Brussels 11May06 mp3s and resulting sh*tstorm

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Ozric
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:I've edited this out of the main thread for the concert, as it's deserving a topic in its own right.
Ozric wrote:I managed to get a Dimeadozen account :lol: This morning at 5 am

I downloaded the flac files, converted them to mp3 and right now uploading them to rapidshare, I post the link in about an hour.
Here it is :

http://rapidshare.de/files/20659471/tsom.zip.html

thank you MrGreen
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks Ozric! That was quick. :D
Badlander
Overbomber

Ozric wrote: Here it is :

thank you MrGreen
WTF is going on ?! I can't extract the files !!! :urff: :evil:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
doc P

same problem here :eek:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
Ozric
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
Ozric wrote: Here it is :

thank you MrGreen
WTF is going on ?! I can't extract the files !!! :urff: :evil:
:( damned. I used high compression, didn't test it :innocent: and indeed corrupt. Sorry guy's.

I'm already uploading a zip file with normal compression, tested this one :innocent: and it works.

I post the link when the upload is ready
DerKoyote
Road Kill

Perfect! Thank you....

One last question: Which quality do the MP3-Files have? 128 Kbits or more? 192 Kibts would be great...
life, my friend, is decadence & isolation
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

One of us who have managed to get onto DaD may make this available as a lossless weed once it has downloaded... :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Badlander
Overbomber

DerKoyote wrote:Perfect! Thank you....

One last question: Which quality do the MP3-Files have? 128 Kbits or more? 192 Kibts would be great...
Now really, how can you hear the difference between 128 and 192 kbps ? :eek: :P 8)
doc P

Badlander wrote:Now really, how can you hear the difference between 128 and 192 kbps ? :eek: :P 8)
with your ears :innocent:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
mugabe

Badlander wrote:Now really, how can you hear the difference between 128 and 192 kbps ? :eek: :P 8)
More often than not, 128kbps mp3's have an annoying flutter in high frequencies. 192 is minimum for mp3, imho.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
DerKoyote
Road Kill

Exactly!
mrgreen
Road Kill

Hasn't anyone read the accompanying info.txt in the torrent ? It clearly says "don't share in mp3 format" :roll:

That doesn't mean you can't convert to mp3 for your own listening pleasure, but please, if you share, share in lossless format. Thank you !
Ozric
Road Kill

mrgreen wrote:Hasn't anyone read the accompanying info.txt in the torrent ? It clearly says "don't share in mp3 format" :roll:

That doesn't mean you can't convert to mp3 for your own listening pleasure, but please, if you share, share in lossless format. Thank you !
Sorry, Flac's to big for rapidshare.

For those intrested in MP3, the others don't download it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/20667017/tsom2.zip.html
DerKoyote
Road Kill

Only 128 Kibts :(

But nevertheless: Thank you for that. Maybe someday there will be a 192-version..... :wink:
Badlander
Overbomber

mrgreen wrote:Hasn't anyone read the accompanying info.txt in the torrent ? It clearly says "don't share in mp3 format" :roll:

I always find that kind of comment quite amusing indeed. Recording and distributing copyrighted live material is illegal anyway. Back in the day you sometimes had a copyright note on bootleg CDs. :eek: :lol:
Now I really can't see how you can stop anybody from sharing something you shouldn't have in the first place. :roll: :wink:
BTW, I do know it's a moral issue rather than a law issue.
frederik
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

to keep things simple please: is there anybody who has already downloaded the FLAC files from Dimeadozen and is willing to weed them out on a FLAC disc in the weeding section? (and make us all :D )

Many thanks :innocent: :notworthy: :notworthy:
mugabe

Badlander wrote:I always find that kind of comment quite amusing indeed. Recording and distributing copyrighted live material is illegal anyway. Back in the day you sometimes had a copyright note on bootleg CDs. :eek: :lol:
Now I really can't see how you can stop anybody from sharing something you shouldn't have in the first place. :roll: :wink:
To the best of my knowledge, if you tape live material, this isn't copyrighted, as copyright exists in recordings. If you were right, recording a show you've been to and listening to it at home would be illegal. You're not allowed to sell it, though. Also, I see a point in not spreading lossy versions, since these will inevitable deteriorate each time they're transcoded. Keep the trades lossless, and then you can do what you like with them yourself.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Ozric wrote: Sorry, Flac's to big for rapidshare.
Isn't it possible to do it like this:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 473#241473

:?:
mugabe

euphoria wrote:
Ozric wrote: Sorry, Flac's to big for rapidshare.
Isn't it possible to do it like this:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... 473#241473

:?:
It's possible, but if you don't want to pay for a "premium" account, you'll have to wait for >1h in-between parts. Kinda awkward, since the session also times out.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

mugabe wrote: It's possible, but if you don't want to pay for a "premium" account, you'll have to wait for >1h in-between parts. Kinda awkward, since the session also times out.
If you don't want to wait, you can delete the cookies, log out and log in again (and repeat the process 4-5 times, obviously)
mrgreen
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:

I always find that kind of comment quite amusing indeed. Recording and distributing copyrighted live material is illegal anyway. Back in the day you sometimes had a copyright note on bootleg CDs. :eek: :lol:
OK. I will stop sharing my shows from now on.
mugabe

euphoria wrote:
mugabe wrote: It's possible, but if you don't want to pay for a "premium" account, you'll have to wait for >1h in-between parts. Kinda awkward, since the session also times out.
If you don't want to wait, you can delete the cookies, log out and log in again (and repeat the process 4-5 times, obviously)
I'm not sure I want to delete all my cookies, but at least deleting the rapidshare.de ones doesn't do the trick.
mugabe

mrgreen wrote:OK. I will stop sharing my shows from now on.
No need for that. Keep up the good work!
Red_Kola
Amphetamine Filth

You bastards. You could at least have waited a respectful ammount of time before ignoring the uploader's wishes...

Legal? Moral? - f**k it. It's just plain rude...

Sorry this happened MrGreen. You are, of course, free to withold your labour whenever you like, but I'd just like to say "thanks" for sharing the gig and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.
Last edited by Red_Kola on 17 May 2006, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

mrgreen wrote:OK. I will stop sharing my shows from now on.
I don't blame you. MP3 sucks!
Last edited by Scardwel on 17 May 2006, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
The Scene won't save you...