What do women want for christmas?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
The Green Lantern
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Previously I've bought her a pyjamas and a bathrobe, some fine belgian chocolate (surprisingly expensive) and I've named a star after her (surprisingly cheap!) among other things. I'm running out of ideas, fast. Hints, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
streamline
Slight Overbomber

Have you tried an acre of land on the moon (or any other celestial body of your choice)?

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
RicheyJames
Bad Tempered Young Man

do you really know so little about your missus that you're resorting to asking a bunch of strangers what you should get her for christmas?
"contradictions are meaningless, there's nothing to betray"
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I did once buy a girlfriend a shrek mask to go with the copy of Shrek i got her for christmas..

didn't go down well for some reason...

:innocent:
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

What women want is for men to read their minds and know exactly what they want for a present, without having to ask them or anyone else. If you can figure this out, you've given them what they REALLY want, and hence don't have to buy them anything, given that after all material goods are a poor substitute for a genuine relationship based on empathy and understanding.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Get her something with deep personal significance.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I find one of the few consolations of being useless in that department is not having such choices. :wink: But being serious I'd agree with the above post.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

A night in a forrest under a full moon, burning a fire, having a nice drink, something to eat and listening to some Sisters' songs....

After the romantic stuff, dance around the fire singing This Corrosion....
"as we walk on the floodland"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ozpat wrote:After the romantic stuff, dance around the fire singing This Corrosion....
That IS the romantic stuff! :lol: :wink: :von:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
_emma_
Overbomber

I'm sure the best christmas present imaginable for any woman in the world would be the new Sisters album. ;D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

boudicca wrote:
Ozpat wrote:After the romantic stuff, dance around the fire singing This Corrosion....
:lol: :notworthy:

You're right!!!!!
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Diamonds always work.

I should know. I make them.

Want a cheap deal? ;)

For the missus, I always manage to buy something that is nearly impossible to get. She reads a lot and is, just like me, a huge fan of Terry Pratchett.
So I bought her the 'Soul Music' DVD for X-mas, which she thought was long deleted. But she underestimates the power of eBay ;D
She has all the books already anyway...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ozpat wrote:
boudicca wrote:

You're right!!!!!
Speaking from personal experience :innocent: . There was no fire tho'...

Ask her, for god's sake. As far as buying for your significant other is concerned, it is largely the thought that counts, the fact that you care about getting her something that will light up her oh-so-beautiful face on Christmas morn.

Just tell her you really want to get her something special but you're stumped, ask for just an idea if you still want to give her some surprise.
Unless she's a very tough customer she shouldn't rip your head off for not having read her mind.

Mark's idea is good as well... think of what has personal significance.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

if she liked the star and they're cheap then get her another and start collecting for an entire constellation..

otherwise-
RicheyJames wrote:do you really know so little about your missus that you're resorting to asking a bunch of strangers what you should get her for christmas?
-wot he said.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
streamline
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:if she liked the star and they're cheap then get her another and start collecting for an entire constellation..

otherwise-
RicheyJames wrote:do you really know so little about your missus that you're resorting to asking a bunch of strangers what you should get her for christmas?
-wot he said.

I just love the turn of phrase on Heartland!

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
scotty
Overbomber

Gottdammerung wrote:I did once buy a girlfriend a shrek mask to go with the copy of Shrek i got her for christmas..

So are you saying my "Catharine Zeta - Jones" mask present won't be appreciated? :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

scotty wrote:
Gottdammerung wrote:I did once buy a girlfriend a shrek mask to go with the copy of Shrek i got her for christmas..

So are you saying my "Catharine Zeta - Jones" mask present won't be appreciated? :innocent:
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:

@ Green Lantern: Not knowing your missus, not knowing you, what are you expecting?

When I would be you I would think of something romantic and sweet...something that comes from your heart. You know her I suppose so it shouldn't be a problem. And if you can't think of something just, like said before, ask her....

Good luck anyway and let us know what you came up with....
scotty
Overbomber

The Green Lantern wrote:Previously I've bought her a pyjamas and a bathrobe, some fine belgian chocolate (surprisingly expensive) and I've named a star after her (surprisingly cheap!) among other things. I'm running out of ideas, fast. Hints, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Surely the "pyjamas & bathrobe", will be a bit worn out by now and will need replacing?, problem solved :innocent: , or you could go for the Scotty style of present buying, "there's twenty quid, away and buy yirsel somethin' nice for Christmas" :innocent: :twisted:
Last edited by scotty on 05 Dec 2005, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

scotty wrote:
The Green Lantern wrote:Previously I've bought her a pyjamas and a bathrobe, some fine belgian chocolate (surprisingly expensive) and I've named a star after her (surprisingly cheap!) among other things. I'm running out of ideas, fast. Hints, ideas, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Surely the "pyjamas & bathrobe", will a be bit worn out by now and will need replacing?, problem solved :innocent: , or you could go for the Scotty style of present buying, "there's twenty quid, away and buy yirsel somethin' nice for Christmas" :innocent: :twisted:
as long as its alchoholic or a catherine zeta-jones mask :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
canon docre
Overbomber

MrChris wrote:What women want is for men to read their minds and know exactly what they want for a present, without having to ask them or anyone else. If you can figure this out, you've given them what they REALLY want, and hence don't have to buy them anything, given that after all material goods are a poor substitute for a genuine relationship based on empathy and understanding.
:lol:

That's just a rumour amongst men to save their pennies.
Easy rule: If it doesn't cost anything, forget it and take the Gucci bag instead. :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Izzy HaveMercy

canon docre wrote:That's just a rumour amongst men to save their pennies.
Easy rule: If it doesn't cost anything, forget it and take the Gucci bag instead. :wink:
Told ya. Diamonds.

Oh, and Marilyn Monroe, welcome to the forum ;)

IZ.
canon docre
Overbomber

Yep. Diamonds are always a good choice, but probably not within the reach for most of the chaps. :wink:

I personally would show the door to any bf who forces me to dance around a fire on Christmas eve.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

For the sensitive gentleman...

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/sexydirecto ... a&cid=1016

Can't go wrong! :innocent: :twisted: :lol:
Izzy HaveMercy

boudicca wrote:For the sensitive gentleman...

Women in roofing. Gee. :urff:

IZ.
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:For the sensitive gentleman...

Can't see anything in my size though Claire :innocent: