US Tour off ?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Timaslett
Road Kill

Chris is in hospital with apendicitis and the US Tour is now in doubt, more to follow............................
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

just a bad joke ? :eek:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

But FFS!! :(
At least 2 weeks for recovery from that, IIRC...?
Anyway, most important: best wishes to Chris, hope he soon is up and running again!
Potentially disastrous news :urff:
doc P
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

ooops forgot@ timaslett welcome newbie :wink:
where did you get the info from ? :?:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Timaslett
Road Kill

Info is from a very good and totally reliable source is all I'll say
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

What? :eek:

If it's true, I'm sure crossing my fingers for him to recover ASAP :urff:

Not only bad for him but I guess this would kill the Sisters off in the US, right :?:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh my God, poor Chris.
Anyway, appendicitis is not a deadly illness nowadays, and so I hope he'll recover very soon. :) Well, most definitely he'll be OK in time for the European dates. :P
The only problem is, I somehow can't imagine him on stage without the jumping. :? :)
Still - is this really true? :? :|
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

the sisters' site wrote:Very Special Bandmember on morphine: Chris Catalyst is recovering well from an unexpected trip to hospital. This does not affect our schedule
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
_emma_
Overbomber

Ah, he's young, he'll be in perfect form in a few days I'm sure. :)
Or maybe there is someone else hired as stand-by for the first couple of gigs :?:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
the sisters' site wrote:Very Special Bandmember on morphine: Chris Catalyst is recovering well from an unexpected trip to hospital. This does not affect our schedule
Well thanks f**k for that :D
Timaslett
Road Kill

Timaslett wrote:Chris is in hospital with apendicitis and the US Tour is now in doubt, more to follow............................

Remember where you heard it first :wink:

The tour has not been 100% confirmed as of yet and also the subject of those Visa's the U.S are very funny about these days which are no formality are yet to be apllied for let alone issued.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Timaslett wrote:yet to be apllied for
:eek: If that's true they're cutting it a bit late.

Some people who have already paid out big time for travel across the Atlantic could be seriously p!ssed off...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

It's always possible they'll come over on the 90-day tourist-visa waiver scheme..."So, Mr. Eldritch - what is the purpose of your visit to the United States?" "Sex, violence, and drugs." Ka-chunk!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

EvilBastard wrote:It's always possible they'll come over on the 90-day tourist-visa waiver scheme..."So, Mr. Eldritch - what is the purpose of your visit to the United States?" "Sex, violence, and drugs." Ka-chunk!
But technically touring is working, isn't it?

So it might be slightly more difficult :eek:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:

Some people who have already paid out big time for travel across the Atlantic could be seriously p!ssed off...
last i heard yeah, they had still not been applied for. that was early last week... dunno if anything's changed yet as i haven't spoken to anyone recently :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Timaslett
Road Kill

Visa applications tomorrow I hear.

My understanding is there are different sorts of visas, and applicants (if working for their employer)travelling in the US they need to prove they can do the job better than any US citizen. It's not the same as a tourist who can just sign a waiver form and enter easily ( assuming you're from an approved country )
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Timaslett wrote:applicants (if working for their employer)travelling in the US they need to prove they can do the job better than any US citizen.
No problem there, since most US Goff bands suck big time! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:

last i heard yeah, they had still not been applied for. that was early last week... dunno if anything's changed yet as i haven't spoken to anyone recently :|
do you think they're waiting to see how ticket sales go before committing to the tour.

only asking like :roll:
Goths have feelings too
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:It's always possible they'll come over on the 90-day tourist-visa waiver scheme..."So, Mr. Eldritch - what is the purpose of your visit to the United States?" "Sex, violence, and drugs." Ka-chunk!
But technically touring is working, isn't it?

So it might be slightly more difficult :eek:
It's only working if you TELL them you're working. They're on tour, therefore they're tourists, right? 8)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:

You said it! Of course Chris being ill is another matter - I do hope he gets better soon and is well enough to tour. Maybe at worst (visas permitting) they would be forced to cancel some dates at the start but that would still seriously screw up my plans...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Hello,

I've just had an interesting few days in hospital (in the bed next to a man who calls himself The Cowboy and came into my room thing stark bollock naked in the middle of the night shouting 'FRANK!! FRANK!!' at me) with the exciting and fun illness appendicitis, which I don't recommend. It hurts.

Anyway thanks for all the emails (1), My Space messages (2), cards (0) and flowers (-2) I received. I'm alright now and home and all that even though I did have to pretend that a train to catch so I could get out.

I will be with the Sisters next week, even if I have to bloody swim there. (I won't, though - which is a good thing because I'm seriously rubbish at swimming.)

Frank.

I mean, Chris.
Goths have feelings too
pikkrong
Overbomber

If they would not get visas or US gigs (or the first 6) would be cancelled I'll be seriously depressed :cry:
I'm rubbish at swimming as well and I'm taking antibiotics now but those things don't make me depressed...
do i drive
or am i driven
boudicca
Sister Midnight

This is what you get for blowing all your money scurrying across the Atlantic... :roll:

*ducks and runs back into General Chat VERY fast*
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Robochrist wrote:
Sorry, I've been a bit ill so I've had to cancel the gig on Saturday with Chas n Dave in Thirsk, which is a shame because (a) I love Chas n Dave (b) I hate letting promoters down, (c) it's my birthday and (d) I hate cancelling gigs. But out of the blue I've had to have my appendix out so I have a big wound on my abdomen, which means it hurts to fart, let alone sing. Some might say they sound roughly similar.

Anyway sorry again to Katy the promoter in Thirsk.

I'm going away next week, so Robochrist goes back in the shed for a bit.

All the best
Chris.
"as we walk on the floodland"