Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Brussels, April 22nd
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #126  Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't have a clue either, haven't been there before TBH. Koen, Iz?

My Facebook/My Flickr
fddkbe
Road Kill

PostPost #127  Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crap - they never had an opening act on their Belgian shows - indeed catching the last train will mean missing out on the last part of the show ... Wierded Out
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #128  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tickets for sale at ebay (not from me)

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/THE-SISTERS-OF-MERCY-a-lAncienne-Belgique-2TICKETS_W0QQitemZ6623276654QQcategoryZ58738QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(and only 1.99 euro right now...)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #129  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's loads of bars/cafés to visit within crawling distance from the AB. A nice café is El Metteko(Anspachlaan 88 ), between de Beurs/la Bourse and the AB. An old school style place with mirrors on tha walls, darkbrown colours, wood all over & a very mixed crowd Very Happy . You can have a drink or some nice things to eat too... I kinda like it Wink

Another groovy place (for the slightly high brow kinda cats) is the Falstaff. Legendary in the sixties when it became thé hangout-place for the beat generation. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil all the way and apparently there's a gateway to another dimension over there... which is cool It wasn't me... Today it's mainly visited by elderly people who get their coffee Mr. Green . Still worth a visit (but pretty expensive!!).

If you go in one of the streets right across the AB (on the opposite side of the Anspachlaan that is), there are loads of nice & cosy pubs, cocktailbars and what more.

Well, do what ya like with this info... I'll probably be too late for the pre- gig thingies anyway...

Cool

Last edited by radiojamaica on Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #130  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:

Another groovy place (for the slightly high brow kinda cats) is the Falstaff. Legendary in the sixties when it became thé hangout-place for the beat generation. Art Nouveau/Jugendstil all the way and apparently there's a gateway to another dimension over there... which is cool It wasn't me... Today it's mainly visited by elderly people who get their coffee Mr. Green . Still worth a visit (but pretty expensive!!).

Cool

It is indeed a lovely place, with a nice service and lovely design (ain't it Horta, by the way?) Mr. Green I went there for a drink with our gig, but on a Sat night, it becomes quite crowdy with a lot of posh 40-years-old and their dates/secretaries/whatever.

But it is a good place to have a drink and a snack, while not being expensive (at least not more expensive than the rest of Brussels), AND it is within a minute of the AB (just around the corner, in fact, next to the Beursschouwburg)

For me, I fear there will not be a meeting beforehand, as we are with the Gang from Lier. We go straight in. We don't muck around. Our fearless leader!

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #131  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falstaff is okay with me, though I like to be in on time as well. I'll be around in the early afternoon I presume.

You'll recognise me Laughing

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #132  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

It is indeed a lovely place, with a nice service and lovely design (ain't it Horta, by the way?) Mr. Green I went there for a drink with our gig, but on a Sat night, it becomes quite crowdy with a lot of posh 40-years-old and their dates/secretaries/whatever.

But it is a good place to have a drink and a snack, while not being expensive (at least not more expensive than the rest of Brussels), AND it is within a minute of the AB (just around the corner, in fact, next to the Beursschouwburg)

For me, I fear there will not be a meeting beforehand, as we are with the Gang from Lier. We go straight in. We don't muck around. Our fearless leader!

IZ.

Yeah, that Horta chap really had it coming It wasn't me...

and thanx Izzy for pointing out where the Falstaff is located... I forgot to put that in my message Embarassed Thank you for reading Mr. Green
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #133  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviousman wrote:
Falstaff is okay with me, though I like to be in on time as well. I'll be around in the early afternoon I presume.

You'll recognise me Laughing
thats what i'm aiming for myself but I hope I will get some sleep the night/morning before Surprised
radiojamaica
Overbomber

PostPost #134  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

christophe wrote:
thats what i'm aiming for myself but I hope I will get some sleep the night/morning before Surprised

any wild plans on Friday night, Christophe?
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #135  Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radiojamaica wrote:
christophe wrote:

any wild plans on Friday night, Christophe?

I appear to be invited to see Akira, but I don’t know if its going to be before of after the party Razz Twisted Evil
Scardwel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #136  Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right I've decided I'm going to this one so hopefully I'll see some of you at the pre-show, the show and the aftershow of course!
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #137  Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Scardwel wrote:
Right I've decided I'm going to this one so hopefully I'll see some of you at the pre-show, the show and the aftershow of course!

oi Mr. Green
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #138  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight is the night Mr. Green

I know I'm ready, are you guys? Our fearless leader!

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #139  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, have a good time and keep us informed ! Our fearless leader!
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #140  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We will arrive somewhere 19:44 at Brussels Central. Any concrete plans already? Not really bothering to see Nihil, I'm afraid...

AB foyer or another place?

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

PostPost #141  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll just go to the AB foyer, I guess. I'm leaving here at about two or three o'clock. So see you there Wink

I'll have to go and see Nihil if I want a good spot I'm affraid though...

My Facebook/My Flickr
Powerslave
Road Kill

PostPost #142  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

URGENT

ONE OF MY FRIENDS GOT SICK FOR TONIGHT. I HAVE ONE TICKET TO SALE.

NO BLACK MARKET!!!!

I'LL SELL IT AT THE PRICE I BOUGHT IT : 35€

THE PLACE WILL GO TO THE FIRST WHO CONTACT ME VIA PERSONAL MESSAGE
Powerslave
Road Kill

PostPost #143  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sold, thnx Wink
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat

PostPost #144  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have a fabulous time people!

And a top nite out!
doc P

PostPost #145  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

enjoy you guys Cool
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #146  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to your reviews! We are not worthy!
Badlander
Overbomber

PostPost #147  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's getting late. Confused Laughing
randdebiel²

PostPost #148  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great gig, too short Smile
doc P

PostPost #149  Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

randdebiel² wrote:
great gig, too short Smile

and that is supposed to mean? It wasn't me...
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #150  Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just got back from Brussels It wasn't me... Cool

The setlist was the same as the Paris gig except for "Will I Dream" who was not played

During “Dominion”, there was a technical problem and Our fearless leader! stopped singing for a moment during the first part.

The guitar work from Benn during "We are the same Suzanne" was really rocking!! So was the audience.

Also there was a lot of smoke (maybe too much). I was on the first row and during parts of the show they were really unvisible, but I didn't mind. The sound was pretty good, although Our fearless leader! ' voice was sometimes not so clear. Maybe the audience was singing too loud so he couldn't be heard at times.
Laughing It wasn't me...

My girlfriend also got the plectrum from Benn, which was Cool Cool

Up to Astoria Cool Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Bite The Silver Bullet 2006 Tour (ARCHIVED) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: