Slight Case Part 2

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

What do you guys know about this? Real?
A promo was made but the real album was canceled?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

People on this thread are saying it's a bootleg / CD-R

Which reminds me, that thread should probably come over here int Trading.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

s**t.. i'm glad i stopped bidding on it.
hmm... is everyone sure it's just a bootleg?
it looks legit to me. i have lots of sisters promos from elektra records and they all look the same. but i could be wrong. maybe this one is fake. i have never heard that there should have been a promo for "slight case part 2" or even talks about releasing such an album. but i do remember someone writing about "more (1993)" here on the forum some time ago.

has anyone heard "giving ground (1994)" and "more (1993)"?
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

More 1993 is a remixed version of More. See the Wiki for more details.

God knows what that Giving Ground version is.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Dark
Underneath the Rock

*edit* I was wrong
Last edited by Dark on 17 Jan 2006, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The autograph is legit but it is a bootleg, he tried to sell it a while ago but for some reason his ebay account got pulled!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

Oh I see. Yeah I got the groove and power mix of MORE on an unofficial collection called "tempe of rarities".

One thing that I think is strange about this "slight case part 2" is the choice of songs. Why isn't "Ribbons" on it instead of "You Could Be The One"... and why is "Untitled" and "Sandstorm" on it.

They're nice tracks but hardly two of their better songs. And why aren't their more songs from "First And Last And Always" like "Marianne" and "Some Kind Of Stranger".

Whoever put this greatest hits collection together doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Just my personal taste I guess.

But maybe one can't put all the "greater" songs on one CD. There has got to be good songs left over on the regular albums so people will be motivated to buy them too.

But still, if you're gonna release a part 2 to the very successful " a slight case of overbombing" do it properly. Just my two cents. ;)

If this is a fake promo, it's illegal. It's illegal to print Elektra and WEA on the CD. That's why I'm not sure if this is fake or not. There are lots of unofficial collections like "some boys wander by mistake" and "temple of rarites" and much more. But no collection that I have seen has the band's record company's name, logo, copyright, promonumber etc. Which causes me to wonder.

And then there's the autograph on the front. It looks real but could be fake or printed. But why would Andrew sign a promo CD. Unless it was signed to a fan. I don't think that he signed all the promo CDs for this album before they reached various shops, companies, radiostations etc.

And also.. his autograph is on a sticker that clearly says "greatest hits volume two".

What do you guys think?

:von: :roll:
Last edited by EricSweden on 16 Jan 2006, 17:27, edited 2 times in total.
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

the-happening wrote:The autograph is legit but it is a bootleg, he tried to sell it a while ago but for some reason his ebay account got pulled!
I see. Well I'm glad I stopped bidding. :)

I remember buying stuff from you on ebay. I can't remember what it was though :)
hallucienate
Overbomber

You get to 140 quid before you worry if it's a bootleg :eek:
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

I'm too eager when it comes to online buying. I usually shoot first and then ask questions. I felt pretty sure that it was real. But then when I had calmed down, something started to not feel right.
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

That greek guy shows up from time to time on Ebay. I've bought some things off him in the past with no problems. He always seems to have a good mix of offical releases and bootlegs, but most of them are overpriced.

He's had at least 5 accounts that I know about.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
EricSweden
Amphetamine Filth

To me it's an even tie between being real and fake. Some things speak for it and some against it.

:)
James
Amphetamine Filth

Giving Ground (1994) is a cover by a band called Syria
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

James wrote:Giving Ground (1994) is a cover by a band called Syria
:roll:

How do you know?
"as we walk on the floodland"
hallucienate
Overbomber

James wrote:Giving Ground (1994) is a cover by a band called Syria
Haven't Syria done a number of Sisters covers? I think I remember hearing Numb/SKOS (and thinking it was s**t).
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

CellThree wrote:That greek guy shows up from time to time on Ebay. .
I wonder... would that be the greek guy who had a musicstore in Brussels not far from the Ancienne Belgique?
He had a lot of Sisters stuff (when I was at highschool in Brussels I spent a lot of time and cash in his store). Last I heard from him was that he had returend to Greece...
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>Giving Ground (1994) is a cover by a band called Syria

correct :wink:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Peter KJ wrote:
CellThree wrote:That greek guy shows up from time to time on Ebay. .
I wonder... would that be the greek guy who had a musicstore in Brussels not far from the Ancienne Belgique?
He had a lot of Sisters stuff (when I was at highschool in Brussels I spent a lot of time and cash in his store). Last I heard from him was that he had returend to Greece...
Correct