April 8th - Barcelona

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

AlBéRiCk wrote:I do not share your opinion at all. Thanks to this kind of people, we can get videos of the concerts. And I do not think this is a really "fun" thing to do.
i'm not convinced bad quality footage is enough compensation for ruining some people's experience at the actual gig, nor one's own...
we've got beer and we've got fuel
AlBéRiCk
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:
AlBéRiCk wrote:I do not share your opinion at all. Thanks to this kind of people, we can get videos of the concerts. And I do not think this is a really "fun" thing to do.
i'm not convinced bad quality footage is enough compensation for ruining some people's experience at the actual gig, nor one's own...
I was talking about good quality footage actually... that's not an easy job to do. I agree with you, if it is badly shot, this is totally useless...

I am very grateful to these people who made these great videos, like Philly 1997...
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

my fault...

yes sussane was played between will i dream and giving ground:

so:
crash and burn
ribbons
doctoc jeep/detonation
when you don´t see me
will i dream
SUSSANE
giving ground
summer
dominion/mother russia
slept
burn
alice
anaconda
romeo down
flood 2

somthing fast
lucretia

top nite out
temple of love

vision thing(in the set list but didn´t play it)
IN MY OPNION I´LL ALWAYS THINK THAT THE MAYORITY OF THE BARCELONA CROWD ARE A SHAME!!!!

will you go other time to Barcelona if they do the free gig as VON said???
MY REPLY IS THAT WHIT THIS BLOODY CROWD OF COURSE NOT!!!

and for me, it is not easy to say that(I rather to spend more money and go to UK,BELGIUM,GERMANY,NETHERLAND...... where everyone enjoy)
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

AlBéRiCk wrote:I was talking about good quality footage actually... that's not an easy job to do. I agree with you, if it is badly shot, this is totally useless...I am very grateful to these people who made these great videos, like Philly 1997...
Me, too...it's just that waving a cellphone somewhere in the direction of the stage is not gonna do anyone much good, but much harm to the enjoyment of people behind that guy.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:will you go other time to Barcelona if they do the free gig as VON said???
I will, but then all I need to do is cross town. Most of the people who went won't go (I think) so it could mean a much smaller crowd of hardcore Sisters fans.

I hope so anyway.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

Ocean Moves wrote:tickets said doors were at 7:30pm.....
Razzmatazz proceeded to make us queue in the
cold outside the venue, where there
are no bars (it’s an old industrial zone)
for one hour and fifteen minutes until 8:45
before opening the doors...what the hell
was that all about ???
I wouldn't exactly have described it as cold yesterday :!: Why didn't you buy a beer off one of the guys with the chillers? They must have loved it yesterday with a round the block queue for over an hour :-)

Wasn't tempted by a knockoff orange t-shirt with the original logo the wrong way though.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Barracuda wrote:
dtsom wrote:will you go other time to Barcelona if they do the free gig as VON said???
I will, but then all I need to do is cross town. Most of the people who went won't go (I think) so it could mean a much smaller crowd of hardcore Sisters fans.

I hope so anyway.
in this case I´ll be there Barracuda

to said that I´ve got a incredibly war in the razzmatazz fourm. is a pity that almost everybody can´t understand Spanish(if some one can my nick name is:Sisters)
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:o said that I´ve got a incredibly war in the razzmatazz fourm. is a pity that almost everybody can´t understand Spanish(if some one can my nick name is:Sisters)
"I have attended 200 concerts, but have never witnessed anything this bad"
"The Sisters have died"
"Robbery"
"You could only hear the drum machine"
"Shameful"
"Miserable"

Correct?
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
TheBoyNextDoor

So this was a very bad gig.
Can anyone tell me why it was a bad gig?
What actually did happen during this gig that was so bad?
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

von's voice went. but the audience was s**t anyway. the irony of the people complaining about it being "prerecorded" is that the best known album is floodland which is all synth bass.
neardark
Road Kill

I enjoyed the show in Barcelona last night, and I agree with all TSOM has said about it. It was a shame the crowd didn´t behave in a right way.
The venue was good (not organitation), the sound was great, and setlist was fine ( I would have preffered a similar one like Madrid). I really don´t know what was wrong yesterday but one thing I know is that the Barcelona audicence was the worst I´ve seen in all the gigs I´ve been to.
2011...on road again...
TheBoyNextDoor

I think it's very strange since they played in Barcelona 2000, and it's not really that much different setlist, and or sound. I mean, it should be about the same crowd.. or am I wrong? They knew what to expect.. !?!

Not glad to hear about Von voice, but hey! He did apologise and all got a free gig to attend.. :roll:
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

Funny, I've never thought as Razzmatazz as being a good venue. The sound last night was the best I'd heard it there, usually it is crap. But it wasn't very loud - I can still hear today. Apparently the speakers at the back weren't working or something.

