Just a question or two

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

I'm just wondering about a couple of things:-

1. How rare/limited is the Alice 7" with the white picture

2. What is this? My other copy is the normal black label

I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

Anyone??!!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I don't know how rare the white Alice is but it seems to sell for around £10 on ebay.

The other one I've no idea.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I don't know how rare the white Alice is but it seems to sell for around £10 on ebay.

The other one I've no idea.
I got my white Alice a couple of weeks ago for 4quid so i think i did well, but as for my This Corrosion, i can't find a reference for this green label anywhere. I'm sure i bought it at the time of its release from my local record shop but I've never seen this label on any other copy.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

The gap for a 'big punch' style hole in the label makes it look like it's from a run for duke-boxes to me.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
DOZMEISTER
Road Kill

I have got a 7" jukebox copy of This Corrosion (from my local pub back in the day) and the punched hole is far bigger, standard jukebox size which is about 1 1/2" dia. Labels black though and a paper pic. sleeve.
mh
Above the Chemist

It looks to me like a local pressing from some other country. I have, for example, loads of Banshees 7 inchers which are Irish pressings, and also have a different (generic record company) label, etc. Most likely nothing special, in other words.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

The 'Jukebox' theory had crossed my mind but the 'gap' is still quite thick, it would be hard to take the middle out without cracking the whole disc, (unless you have a fancy record hole punch type thingy of course). All the jukebox records I've seen, the middle is only held in at 3 or 4 small points so it can easily be 'pushed' out.

I know it's nothing great or anything, if it was we'd probably know what it is, but it is a bit of a puzzle for me
lachert
Overbomber

corrosion it's uk press, all i know :? knows as green plastic label.
long live rock'n'roll