Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Washington - 9:30 - 7th March
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OptimusGeorge
Road Kill

PostPost #76  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quicktime worked for me...
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #77  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Booslham wrote:
The Videos do NOT work......

Not quite... all except On The Wire and Doctor Jeep will run under Windows IF you've got QuickTime installed. But for these two, I haven't figured it out yet. Simply adding a ".mov" at the end won't work...

But thanks for everything so far! We are not worthy!

Jan
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #78  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for videos Very Happy
on first you mainly filming roof? Wink
poor about not working dr jeep and on the wire, they are 0B files :[
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #79  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the Wire and Dr Jeep doesn't work because the filename contains a : (colon) which is not allowed in Windows (don't know about Mac). Wierded Out

Thanks so far though! We are not worthy!
Chairman BOX
Road Kill

PostPost #80  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Barracuda wrote:
Cheers for the vids but quicktime says they're not "a file that QuickTime understands". Any ideas?

Erm, we suggest opening them on a Mac... It wasn't me...

Failing that, the best all 'round, play-any-type-of-file-in-the-world media player of which we are aware is VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/), which is available for most platforms and has just been tested with these files, for which it seems to do the trick.

Failing that, we're right out of ideas, as we didn't get to Philadelphia from DC till 4:00am this morning. After confirming that the Sisters tour bus had, in fact, reached the venue by 8:00am, it was all we could do to separate the .mov's into disrcreet units and bundle them in a .zip archive. We hope you can get them working, but in the meantime, we need sleep, then liquor, then prep-time to see the Sisters. Good luck.

BOX out.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #81  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies and gentelmen, boys und girls i found god
We are not worthy! Chairman BOX We are not worthy!
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #82  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pearson wrote:
try real player!

Still NOPE!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #83  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Barracuda wrote:
pearson wrote:
try real player!

Still NOPE!

Doesn't do the trick for me either Neutral (nor does BSPlayer)

Removed all the dots in the file name, but still nothing...

My Facebook/My Flickr
streamline
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #84  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

..thanks for these videos - marvellous what you can get from a phone!! (Not mine of course - i can do texting Full Stop!)

I used Quicktime and everything was fine (sorry Zeno!)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #85  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So does anyone have a trick for renaming the files with the colon? i didn't even notice first that my computer refused to unpack them. Tried renaming them with zipgenius inside the archive but that wouldn't work..
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #86  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just blame my 'puter... It's acting odd anyway these days Laughing

(No virusses apparently, but dreadingly slow, Winamp plug-ins disappearing, crashing for no reason, ... Sad)

My Facebook/My Flickr
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #87  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pearson wrote:

ribbons sound like an heavy-metal song Laughing

Well, it basically is. Especially the album version, where the acoustic's buried in the mix for most of the song. It's the most "metal" thing to appear on a Sisters album, methinks.

For what it's worth, my metal band covers it. Arranged for two electrics, of course.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #88  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

top pix, thank you ladies We are not worthy!
unfortunately, ntl: don't like Rapid Share, but thank you too, sir

nice reviews one and all, it sounds like it was a belter
lachert
Overbomber

PostPost #89  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Llamatron wrote:
pearson wrote:

ribbons sound like an heavy-metal song Laughing

Well, it basically is. Especially the album version, where the acoustic's buried in the mix for most of the song. It's the most "metal" thing to appear on a Sisters album, methinks.

For what it's worth, my metal band covers it. Arranged for two electrics, of course.

If ribbons sound like metal song, what about crash & burn riff? Surprised
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #90  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great!!!!! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

Thanks! We are not worthy! Very Happy
elguiri
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #91  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not bad at all..............

Nice bit half way through FALAA , female voice chirps up with "allright , when did he go bald".............
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #92  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
I'll just blame my 'puter... It's acting odd anyway these days Laughing

(No virusses apparently, but dreadingly slow, Winamp plug-ins disappearing, crashing for no reason, ... Sad)

OK, sorted. Nothing to do with RealPlayer/Quicktime etc but Unzip - I downloaded a new unzipper and it worked fine.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #93  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now it works, thanks Barracuda Very Happy We are not worthy!

Great videos too We are not worthy!

My Facebook/My Flickr
Rat_Bastard
Road Kill

PostPost #94  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WhatWouldAndrewDo? wrote:
RatBastard, I was right behind you--I remember your jacket. I was next to the girls that were yelling for the guitar player to get naked. No, they weren't with me Smile

Ha. You mean the two girls that pushed their way up to the front near the end of the show? One of them had hair extensions and a lot of tribal tatoos and the other was fairly non-descript... but dressed in white.. I think. Well, Ben does have that 'teen heartthrob' look about him. Wink

There was a guy moving back and forth in the space between the barrier and the stage, filming segments of the show with a digicam. I wonder if he was employed by the band to do so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #95  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Bastard wrote:
There was a guy moving back and forth in the space between the barrier and the stage, filming segments of the show with a digicam. I wonder if he was employed by the band to do so.

Yep, they always do that Wink

My Facebook/My Flickr
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #96  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

because they making a DVD concert album Laughing
TheBoyNextDoor

PostPost #97  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Barracuda wrote:
OK, sorted. Nothing to do with RealPlayer/Quicktime etc but Unzip - I downloaded a new unzipper and it worked fine.

Ah thanks!
Now all videos works! Wonderful. We are not worthy!
davedecay

PostPost #98  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stuffit Expander on the Mac converted the : to / on the fly.

some characters are off-limits to certain operating systems.
UNIX and OS X will make a file invisible if you name it starting with a period.

thanks for the vids.
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #99  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It won't let me even get as far as downloading the file. Surprised I'm trying a free download using Mozilla. Is that bad? Cos I sure as sh1t ain't paying them for the pleasure. Any ideas, techno-kids?
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #100  Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this has turned into My Download Hell pt.38 Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: