BASTARDS!!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

scotty wrote:clicky
:eek: I didn't realise you really worked for them Keef.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
:eek: What........did I not give you enough hints? :innocent: :twisted: :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
boudicca
Sister Midnight

scotty wrote:
boudicca wrote:
I thought you were just a supporter of their cause... :innocent:

TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don't let them screw you out of that which is rightfully yours. If they try, you can send the Weegie Massive their way for a guid stabbin'!
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

aww p*sh...
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
scotty
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:
scotty wrote:
boudicca wrote: :eek: I didn't realise you really worked for them Keef.
I thought you were just a supporter of their cause... :innocent:

TOTAL ANNIHILATION!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Don't let them screw you out of that which is rightfully yours. If they try, you can send the Weegie Massive their way for a guid stabbin'!
:lol: :notworthy: . The thing that really gets me is that Rentokil got a new "Chief Exec'" who is never done sending memo's stating" How things will be different", harping on about the "clear and transparent management", and the first thing we hear about it was on the radio this morning :roll: :evil: :evil: , FUCKIN' TOSSER :evil: :evil:
Last edited by scotty on 20 Dec 2005, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I honestly did think about you when I saw it on the news this morning scotty :(
James Blast
Banned

I heard this on Radio 4 at about 7am this morning, my first thought was, scotty.
I'm in a similar position, a'la local government.

How much longer will us decent working gadgies take it?
Now I really think there could be a revolution.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Something definately needs to be done - I don't want to be on the breadline when I retire!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Not too good indeed...

What I don't get: Isn't it written down in the contract? They can't just get out of a contract all by them selves, can they? :urff:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Not too good indeed...

What I don't get: Isn't it written down in the contract? They can't just get out of a contract all by them selves, can they? :urff:
No, it just says you are entitled to join the pension scheme after one years service, so it's a "take it or leave it" sort of thing :evil:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

It's just f**king ridiculous when every government-approved talking head on the TV is telling us to get a private pension plan (jeez - even I just signed up to start paying for a pension plan in January) and then a FTSE100 company just decides to treat the workers who are doing the right thing like this.
scotty
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:It's just f**king ridiculous when every government-approved talking head on the TV is telling us to get a private pension plan (jeez - even I just signed up to start paying for a pension plan in January) and then a FTSE100 company just decides to treat the workers who are doing the right thing like this.
This will start the ball rolling :evil: :evil: .
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

scotty wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Not too good indeed...

No, it just says you are entitled to join the pension scheme after one years service, so it's a "take it or leave it" sort of thing :evil:
Bastards...

Anyway, lawyers on here will probably know better than me: But as it refers to a certain known entity at the time of you and them signing it, they cannot turn that entity in something completely different, I'd think... Ah, guess your union will know beter :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Hmm...

Unlucky Mr Ghost Dance but I think your firm may have set a precedent that will be followed. :roll:

Government, civil servants, central government, local government. They do look after their own, don't they? No dig at you James because I would love to be working in local government. The one place you will be guaranteed a decent pension. Sadly, 'free enterprise' prevails. It is the way of our UK world. Commercial market forces etc etc. Unfortunately. :|

@ Richey (when his radar lights up). Of course I have no source to back up my personal instincts.

PPS: Sorry to see that DB FC have slipped to third. At least I'm constant. Constantly bad. And bottom. :kiss:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

lazarus corporation wrote:It's just f**king ridiculous when every government-approved talking head on the TV is telling us to get a private pension plan (jeez - even I just signed up to start paying for a pension plan in January) and then a FTSE100 company just decides to treat the workers who are doing the right thing like this.
this isn't a private pension plan, it's a company one.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

emilystrange wrote:
this isn't a private pension plan, it's a company one.
sorry, that's what I meant (a pension that you pay into yourself, as opposed to relying on state pension) - it's all new to me.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

this thread's title says it all... :evil: :evil: :evil:

sorry to hear that Keith, that's f**king harsh. :|
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it may be the company's decision, or the trustees and actuaries. if the latter, then the decision will not have been taken lightly, and will be to protect the pensions of all current members. it's an investment thing
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Sorry Paul, been around a few more years that you. Private pensions are worthless at the end of the day. Unless you have huge amounts of capital to invest to make your money work. I don't. *shrug*

Company pension schemes/final salary were the way - still - forward. No private employee can contribute without the employers contributions (normally 30/70%).

Sell your body instead to someone who'll buy. Even in kind. Surely that's a pension?
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

final salary schemes are pretty damn good. the guarantees they have, haven't generally been matched by investment returns, since the downturn in withprofits returns, interest rates, and stockmarket since 9/11. its a case of do the maths.

company pension schemes are now generally money purchase, so you don't know what you're going to get untl the end. final salary, you know... so many 60th or 80ths of your final salary depending on years of service.

they are still extra salary.. effectively
Andie
Overbomber

invest in property...

sounds like bricks and mortor are the way forward...buy as an investment to sell when you retire...live off the capital released...

very different view to the one i had 20 odd years ago...and prolly very different to the one i'll have in 20 years time when i'm of no further use to the world...but for now it seems to be working...

suppose i'm lucky coz i bought my first house/flat in the recession...and a recession could hit me in the future...but as of tomorow morning at 11:00am i'll be a homeowner again...
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Johnny M wrote:Sorry Paul, been around a few more years that you. Private pensions are worthless at the end of the day. Unless you have huge amounts of capital to invest to make your money work. I don't. *shrug*

Company pension schemes/final salary were the way - still - forward. No private employee can contribute without the employers contributions (normally 30/70%).
It's a company pension that I've signed up to (where my employer contributes as well), because I thought it was the safest option.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Burn wrote:invest in property...
Yes but you've got to have money to start with!
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you'll get more money paid into it, anyway.