Arctic monkeys

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

The fastest selling debut album in history - 363 000 copies.

Anyone else think they sound like George Formby :twisted: :roll: :? :urff:

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tickets for their tour go on sale on Thursday.

Half a dozen bought, & then stuck on Ebay, would probably get you out to the US for one of the Sisters shows. :D
Give me one good reason
scotty
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Tickets for their tour go on sale on Thursday.

Half a dozen bought, & then stuck on Ebay, would probably get you out to the US for one of the Sisters shows. :D
:eek: :eek: Your right :roll:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Silver_Owl
The Don

They're wank.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
James Blast
Banned

and Utter Pish!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Silver_Owl
The Don

I hope the editor of the Daily Star is reading this. He's probably going to snap up Blast & Corleone for his new music review column.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
sisxbeforedawn

I just don't get'em... maybe I'm getting old. but I just don't get'em, on any level.

It's like The Fog unrated version. I'd rate it, rate it as complete pish!! the original was excellent :notworthy: :lol: why do I feel like a Bill and Ted moment :?:

was it like this for my parents? am I getting old?
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
James Blast
Banned

yup, old

Blast & Corleone
The Dail Star
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
sisxbeforedawn

James Blast wrote:yup, old

Blast & Corleone
The Dail Star
aye well, brake out the tartan slippers, throw away the winkle pinkers :lol: , get the stout in and lose the snake bites'n'black :(
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
scotty
Overbomber

I like them Image
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

scotty wrote:I like them Image
so does Derek R and its well kent whit a FUD! he is. :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Earlier tonight they showed a bit of Artic Monkeys on the telly, and I must say they were quite *yawn*
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Silver_Owl
The Don

But not as much as you love these boys. Eh Keith? :lol:

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
scotty
Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:

Image They're a pair o' HIBBYKUNTZ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I HATE them I HATE them I HATE themImage
Debaser
Overbomber

sisxbeforedawn wrote:
James Blast wrote:yup, old

Blast & Corleone
The Dail Star
aye well, brake out the tartan slippers,
You do realise that, as night follows day, tartan slippers are a sure step towards Spontaneous Human Combustion :urff:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:

Image They're a pair o' HIBBYKUNTZ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I HATE them I HATE them I HATE themImage
ROTFLMFAO

thanx Keith that just brightened my day...

Sunshine On Leith ya Bam! :lol:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

I own no tartan or other slipperage Ness Image

you fancy me now, admit it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Peter Steele
zaltys7

They ARE wank, and they ARE pish, but seriously am I the only person who hears the music hall connection.

"When I'm cleaning windows" etc etc :eek:

Paul
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

ah, but george formby was a consummate proffesional with an endearingly self-dprecating style and a chirpy buck-toothed grin that won him the hearts of the nation; arctic monkeys are just cunts.

@sisxbeforedawn -the horror of our generation however is that whereas our parents and grandparents were appalled at the godless cacophony and depravity of the music / fashion their offspring brought home, our kids are listening to such watered-down, insipid sanitisations of rock/metal/whatever that you feel sorry for them. nu metal -as i've said before - is a fine example of taking a notoriously in-your-face style of music and removing all the intensity, all the angst, all the raw power and leaving just a pale timid creature completely devoid of sex,drugs,and rock'n'roll. :urff: -nu-metal kids even wear flares -'nuff said.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I own no tartan or other slipperage Ness Image

you fancy me now, admit it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you see, sometimes you have me at a disadvantage as I don't read all the posts on here, then you 'slip something in' and refer to it elsewhere :D

I
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Arctic Monkeys:

Was it someone on here who said that they'll wish in a couple of years that they'd waited until their acne cleared up before they got famous?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Jaimie1980

I think they're crap. No surprise they're popular then.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

popbitch wrote:Our favourite ludicrous "Arctic Monkeys are boy-band puppets who don't write their songs" theory? It's all really written by Carter USM.
:innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Burn wrote:Sunshine On Leith ya Bam! :lol:
8) ;D :lol:

Guess what?

I'm 22 years old, and I don't have a fcukin clue who these Arctic Monkey cnuts are. I'm too busy going to watch bands who last released a record the year I was born... :innocent: :oops: :notworthy:

So, give us the run down. Who, what, why? Who do they sound like, apart from George Fornby?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
aims
Overbomber

They do have one redeeming characteristic...

No other band's song would have sounded as funny when Choque started chanting it after the last chords of Burning From The Inside faded ;D