Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Washington - 9:30 - 7th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #51  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for some seriously fine pics.
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #52  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EVB strikes again! Not content with taking the extremely groovy pics back in 99, here's some more. Thanks a lot, outstanding. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

That white jacket is the bloody limit. Laughing Cool Twisted Evil
davedecay
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #53  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi Liz, was looking for you in NYC.
coming to Philly?

i was telling a friend about the old days, when i crashed on your floor on the 91 tour.
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

PostPost #54  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy!

great pics...cheers for sharing
sistinas
Road Kill

PostPost #55  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

davedecay wrote:
hi Liz, was looking for you in NYC.
coming to Philly?

i was telling a friend about the old days, when i crashed on your floor on the 91 tour.

Hey good to run into you again - I was just thinking about ya!! Cool
Afraid I can't mak ethe Phgilly show - sigh...gotta work, afraid I'm getting old so its harder to drive back to DC from Philly after a gig and get up at 5 AM to be in work by 7 (I'm in rough enough shape this morning after a whole 2 hrs sleep last night!)

Have a great time at the Philly show tho!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Booslham
Road Kill

PostPost #56  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Something Fast .... because he knows "I think he's still in Baltimore" will get the crowd crazy.
Baltimore is only 40 miles from the venue (45 from DC).

In 1999.. I saw them there in DC and he screamed out the word "Blatimore".. The audience loved it.

He did the same in Ft. Lauderdale last week... I was there. During Dr Jeep, he stressed on "South Miami... humming AOR". Everyone cheered. I loved it.
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #57  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey ya Rat Bastard! I was a few "rows" behind you, more toward the center Andrew. Re: the sounds, I guess I was initially just in a bad spot, because it was much better once I moved.

A couple piccies.
If their goal was to have the most smoke - well done!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Groove_Kitten/IMGP0633.jpg

Also Ilike the lighting in this pic.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Groove_Kitten/IMGP0634.jpg
magicmonkeyman
Road Kill

PostPost #58  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GrooveKitten wrote:
Hey ya Rat Bastard! I was a few "rows" behind you, more toward the center Andrew. Re: the sounds, I guess I was initially just in a bad spot, because it was much better once I moved.

A couple piccies.
If their goal was to have the most smoke - well done!
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Groove_Kitten/IMGP0633.jpg

Also Ilike the lighting in this pic.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f239/Groove_Kitten/IMGP0634.jpg

nice shots
tristren
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #59  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Nice photos thanks. Is that the Dominion jacket? Surprised

Looks like it's Chris' jacket from his Elvis outfit.

Nice pics.
_emma_
Overbomber

PostPost #60  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at GrooveKitten's pics I start to regret I've never seen a Sisters gig from the back so I could fully appreciate the lightshow.

But looking at sistinas', I'm sure I'll never do it.

We are not worthy!
Thank you, all the people who share your photos with others.
WhatWouldAndrewDo?
Road Kill

PostPost #61  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RatBastard, I was right behind you--I remember your jacket. I was next to the girls that were yelling for the guitar player to get naked. No, they weren't with me Smile

He is REALLY good. Wasn't really digging the other guy though.

GrooveKitten, glad you enjoyed Wink
WhatWouldAndrewDo?
Road Kill

PostPost #62  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great pictures, sistinas! Thanks!
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #63  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Two more great photos. Cheers Groovekitten.

@ Emma - it's always worth standing towards the back every now and then, particularly at the bigger gigs, just for the lightshow. As Ms Kittens pics prove. We are not worthy! Our fearless leader!
deadaswarhol
Road Kill

PostPost #64  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'twas my first time seeing them live. it was really awesome. i was right near the front center, the one with a zombie on the back of my jacket.

they played quite a few songs i wasn't familiar with, but it was nice hearing something vaguely new Smile

sucks the shirts were so expensive. i would have gotten one if they were around $20
OptimusGeorge
Road Kill

PostPost #65  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WhatWouldAndrewDo? wrote:
RatBastard, I was right behind you--I remember your jacket. I was next to the girls that were yelling for the guitar player to get naked. No, they weren't with me Smile

He is REALLY good. Wasn't really digging the other guy though.

GrooveKitten, glad you enjoyed Wink

They were only going to give him a dollar though! Very Happy
Chairman BOX
Road Kill

PostPost #66  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: DC videos Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies & Gents,

We have uploaded a handful of videos shot clandestinely from the balcony of the DC gig. Video comes courtesy of a Samsung t809 cellular phone, so take it for what it's worth. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/15001859/DC_03.07.06.zip.html

Tracks include:
01. FALAA (drops a couple of seconds from the end of the last verse/beginning of last chorus)
02. Ribbons
03. Dr. Jeep/Detonation Blvd.
04. Crash & Burn
05. On the Wire/Teachers/On the Wire (drops the last few seconds from the end of the song)
10. Slept (audio only)

We would have nabbed the whole show, but the management had other plans. Most unfortunately, we were unable to capture Susanne, which included a slick new lead riff in the chorus, courtesy of Ben Christo.

Also, by way of comparison with the earlier gigs that we attended (Vegas, Phoenix; both stunning), the overall quality of the DC show was, almost unbelievably, up several orders of magnitude. Ben's playing has grown leaps and bounds since the beginning of the tour, and if Chris Catalyst figures out some place on his person to stuff one more ounce of cool, we shall be mightily impressed.

I suppose we'll find out tonight, in Philly...

BOX out
(Messrs. BIX and BEX having failed to report in)
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #67  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work Mr Box. Cheers. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! When I've got a spare millenium, I'll download that little lot on my dial-up connection. Wierded Out

Great to hear your views on the tour as it progresses. Not only is Mr Catalyst cool and groovy, he's also a bloody sound bloke to boot. We are not worthy!

Roll on Leeds. Imagine how good they're gonna be by the time they get here. Cool Our fearless leader! Cool
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #68  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not having much chance to give feedback after gigs, but this one was one of the best so far. Sound was great, lights were stunning and the band wore some of the tackiest attire so far. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! While Something Fast isn't one of my favourites, it's a nice song and it was good to hear it. Washington crowd was more lively than NY crowd last night. All in all, a great show - apart from some sick and/or lazy bastard pissing on the leg of one of our friends Evil or Very Mad

Andrew
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #69  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andrew S wrote:
Not having much chance to give feedback after gigs, but this one was one of the best so far. Sound was great, lights were stunning and the band wore some of the tackiest attire so far. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! While Something Fast isn't one of my favourites, it's a nice song and it was good to hear it. Washington crowd was more lively than NY crowd last night. All in all, a great show - apart from some sick and/or lazy bastard pissing on the leg of one of our friends Evil or Very Mad

Andrew

Surprised Surprised Surprised I assume they (the pisser) were dealt with in the only appropriate manner. Evil or Very Mad Jesus, you want that kind of thing, you build a Tardis and set the controls for the heart of the Stretford End, circa anytime in the 70s.

Anyway, glad you're having a great time. We are not worthy! I was always slightly ambivalent about Something Fast, til Leeds 2001, where it was played so goddamn incredibly it's been a firm favourite ever since (not that they've played it since Laughing Rolling Eyes ).
GrooveKitten
Road Kill

PostPost #70  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WhatWouldAndrewDo, were those the girls with the green hair?! If so I wasn't far from you.

Thanks all for the nice comments!

As for the viewing area, I am glad I experienced both in front (where I generally prefer) and from above. It was a completely different perspective and it was good to see them in their entirety.

AndrewS, you didn't like the flourescent green shirts?! :p

BOX thanks for the vid!

Cheers, All!
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #71  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for the vids but quicktime says they're not "a file that QuickTime understands". Any ideas?
Booslham
Road Kill

PostPost #72  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Videos do NOT work......
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #73  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for the videos (and they do work)! And also for the pictures...great stuff.
Booslham
Road Kill

PostPost #74  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How (what) did you open them with?
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #75  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

try real player!

thx We are not worthy!
ribbons sound like an heavy-metal song Laughing

----------------adam pearson------------------
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: