Conspiracy Theory, anyone?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Has anyone wondered whether we're all just part of some bizarre experiment? Jim Morrison used to say that what he enjoyed about performing live was seeing if he could manipulate the audience to do what he wanted.
Here we've got this band, fronted by someone at least as intelligent as Morrison, who hasn't released anything new in 14 years, who berates his fans in interviews and in songs ("Save me from the grave" on Marian, for example), who tours once in a blue moon, but who receives almost unquestioning loyalty from fans who spend a good chunk of their disposable travelling the world to see the shows and tracking down bootlegs. This loyalty is thrown into sharp relief when someone posts something derogatory (and perhaps even ill-informed) in a forum devoted to discussions about the band - the response is hostile, to the extent of name-calling.
It occurred to me last night that :von: may be trying to see how far we (the fans) can be pushed. He posts something about the shows being on DAT (DJ AEternam, AE = Andrew Eldritch?) to see what our reaction would be, and is gratifed to read that we won't hear a word said against the band. So are we merely pawns in his experiment? Are we likely to see in the near future a gig where it's just him sitting in an armchair doing the crossword, just so he can see what we will do?
Answers on a postcard above the chemist, please. I'll keep listening, going to the gigs, and buying the bootlegs (which, who knows, might be official output because it's easier than going to the effort of writing new material), but is anyone else wondering whether we're putting up with the shampoo in our eyes just so we can keep pushing the lever to get the pellets?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well I hadn't thought that..until you just said it.
But now Im paranoid.

But be careful what you say though...you can locked up for that sort thing these days :wink:

Its like the old rumours that Mcafee secretly hire geeks to write new viruses so that they in turn can sell us software to save us all from the 'growing threat'.

If hackers really wanted to screw things up, have a few years amnesty from writing any new viruses, so that the anti-virus companies all get into financial difficulties and then hit em hard!
Badlander
Overbomber

I never said I loved everything about the Sis + I don't give them all my money. I'm going to Paris and possibly also to Stuttgart, I certainly wouldn't travel the world for them.

But you know this IS a TSOM forum, so we might just as well talk about them. And love them. ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
SomeKindOfStranger

Badlander wrote: But you know this IS a TSOM forum, so we might just as well talk about them.
ah. you're new around here are'nt you...... :D :D :D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

EvilBastard wrote: the bootlegs (which, who knows, might be official output because it's easier than going to the effort of writing new material)
I've heard this story once before. It was about the Smoke and Mirrors boot (01-04-2003)... :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Are you American EvilBastard? Image
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Are you American EvilBastard? Image
Wash your mouth out with Wright's Coal Tar Soap, young man!!!! :lol:
No indeed, my passport opens with the words "Her Britannic Majesty's Secretary of State of Foreign & Commonwealth Affairs requests and requires in the name of Her Majesty all those whom it may concern to allow the bearer to pass without let or hindrance, and to afford the bearer such assistance as may be necessary."
So imshi, house-wallah, and fetch the Sahib his slippers 8)
I just live there - I count it as a non-governmental humanitarian m*****n to teach these colonials how to spell, write beautiful prose, and make decent tea.
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:Are you American EvilBastard? Image
:notworthy: :lol: :lol: :notworthy:

That`s what I thought.. Sorry @EvilBastard, no offense meant.
Since X-Files we ought to know that the aliens come here to explore us.
You are right, it`s all a test, and yes, Andrew is an alien. Why else would :von: come to be grey?
8) And I am chinese.
;D marsian. Father chinese, mother marsian.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
Badlander
Overbomber

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:
Badlander wrote: But you know this IS a TSOM forum, so we might just as well talk about them.
So ?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

You should know, this may be a TSOM forum, but that doesn't mean we talk about them that often. :lol:
SomeKindOfStranger

Badlander wrote:
So ?
didnt mean anything by it - just a bit of humour.

Its just that round these parts the sisters-related chat generally tends to take a backseat to everything else (unless theres a tour on!) - especially in General Chat.
canon docre
Overbomber

@Evilbastard. You might be onto something. I remember a few weeks back, a guy that claimed that AE was gay. His overall behaviour was very suspicious too.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Badlander
Overbomber

Its just that round these parts the sisters-related chat generally tends to take a backseat to everything else (unless theres a tour on!) - especially in General Chat.
Right. The tour is just the reason why I joined. Otherwise I would have stuck to my old read-the-posts-but-don't-contribute-because-you-think-you-have-better-things-to-do ways.

That's what you call a free rider, isn't it ? :wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:That`s what I thought.. Sorry @EvilBastard, no offense meant. Since X-Files we ought to know that the aliens come here to explore us. You are right, it`s all a test, and yes, Andrew is an alien. Why else would :von: come to be grey?
8) And I am chinese.
My father's from Cuba, but my mother is Icelandic - I guess that makes me an icecube... :lol:
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

Maybe a gay who was hoping Andrew was gay..
edit:*looks at canon docres avatar, says in a shivery voice:*Mo..Momy?
Last edited by eotunun on 21 Feb 2006, 11:22, edited 3 times in total.
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
boudicca
Sister Midnight

EvilBastard wrote:
eotunun wrote:That`s what I thought.. Sorry @EvilBastard, no offense meant. Since X-Files we ought to know that the aliens come here to explore us. You are right, it`s all a test, and yes, Andrew is an alien. Why else would :von: come to be grey?
8) And I am chinese.
My father's from Cuba, but my mother is Icelandic - I guess that makes me an icecube... :lol:
B-dum tshhhh! :lol:

Von is deffo watching us - dance my pretties, dance! :twisted:
Not that this stops me thumbing my nose and making lascivious comments about his trousers on a regular basis. I saw him in Leeds Merrion Centre at Bloktober, that's all I need to know. :von:

Everything we know is wrong...
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

eotunun wrote:Maybe a gay who was hoping Andrew was gay..
no -just a troll. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

boudicca wrote: I saw him in Leeds Merrion Centre at Bloktober, that's all I need to know. :von:
Ah, the Merrion - he's bound to be batting for the other team, then :lol:
Do they still have that market in the back there, with loads of quite weird stuff? There used to be a guy selling knock-off Sisters stuff in there (like the cheap badges that said "Jesus loves the Sisters" that fell apart after being out in the rain).
Hank Moody
ailime
Amphetamine Filth

evilbastard wrote:My father's from Cuba, but my mother is Icelandic - I guess that makes me an icecube...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's among the funniest jokes of this kind i have heard - :notworthy:

emi
*had to edit - had the wrong quote for a couple of seconds*
Les vertiges de l'amour et les effets de la drogue
in short : Andrew Eldritch's effect on me
goriller of form 3b

What is The Matrix?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:What is The Matrix?
allergic to truth, reason and humour Mr Fiend
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
Eldritch wrote:Just call me Agent Smith.
;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Ah, I'm sure he left all the clues hidden in the lyrics :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Dark
Underneath the Rock

By the way, DJ Æternum is not Eldritch. Æ is just the sound "e", written in a fancy way.
aims
Overbomber

Sounds like a trick a Von would use :innocent: