Gift and the Ray/Vega demos

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

markfiend wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
Johnny M wrote:And even more of a delicate situation if AE didn't know they still existed ...
Which would make him... :?:
...quite cross I would imagine?
Yeh, and we all know what a tolerant character he is. Willing to forgive and forget. Never holding a grudge ...
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Right, I'm totally out of synch with this thread so I'm going to have a lie down ... :roll:

Stupid Brit
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
deadagain
Banned

Obviousman wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Obviousman wrote: Which would make him... :?:
...quite cross I would imagine?
No, really? :innocent:
I can imagine that, but I meant it more specific. In a way like 'chop off your head', 'sue you', 'track you down and kill you in a very sadistic way, he knows where you live anyway' or anything in that style, more or less ;D
:eek: :? But he was exhorting us all to vote liberal in the last election! perhaps he's calmed down in his dotage :lol:
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I got the Gift album today, thanks radiojamaica :notworthy: :notworthy:

Rain From Heaven has fast become one of my favourite Sister songs.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:2) they being very short and of bloody awful quality
Quiffy, I wouldn't give a f**k if they were 30 seconds and severely muffled, if it was a real demo of Torch, Bury Me Deep or Jihad (or This Corrosion for you traditionalists). :roll:

And Von hasn't tried to sue anyone for the massive amounts of bootlegging so far, so why start now? I doubt he wanted his version of Garden Of Delight, or Candle or Good Things to be put out since they're not officially released Sisters material, or the CNT demos of Body Electric and Adrenochrome, so a demo of This Corrosion would probably not spark his attention, short of wanting a copy for himself just to remind himself how s**t it may have been before becoming a brilliant song.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dark wrote:Quiffy, I wouldn't give a f**k if they were 30 seconds and severely muffled,
I think young Dark speaks for the majority here ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i wasnt saying i agreed with the sentiment, just that it could have been one of the reasons why it wasnt circulated originally. :?

only now that word of it has gotten around is anyone interested, and those select few that do have copies know they are sitting on something "special", if thats what you want to call it.

personally, listening to 18 seconds of james ray taking the p*ss out of von's lyrics, recorded on a cheap tape recorder through a muffled studio wall (which is what it will turn out to be, you watch!) doesnt really get my boat afloat... :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

what the Boss said
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
uncle sister
Road Kill

weird.. best tape I have ever had.. good quality and indeed only 1 full kopie in existance, which is the mastertape..
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:personally, listening to 18 seconds of james ray taking the p*ss out of von's lyrics, recorded on a cheap tape recorder through a muffled studio wall (which is what it will turn out to be, you watch!) doesnt really get my boat afloat... :roll:
Speak for yourself, boss man. :rol:
Dan
Overbomber

uncle sister wrote:weird.. best tape I have ever had.. good quality and indeed only 1 full kopie in existance, which is the mastertape..
Oh sling yer hook, nobody likes a show-off. :D :lol:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

uncle sister wrote:weird.. best tape I have ever had.. good quality and indeed only 1 full kopie in existance, which is the mastertape..

What exactly is on that tape?
uncle sister
Road Kill

6 demo versions, real rough, only doctor avalanche and bout half of the lyrics andrew singing 2, Ray singing 2, one they sing together (parts.) and the last is andrew with Mr.fox. first version is only 40seconds, seconds 60 secondsup to the last 2,5minutes.. they were still programming...
B-side are demos from 'mexico sundown blues'

knew u'd be pleased

Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it, incl. saxophone etc.. real nice, should find a way to get that on cd..
Dark
Underneath the Rock

uncle sister wrote:Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it, incl. saxophone etc.. real nice, should find a way to get that on cd..
I'd ask how you got these, but I'm not sure I want to know. :lol:

But if you get it onto CD, will there be any chance of it being at all distributed? :innocent:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Dark wrote:But if you get it onto CD, will there be any chance of it being at all distributed? :innocent:
I would not really mind too :innocent:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

uncle sister wrote:6 demo versions, real rough, only doctor avalanche and bout half of the lyrics andrew singing 2, Ray singing 2, one they sing together (parts.) and the last is andrew with Mr.fox. first version is only 40seconds, seconds 60 secondsup to the last 2,5minutes.. they were still programming...
B-side are demos from 'mexico sundown blues'

knew u'd be pleased

Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it, incl. saxophone etc.. real nice, should find a way to get that on cd..
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

I'll do a non Samaritan and pass by on the other side

Freaks weirdos and fetisfists!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dan
Overbomber

uncle sister wrote:Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it
"The finished version" ?
If it's the finished version does that mean it sounds the same as the released single?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Dan wrote:
uncle sister wrote:Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it
"The finished version" ?
If it's the finished version does that mean it sounds the same as the released single?
apparenly the single was a stripped-down version of the "finished" version hence "Giving Ground -RSV" ,or revised version.[source-official site]
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dan
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:apparenly the single was a stripped-down version of the "finished" version hence "Giving Ground -RSV" ,or revised version.[source-official site]
But the RSV version was the b-side.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Dan wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:apparenly the single was a stripped-down version of the "finished" version hence "Giving Ground -RSV" ,or revised version.[source-official site]
actually i got it wrong.there is no mention of a pre-stripped down version .
what it actually written is here about 15 questions down.

sorry :oops:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Dan wrote:
No, the RSV was the a-side. The AV (the instrumental b-side) was going to be Giving Ground but the Sisterhood changed it, the resulting song was the RSV, with lyrics.
dave-kompas
Road Kill

uncle sister wrote: Got an acetate here also with the finished giving ground version on it, incl. saxophone etc.. real nice, should find a way to get that on cd..
If you need a little help... :innocent:
uncle sister
Road Kill

na die website dan :-)
Dan
Overbomber

uncle sister wrote:na die website dan :-)
:?: