sisters logo on front cover of new 'classic rock'

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
culprit
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

... summer 09 edition of Classic Rock arrived in the post this morning with a shiny gold sisters logo on the front cover (amongst 30 others), titled ' The Incredibly Strange and Very Heavy Story of METAL'.

And a three page feature inside.

...Just thought I'd let you obsessives know!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
culprit

A couple of good quotes...

of his guitarists..."I don't really notice much of a generation difference - I think the only thing that bothers them is that I tend to march around the dressing room without any clothes on".

of reclusiveness..."We used to have an office in London. Everyone knew where it was so we'd have Japanese girls crying there all day."

of goth..."I've got a dictionary with a whole chunk ripped out around the letter 'G'".

of how he is..."The world is still pissing on my lawn and parking its tanks on it".
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Thanks .... at least a smidgin of, say, news ...
silentNate

culprit wrote:of goth..."I've got a dictionary with a whole chunk ripped out around the letter 'G'".
Shame :von: doesn't say more on stage as he would definately make a great stand-up comedian ;D

Thanks for sharing 8)
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

culprit wrote:A couple of good quotes...

of his guitarists..."I don't really notice much of a generation difference - I think the only thing that bothers them is that I tend to march around the dressing room without any clothes on".
nudist hippies.
guns & cars & accidents
Dark
Underneath the Rock

silentNate wrote:
culprit wrote:of goth..."I've got a dictionary with a whole chunk ripped out around the letter 'G'".
Shame :von: doesn't say more on stage as he would definately make a great stand-up comedian ;D

Thanks for sharing 8)
Well, he IS a bit of a joke. :roll:

Shame the whole "Let's find more anti-goth jokes" got as boring and repetitive as the music he so loves to hate apparently is.
James Blast
Banned

Amen!

well said Dude :notworthy:

in FAC. it merits a Revr'nd Image
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the news,I used to buy Classic Rock every month,but haven't bothered for a couple of years.Will pick this one up.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

Dark wrote:Shame the whole "Let's find more anti-goth jokes" got as boring and repetitive as the music he so loves to hate apparently is.
In all fairness, most people aren't hanging on his every word like we are, so they don't get the full brunt of his bile :lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:Amen!

well said Dude :notworthy:

in FAC. it merits a Revr'nd Image
Cheers, fancy a pint when I get back up, brother? Just a PM away. :)
James Blast
Banned

why the hell not :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
culprit

And a few more quotes from the shiny headed one...

Of Patricia..."I had expected her to be more involved than she was. Let's leave it at that".

Of reunion with Hussey..."I don't see the point in those scenarios. They never seem to amount to anything more than one last payday.".

Of Floodland..."My head was obviously in Def Leppard mode to some extent...not that there's anything wrong with that".

Of releasing records..."We've been free of obligations and ties for some time now, and we don't need to make records. A release would be nice as long as it didn't break the bank, but it could lose us a lot, depending on how we make it."
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
James Blast
Banned

proving he's still a COCK!

on releasing records - James Ray can do it then retire gracefully, Mr. E likes the sound of his own voice too much, methinks
has anyone in the inner sanctum informed him that TotP no longer exists, we distribute music differently these days and it seems playing some UK music festival with BBC coverage is the way forward?

my patience gone and my faith dwindling to nowt :|
~ Peter Steele
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Damn fine upto date picture of :von: in it though. If a little bit too up close.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Prescott

James Blast wrote:proving he's still a COCK!

on releasing records - James Ray can do it then retire gracefully, Mr. E likes the sound of his own voice too much, methinks
has anyone in the inner sanctum informed him that TotP no longer exists, we distribute music differently these days and it seems playing some UK music festival with BBC coverage is the way forward?

my patience gone and my faith dwindling to nowt :|
I don't think he wants to be understood. I sincerely believe now that Mark Pairman/Gary Marx was hinting at something with the words : "an idiot joke for an idiot nation".

It is a damned idiot joke Andrew. Why can't he just be direct? The fun in being mysterious and opaque, obtuse and pretentious is long past. There are so many different flipping ways that we all have discussed how he could accomplish a new record, even if that merely means single releases, yet it seems he just doesn't want to.

Did someone ask you if you NEED to release a record AE? How about do you WANT to? Just tell us that much. Unless you are afraid that the few of us that still really look forward to it the most might lose interest in going to the shows and buying merch, whether it suits us or not, if you directly stated that you do not WANT to ever release another Sisters record of any kind.

If it's cost I'm sure we would all pitch in. If it's time, god knows we would all wait a little bit longer. If it's production, keep in mind that many of us might even prefer a return to a more minimalist sound.

If you know about this place, the weeds, the shares, god-forbidden bootleg discs all over ebay, etc. Why not just release soundboard live shows like Pearl Jam and call it a day. At least it would make you some more money and we would all probably rather pay you for soundboard recordings rather than crappy audience nonsense any day.

Then we could "hear it as you hear it".

But James is so right to feel the way he does, and so are the rest of us, call it cheap emotional blackmail, call it whining, call it what you will, it is what it is.

Do you WANT to? We know you don't NEED to.

:roll:

If you decide you do AE, I will make it my second job to help you sell them in the States.
"... because we're that kind of people."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Prescott wrote: ... But James is so right to feel the way he does, and so are the rest of us ...
I somewhat - but not in total - support what you've written before, however, count me
out of this ... I don't feel so. I'm sure, there are reasonable grounds for the situation as is.
Do you WANT to? We know you don't NEED to. :roll:
If you decide you do AE, I will make it my second job to help you sell them in the States.

:D ... you're so nice, Prescott ... thanks for the above post and this in particular ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
such a lot of kind support. Btw, could you, in effect, do anything in this direction?

Anyway, I wonder, whether :von: might avail himself of such offers. I don't think so. : :wink: : :( : ... but heaven knows ...
17.auflage

Prescott wrote: ...
Do you WANT to? We know you don't NEED to.

:roll:

That´s a very fine question in my opinion. Fantastic!!! :notworthy:
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Prescott

Being645 wrote:
Prescott wrote: ... But James is so right to feel the way he does, and so are the rest of us ...
I somewhat - but not in total - support what you've written before, however, count me
out of this ... I don't feel so. I'm sure, there are reasonable grounds for the situation as is.
Do you WANT to? We know you don't NEED to. :roll:

:D ... you're so nice, Prescott ... thanks for the above post and this in particular ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
such a lot of kind support. Btw, could you, in effect, do anything in this direction?

Anyway, I wonder, whether :von: might avail himself of such offers. I don't think so. : :wink: : :( : ... but heaven knows ...
I am an intelligent individual that has the time and energy. I am not independantly wealthy, yet there are many things that could be done that are not being done, because there is no product, unless one counts that mono soundboard recording of Susanne from the official site.

Susanne is an ace song, but because it sounds like a song directed at a specific female (even if it weren't) it doesn't make for a radio friendly single, and mono is a non-starter. Otherwise I would have sent a promo package containing Susanne to every radio station I could afford to in the continental USA a long time ago.

I also didn't know the legal ramifications at the time concerning Warner. Besides, this is something AE could do himself, if he wanted to.

I still think it's worth a shot, especially if you start with college and university radio stations. Yes, students still listen to those here in the States believe it or not.

Yet without a viable single, like Summer or Crash and Burn, I can't see it being worth the effort.

The b-side would have to be a couple of standard type mixes, like an extended DJ-friendly mix at a bpm that was electro/techno/d+b friendly for mixing and a radio edit.

This is all so doable.

On the other thread someone said that they don't think Warner would touch him with a ten-foot pole, well the feeling is probably mutual. Yet why re-release the three main albums if they thought there was no interest or money to be made?

I really do care. There are many bands and performers I care about this way. Yet the Sisters are in my top ten of most under-rated bands ever, and I think they can still go out with a bang, not a whimper. 8)
James Blast
Banned

your enthusiasm will keep me tuned Prescott, otherwise I'd be dust in the rear view
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh Prescott, thank you so very much for your elaborated ideas ... :kiss:

You really give me hope and make things visible to my imagination ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Especially, the idea of a single like Summer and/or Crash and Burn ...

oh yes, that's something I feel it could be done ... :D :D :D

I can almost hear it right now ... :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D ... great, you mention this ... :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

here's Cloud 149...
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Cloud 149, already back again ? ... :roll: :lol:

Anyway, in these extremely hot days, you're very welcome!!! ;D ;D ;D

Won't you rain down, please ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

It doesn't matter what we want.It doesn't matter that a lot of us would very happily accept a less than perfect product."As usual,mine is the only opinion that matters" Andrew will release a new album his way (whatever way that is) or not at all full stop
nowayjose

Prescott wrote: It is a damned idiot joke Andrew. Why can't he just be direct? The fun in being mysterious and opaque, obtuse and pretentious is long past.
He's being brutally honest and unambiguous in what he says... it's not an 'idiot joke', if you don't understand what he's saying, it's perhaps more of a problem with you rather than him.
Prescott

nowayjose wrote:
Prescott wrote: It is a damned idiot joke Andrew. Why can't he just be direct? The fun in being mysterious and opaque, obtuse and pretentious is long past.
He's being brutally honest and unambiguous in what he says... it's not an 'idiot joke', if you don't understand what he's saying, it's perhaps more of a problem with you rather than him.
I wouldn't call leaving a record news update that said they were working on an album for almost a decade on their website brutally honest. I wouldn't say that always pointing the finger at the record industry is very honest.

The question still stands:

Mr. Eldritch, do you want to release new Sisters material?