Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Washington - 9:30 - 7th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2006 - Bite The Silver Bullet Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

PostPost #26  Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GrooveKitten wrote:
Hello all!

I am a long time Sisters enthusiast and new to your lovely board.
I will be at the 9:30 Club show..hope to meet some of you, especially those who've traveled a great distance to be there!

GK
(cynthia)

Well, I'm driving about 2.5hrs but I guess your gonna tell me that's not far
enough for you. I should be adjusted to women by now! Razz

Well enjoy the show, I know I will.
NOthing but NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM ENJOYING THE SHOW!!!! Twisted Evil

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #27  Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

9while9 wrote:
Well, I'm driving about 2.5hrs but I guess your gonna tell me that's not far enough for you. I should be adjusted to women by now! Razz

Well enjoy the show, I know I will.
NOthing but NOTHING WILL STOP ME FROM ENJOYING THE SHOW!!!! Twisted Evil

2.5 hours is plenty far!! I'd love to make your acquaintance and OF COURSE you will enjoy the show! Wink

cynth
WhatWouldAndrewDo?
Road Kill

PostPost #28  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am from the Baltimore area and I will be there...in the front row if I have my way.
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #29  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent! You may have to elbow me out of the way to reach the front! Razz Actually the new bald head kinda frightens me - I may stay back a row or two (I mean it iwth love, people!) When I reach the front should I just shout WHATWOULDANDREWDO! to find ya?!
flugabwehrkanone
Road Kill

PostPost #30  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm coming up from Raleigh for the show. I'll probably be the only nut there in shorts. I caught them this past weekend in Atlanta, looking forward to seeing them a couple more times before they head back across the Atlantic.
Ocean Moves
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #31  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not the only person there in shorts,
I'll eat my shorts.
9while9
Slight Overbomber

Location: Parts Unknown or Isle of Tonga (whichever you prefer).

PostPost #32  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

flugabwehrkanone wrote:
I'm coming up from Raleigh for the show. I'll probably be the only nut there in shorts. I caught them this past weekend in Atlanta, looking forward to seeing them a couple more times before they head back across the Atlantic.

Well I bet I'll be the only one there in lederhosen.
Und likenze shortzen.
Surprised

-Me, I'm inspired by my DarkAngel.
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #33  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote Back to top

According to the 930 Club's site, the Warlocks are on at 8:50 pm and the Sisters at 10 pm. But you know how that goes.

I probably won't be there until after 9. And I for damn sure will not be in shorts! Razz
Rat_Bastard
Road Kill

PostPost #34  Posted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be there... hopefully up front (or very close), with a leather jacket sporting a Killing Joke logo somewhat similar to the Exorcism single cover
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iwaswrong
Road Kill

PostPost #35  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FALAA
Ribbons
Dr Jeep/Det Blvd
Crash + Burn
On the Wire/Teachers
(We Are the Same) Susanne
Giving Ground
Summer
Dominion/Mother Russia
Slept
Alice
Anaconda
WYDSM
Flood II
--
Something Fast
Lucretia (My Reflection)
--
Top Nite Out
Temple
Vision Thing
DrG
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #36  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: I like the setlist... Reply with quote Back to top

I hope for something that good on March 10th! WYDSM and Slept are songs I haven't heard on a bootleg yet. I wish my friend and I could record the show at Kool Haus. We have the means, but aren’t familiar with the venue and would rather play it safe. It wasn't me...

Anyway… I hope all of you had a great night!

DrG

Trip the light fantastic
The Drowning Season
Road Kill

PostPost #37  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: More DC musings Reply with quote Back to top

I loved it, but I knew I would, having seen Andrew and company several times before. As mentioned, it was the standard set list with the switch from Neverland to Something Fast. Andy had some cool wardrobe changes, looking very stylish in his white suit jacket for the second encore. The crowd was too restrained...uncomfortably so. It was only when they played Dominion that you even knew the audience was there. Everyone sang along to Temple and Vision Thing, but by that time it was over. Too many new-ish tunes hurt this set and the people who only know The Sisters for their club hits were sorely disappointed. Andrew said something at the end but I didn't catch it (did anyone else?). Overall it was great and I'm ready for that new CD now...
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #38  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since it was my first live show, I wasn't sure what to expect, other than what I have read here. TDS, I totally agree with your assessment of the crowd. The upper tier looked completely bored!

I was impressed that the club was full full full! Very Happy I was on the floor for the first half of the show, pretty close up I (I did look for you Rat Bastard!). The sound was not that great. The synth bass was LOUD, and normally that's cool but sometimes it almost drowned out Andrew.

I was also very impressed by the guitar guys (Ben and Chris?). They looked good, they sounded good, and they played with a lot of energy!

After a bit of moshing/pushy/shovey near where I was, I moved upstairs where the air and sound was much better.

I took some piccies but the ones that turned out well look exactly like the others I have seen here. The rest were lost in all the smoke!

I met Quasi Evil and the Mrs., but I couldn't find anyone else due to the large crowd!

Thanx for the nice thought, DrG!

Overall, it was a good performance and I am glad I went!
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #39  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something Fast Laughing
Rat_Bastard
Road Kill

PostPost #40  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First off, I think that the sound, at least from where I was standing (I was at the very front, far left, in front of where the lead guitarist was most of the time) was crystal clear... far clearer than when I saw them at the same venue in 2000.

I rather like the new version of FALAA (which incorporates both the classic intro riff and the newer post-1996 riff into the song). The new live arrangement of Lucretia is really nice too, despite a toned-down bassline.

The new lead guitarist is *really* good.

I didn't catch what he said towards the end... but I did catch "Who wants my cold?" when he leaned in towards the crowd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OptimusGeorge
Road Kill

PostPost #41  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I drove from PA 2.5 hours to see these guys and it was worth every mile... Rat_Bastard, I was right behind you in the front left side of the stage. Direct from work, I was decked out in jeans and a sweater. Nice. I absolutely agree with you, though. The sound was on point.

This is my second time seeing these guys or this guy and his machine and two friends. Amazing. That's all I have to say. Tons better than the last show. And they were on time...
sistinas
Road Kill

PostPost #42  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: 9:30 Club photos Reply with quote Back to top

Hey just wanted to share - I got some decent pix from last night Cool Posted them on my web page here - enjoy!

http://www.psychotica.net/evb/sisters/930-2006.html

TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #43  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the pictures sistinas! They're looking great! We are not worthy!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #44  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice photos thanks. Is that the Dominion jacket? Surprised
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #45  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:

Either that or he stole mine Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice reviews all over again We are not worthy!

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #46  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Maybe you should check your wardrobe. We're kidding, but you never know. Wink
As much as I love Something fast, the Vegas version of Never land is just awesome. They should play both. And plize keep WYDSM in the set.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #47  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
markfiend wrote:

Laughing We are not worthy!

Very nice pics indeed... Cool
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #48  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 9:30 Club photos Reply with quote Back to top

sistinas wrote:
Hey just wanted to share - I got some decent pix from last night Cool Posted them on my web page here - enjoy!

Our fearless leader! looks so frail and fragile compared to Ben. But then he always does.
And Chris most definitely is a glittering love machine from above.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #49  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy! one of the best sisters live pics I've ever saw We are not worthy!
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #50  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 9:30 Club photos Reply with quote Back to top

sistinas wrote:

http://www.psychotica.net/evb/sisters/930-2006.html

They are fantastic. We are not worthy!

I especially like Chris Catalyst's "ELVIS IN VEGAS"-Outfit. Classy Cool

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters 2006 - Bite The Silver Bullet Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: