Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Anaheim, CA - Sat, 03/18/06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #51  Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I´ll look forward that someone put it on "rapidshare"

I´ve been trying to sign up all day and it´s impossible...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #52  Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

elguiri's point is a valid one IMHO. We are not worthy! and there's no need; as he says, it's there in the weeding section.
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #53  Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SINsister wrote:
Kick @ss!!! Thanks, man! We are not worthy! Our fearless leader!

for you sinsister, i can do all the sins of this world (include gluttony) Wink Laughing

http://rapidshare.de/files/15931895/something_fast.mp3.html

that's enough Cool
adarkadaptedi
Childlike Empress

PostPost #54  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed Mr. Green Our fearless leader!
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #55  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No reviews?
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #56  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lachert wrote:
SINsister wrote:
Kick @ss!!! Thanks, man! We are not worthy! Our fearless leader!

for you sinsister, i can do all the sins of this world (include gluttony) Wink Laughing

http://rapidshare.de/files/15931895/something_fast.mp3.html

that's enough Cool

ta very much.

full upload coming soon, PM me if you want it.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #57  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

elguiri wrote:
You wanna be carefull about uploading this guys recording in mp3 or lossy formats , when he said in his thread on DAD not to. Some tapers get very tetchy about this and its a bit stupid to bite the hand that feeds you.
Its already in the weeding forum so will be available to all pretty soon.

For those that are having problems with FLAC try Foobar..........

http://foobar2000.org/

^ what he said.
Today everyone's creating mp3s and uploading them all over the place, tomorrow you'll all be trading them and in a couple of months there'll be no way to identify who's got what.
Nearly everything seeded at Dime says don't convert to mp3 and don't sell it. If you f**k off the seeders they'll stop and that'll be the end of that source of recordings.
What's wrong with a little patience and the weed thread? Rolling Eyes
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #58  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got a Vonism from after "Slept" - seems someone challenged his claim Wink

"I think the word you're looking for is hyperbole"

We are not worthy!
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #59  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if you want a name for the House of Blues recordings, howzabout :
Silver, Black and Blue - Live in (insert city name)
Martin
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #60  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So? The entire set has been put on EasyShare?

I'm desesperatly searching for good a good sound.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #61  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:
elguiri wrote:
You wanna be carefull about uploading this guys recording in mp3 or lossy formats , when he said in his thread on DAD not to. Some tapers get very tetchy about this and its a bit stupid to bite the hand that feeds you.
Its already in the weeding forum so will be available to all pretty soon.

For those that are having problems with FLAC try Foobar..........

http://foobar2000.org/

^ what he said.
Today everyone's creating mp3s and uploading them all over the place, tomorrow you'll all be trading them and in a couple of months there'll be no way to identify who's got what.
Nearly everything seeded at Dime says don't convert to mp3 and don't sell it. If you f**k off the seeders they'll stop and that'll be the end of that source of recordings.
What's wrong with a little patience and the weed thread? Rolling Eyes

If people want a copy then they can have it, if they don't then that's fine.
I don't have enough space (on my computer and/or around the house) so it's easier for me to convert to mp3.
The quality is fine.
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #62  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The quality is fine for you. You don't need to redistribute it in a lossy format when you've been expressly forbidden from doing so.

That said, if you wish to go ahead, just make sure that you label it (in the filename) as being a lossy conversion sourced from an already available recording - even better, provide the URL for the lossless one in a text file amongst the mp3s.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #63  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

forbidden? Laughing Wink

So this is what happens when you help people out.
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #64  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Motz wrote:
The quality is fine for you. You don't need to redistribute it in a lossy format when you've been expressly forbidden from doing so.

I can't remember anyone outlawing such practice explicitely. If the powers that be down here decide to go that road, I for one won't question that choice a bit, but until then we should feel free to share as we want.
I compare it to tape trading, which was pretty trendy when I was a kid. Why not keep the tradition alive ? I used to go visit older friends, borrow piles of records and tape them non stop. Can't see anything wrong with that, except if you think it can hurt the weeding business in any way.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #65  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
forbidden? Laughing Wink

Ask the guy who taped the show and made it available in the first place what happens when you help people out....

This show is already available, for free both on Dime and here in a non-lossy format. Why p*ss people off by converting it - there's no need, and you stand to do more than harm than good.

And tape trading - there's a reason a lot of the old boots sound like s**t, it's because most of CD copies around now are many generations away from the original master recording.
There's no need for the loss in quality now, thats why some people are strongly against circulating stuff in any way that damages the quality.
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #66  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is a polite request by the source of the bootleg not enough for you? He could much more easily ask you if this is what happens when you try to help people. It's basically good manners and standard etiquette not to redistribute a recording in a low quality format. MP3 versions of recordings that already exist as FLAC only serve to confuse matters and royally p!ss off completists looking for every recording (poor encoding can look like a crap but original boot) or those who want high quality recordings. Of course with the wonders of search engines and blind mirroring, we end up with a situation similar to guitar tabs whereby stuff like this gets disseminated as a tab or Cry Little Sister becomes known as a Sisters song. It's bloody annoying and plain bad manners. By all means encode it for personal use, but don't pollute the download pool.

Edit:
Sorry if this looks like a rant against you Badlander, I replied before noticing your post. Hope the factual content clears my point of view up, even if the tone might be a little off for your polite response Wink
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #67  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
forbidden? Laughing Wink

well DimeA Dozen is like here, someone is paying for it, they can make up the rules, it's their place after all they don't make us visit it
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #68  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:

Ask the guy who taped the show and made it available in the first place what happens when you help people out....

Erm... Maybe you could also ask the artist what he thinks of a recording that shouldn't exist in the first place then.
As for bad quality, it's always existed, and ever will, first, second, or nth generation copy. You can't help it especially since bootlegging is illegal business, remember ? It's not robertzombie's fault, and being rude (sorry guys but you are) to him won't help. Over and out.
aims
Overbomber

PostPost #69  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He was just politely asked not to distribute a lossy recording so that it wasn't confused with high quality sources. No one got rude until the polite request was thrown back. Being mocked for friendly advice isn't on.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #70  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is why I said for people to PM me if they want the link so that people didn't make a great song and dance over the fact that it isn't .flac (heaven forbid).

I know what you lot are like with quality. Personally I don't have a problem with converting it to .mp3 (and neither do the people that have PM'd me).

I hope you're not going to lose too much sleep over this Wink
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

PostPost #71  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the point, and it's a good one, is if you do this to his recording despite him saying not to, he's hardly likely to upload another one into the public domain

if it was a PM driven thing then it should have remained just that. honestly, some people are so dim Rolling Eyes
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #72  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As someone pointed out, Von has stated he doesn't like people recording and trading his shows.

The guy who made the recording stated he didn't want his recording converted into mp3 from flac.

You all seem intent on following the second while ignoring the first.

I suppose I am biased by the fact that I think it is kind of silly to argue that recordings of this quality lose anything when converted into mp3's

As it stands, someone was nice enough to record a show, and post it for free on Dad.

Most of us cannot get it from there, so someone else was nice enough to share it, through PM only, with the rest of us in a convenient format....

Can't we all just get along?

Tony
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #73  Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

paint it black wrote:
I think the point, and it's a good one, is if you do this to his recording despite him saying not to, he's hardly likely to upload another one into the public domain

if it was a PM driven thing then it should have remained just that. honestly, some people are so dim Rolling Eyes
totally agree EZ I tried to 'offer up' something before I asked for summat in another place. I was bombarded by PMs saying my file format (AIFF) was out of order!
I felt like saying 'Well fuck you and the horse you rode in on!'
I didn't of course.

as I said earlier, it is someone's place so she/he/it can make the rules

we don't have to go there
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #74  Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Who's looking for the word "hyperbole" at the beginning of "Burn"?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: