,as I was used to believing the British to be the worst behaved under the influence of drink,now I know a little better!
Francis
Overbomber

DeWinter wrote:Finlands policy of closing pubs and clubs at about 9
JHM! And I thought the shop beneath me in the arse-end-of-nowhere (unless you're a pheasant plucker) closing at 8pm was the end of the world as I know it! :eek:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Francis wrote:
I've let it go for far too long. But I've noticed that some of our English-as-a-second-language bretheren have started to copy you, so it's time to put an end to it.

'We would' is shortened to 'We'd'. No arguments or half-arsed-affrontedness please. :innocent:
don't worry francis if i was going to be affronted i doubt it would be half-arsed! :lol:
anyway buying me a pint goes a long way :innocent: :wink: :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

And I always thought that I drank a lot.....just being a bl**dy Dutchman.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

DeWinter wrote:drinking it out on the streets.
In that cold? :eek: :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Obviousman wrote:
You don't want warm beer...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

boudicca wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
You don't want warm beer...
I don't want beer at all, I want proper drinks ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
ruffers
Overbomber

I spent a significant portion of last night "suffering from a bad pint" :urff: , although I can't be sure if it was number 5 or 6 :lol: :oops: .

As such my contribution to the cause will be downgraded for tonight - I trust someone will step up to the mark in my place.
Chucking another log on
canon docre
Overbomber

Francis wrote:

I knew it was someway a bad move to try to learn english grammar through Lee's posts. :lol: :oops:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
RobF

Obviousman wrote:
I've only ever been to Finland during white-nights, twas lovely and warm, and we happily contributed to both Finland and England's bad drinking reputations by munting a litre of Vodka we'd smuggled from St Petersburg on the coach, and then sleeping at the bus station on our kit-bags. ;D

We were accosted by a Nazi at one point, which was quite distressing, but then he fell over and smashed his nose, so we cheered up :twisted:

Why do Europe's bonehead population always imagine that if you have oxblood-DMs and Big sideburns, you must want to talk about Skrewdriver bootlegs?
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
DeWinter

Yep,surprisingly enough Finland can be practically drowned in snow and be fairly warm.I think it's because Finland doesn't have the icy gales that the UK does.
Finland also has the most gorgeous peach sider,for which I would commit hideous and bloody murder for at this moment!