Overbombing tour line-up

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
meckert
Road Kill

Maybe it's a bit lame question, but I'm too lazy to dig thru the web to find this info. Who exactly played in TSOM during the 1993 Overbombing tour ? AFAIK bass was played by Doktor Avalanche, but who did the second guitar (was it Adam ?), and who did the background female vocals (which are almost as loud as Eldo's on bootlegs that I have, and on the bootleg from London 20.12.1993 female vocals are sometimes louder than Andrew's). Anybody has links to pictures from that gigs ???
Big Si
School Bully

Brixton 1993 lineup was - 'the good doktor', :von: , Adam Pearson, Andreas Bruhn, Jovanka von Willsdorf and Hermine Karo.

(From UTRX)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
meckert
Road Kill

ok, enlight me : Jovanka von Willsdorf and Hermine Karo - who are those people ?? i've read most websites about Sister's history and haven't met those two :-)
christian p.
Road Kill

dunno about hermine karo, but jovanka von willsdorf is now singer of the not unknown (in germany) neo ndw (neue deutsche welle = new german wave) band QUARKS (http://www.quarks-music.de).

they were originally signed to the label 'monika enterprises', owned by gudrun gut of MALARIA fame ('kaltes klares wasser') and released three albums there. their last album came out on a major.

here's a pic of her:

afaik, she lives in berlin and is a good friend of adam pearson. btw: adam was recently interviewed on berlin local TV as a club guest.
pikkrong
Overbomber

Thanks for the info, Christian :notworthy:
Did you see this interview with Adam? :eek:
christian p.
Road Kill

yes, i saw it by coincidence. but did not taped it, unfortunately. short summary: he was introduced as sisters guitar player and he told that he is / was (?) in berlin for making music, but (of course) not with or for whom. funny, though.
pikkrong
Overbomber

christian p. wrote:yes, i saw it by coincidence. but did not taped it, unfortunately. short summary: he was introduced as sisters guitar player and he told that he is / was (?) in berlin for making music, but (of course) not with or for whom. funny, though.
maybe it's related to this:
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3659
:wink:
mayhem
Glam Rock Throwback

meckert wrote:Maybe it's a bit lame question, but I'm too lazy to dig thru the web to find this info. Who exactly played in TSOM during the 1993 and who did the background female vocals (which are almost as loud as Eldo's on bootlegs that I have, and on the bootleg from London 20.12.1993 female vocals are sometimes louder than Andrew's).
Ooooh horrid memories.

I did not appreciate them shrieking all through Comfortably Numb & SKOS etc at the time but the tapes were even worse....
AAALLL I KNOW FOR SUUUUURE!!! and so on, talk about killing the moment.

If ever there are female backing singers again, please let them be contraltos. Far down in the mix. Thank you.

M