If it weren't for the audience I would have loved the show. Bastards.
mugabe

Good venue, great sound, fine setlist. So, they offered the ungrateful bastards in the audience a free gig as compensation for what?
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

mugabe wrote:Good venue, great sound, fine setlist. So, they offered the ungrateful bastards in the audience a free gig as compensation for what?
Von doesn't like being booed :innocent:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

mugabe wrote:Good venue, great sound, fine setlist. So, they offered the ungrateful bastards in the audience a free gig as compensation for what?
Isn't this just the typical kind of distortion of facts that they use in american tv-shows about lawyers?

If Von's voice is not in shape, that doesn't warrant booing or general discontent, especially when the man is gracious enough to recognise it (if he was a man who deserves booing, he would've cancelled a few gigs cause of the ribs and now because of the voice etc). The audience are said to be ungrateful bastards because, well, they are ungrateful bastards.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:
Isn't this just the typical kind of distortion of facts that they use in american tv-shows about lawyers?

If Von's voice is not in shape, that doesn't warrant booing or general discontent, especially when the man is gracious enough to recognise it (if he was a man who deserves booing, he would've cancelled a few gigs cause of the ribs and now because of the voice etc). The audience are said to be ungrateful bastards because, well, they are ungrateful bastards.
I have never been to a gig with such a bad audience. ever. In more than 20 years of gig going.

WTF is all this talking when the band is playing? after paying 30 euros to go and LISTEN to the band, don't you think they'd even keep their mouths SHUT? as i said before, i had to tell some people to STFU they were talking so much and so bloody loudly.
mugabe

itnAklipse wrote:

If the man himself is "gracious enough" to recognise that they were not very happening, it's hard to just blame the audience for the bad concert. Besides, it's not like Eldritch is benevolently doing people a favour by touring. People do him a favour by paying for the tickets and showing up, and at least some of them expect something in return.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

mugabe wrote:If the man himself is "gracious enough" to recognise that they were not very happening, it's hard to just blame the audience for the bad concert. Besides, it's not like Eldritch is benevolently doing people a favour by touring. People do him a favour by paying for the tickets and showing up, and at least some of them expect something in return.
Believe me the audience was bad from the word go.
mugabe

Barracuda wrote:Believe me the audience was bad from the word go.
Fair enough.
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

I was very surprised at the offer of the free gig though. if all the malcontents stay at home we can enjoy the show.

just hope it's not tacked on the end of the tour - i won't be in Barcelona for those few days.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Barracuda wrote:I was very surprised at the offer of the free gig though. if all the malcontents stay at home we can enjoy the show.

just hope it's not tacked on the end of the tour - i won't be in Barcelona for those few days.
i´m impresed as well, but i remember now that when the woman announced that there´ll be a free show all the venue applaused in a strong way and the same people that didn´t stop of talking and complaining.

what wil they do??? go the the free gig(in the case that they do) for complaining and talkink while they´re playing other time

if they don´t do the gig i don´t mind and if i were Von, I would have stopped the gig during WHEN YOU DON´T SEE ME(that it was the song when all of this started....)

it was an authentic shame!!!
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

dtsom wrote:
Barracuda wrote:I was very surprised at the offer of the free gig though. if all the malcontents stay at home we can enjoy the show.

i´m impresed as well, but i remember now that when the woman announced that there´ll be a free show all the venue applaused in a strong way and the same people that didn´t stop of talking and complaining.

what wil they do??? go the the free gig(in the case that they do) for complaining and talkink while they´re playing other time

if they don´t do the gig i don´t mind and if i were Von, I would have stopped the gig during WHEN YOU DON´T SEE ME(that it was the song when all of this started....)

it was an authentic shame!!!
What made them start booing in When you don't see me? I couldn't understand what brought it about.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Barracuda wrote:What made them start booing in When you don't see me? I couldn't understand what brought it about.
Maybe they were booing because his voice was f**ked. :|
It was a weird gig - the place was packed and the crowd were making alot of noise throughout but not in a good way. Really it was like being at a football match. A massive cheer went up when the free gig was announced though.
I was stood near the back by the desk and didn't hear any boo-ing from there, but I do remember Von stopped singing during WYDSM and said "now it sounds better" or words to that effect.
For what it's worth I enjoyed it, but Madrid was far far better - stonking in fact, and the best gig I've seen so far of this line-up.
:D
The Scene won't save you...
Barracuda
Amphetamine Filth

Scardwel wrote:
Barracuda wrote:What made them start booing in When you don't see me? I couldn't understand what brought it about.
Maybe they were booing because his voice was f**ked. :|
To be honest I couldn't tell.
It was a weird gig - the place was packed and the crowd were making alot of noise throughout but not in a good way. Really it was like being at a football match. A massive cheer went up when the free gig was announced though.
As I said before, worst audience I've ever seen anywhere.
I was stood near the back by the desk and didn't hear any boo-ing from there, but I do remember Von stopped singing during WYDSM and said "now it sounds better" or words to that effect.
For what it's worth I enjoyed it, but Madrid was far far better - stonking in fact, and the best gig I've seen so far of this line-up.
:D
I'm wrong - the booing was later. You must have been near us - I was the one who shouted "f**k off you bastards" at the crowd when they were booing.

I enjoyed it too apart from the audience.