Sisters pic in Leicester Guide website shock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

http://www.leicesterguide.co.uk/clubs.php

recognise the fanclub pic ??

:wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

:lol:
Petseri
Overbomber

So, Leicester is a suburb of Detroit?
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

probably some very good adult cinemas Martin :wink: :innocent:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

as a native of said city i feel i ought to point out that "the fan club" used to be the best goth/alternative club in town (circa. 1987-91) after many changes of hands it has settled into that tiresome groove of apathy and lethargy that demands a once-weekly return-to-the-glory-days night of unsuccessful nostalgia. but they do play the sisters, and always have done. 8)

edit: and although it's not reknowned for it's adult cinemas, the only one i remember leicester ever having was directly across the road from the fanclub. :innocent:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
twp
Amphetamine Filth

ahhh.that makes two of us dwelling in that particular town. Last time I went to Fan Club they did play Kill Your Television though.
Ocean Moves
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: the only one i remember leicester ever having was directly across the road from the fanclub. :innocent:
Isn't that where Jacey's pub is ?(once owned by the Fanclub management)
twp
Amphetamine Filth

thinking on...The Charlotte in Leicester would be an ideal venue for NME to play a warm up
twp
Amphetamine Filth

* ideal as in - not very far for me to travel
DomConway
Filth

twp wrote:thinking on...The Charlotte in Leicester would be an ideal venue for NME to play a warm up
Ah, the Charlotte... Saw Fudge Tunnel there many many moons ago, what a night! Stage-dive-tastic.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Ocean Moves wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: the only one i remember leicester ever having was directly across the road from the fanclub. :innocent:
Isn't that where Jacey's pub is ?(once owned by the Fanclub management)
Jacey's bar is around the corner from the fan club on belgrave gate- i was drinking in there on friday night as it goes.

@ twp i don't live there now...i live at least 20 miles up the road. ;D and yes the charlotte would be a nice hole to stumble across the sisters in warm-up mode.

@dom conway -me too, the only time i ever saw fudge tunnel in fact...a shame: they were fuckin' awesome.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: