Portugal burned

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"One of the worst droughts in decades combined with high temperatures is making the job of firefighters in Portugal difficult and dangerous, as they battle dozens of fires burning in the country’s parched woodlands."
The view of Portugal at this moment is terrible... is a country with burn scars.
Only now the situation got controled,after 134,500 hectares (332,000 acres) burned so far.No to mention the number of dead people, animals, houses, far buldings.
The government continues to be a s**t resolving this huge problem that every year happens. And this year was even worst. They decided to ask for help to other countries after all got burned. Is f**king unbelieveble. The country thanks the great help that France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Netherlands. If it wasn't with their aircraft help this would be completely out of control.The combination of added aerial resources and a slight drop in temperature and wind made the overall situation of fighting the fires somewhat "better".
Many of this fires started with criminal hand. Sometimes i wonder if the inquisition way of punishing would not be a great idea. :roll:
I'm starting to feel ashame to live in this country. :cry:
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

Moonie! :kiss:

Bad news I'm sure. :|

And I won't mention Porto or Chelsea at all ... :innocent:

You've been missed. 8) :notworthy:
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:( It's sounded pretty horrific on the news.
Hope you've not been too badly affected yourself...

Makes me glad to live in country where it p!sses down with rain nonstop.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
moonchild

Johnny M wrote:Moonie! :kiss:

And I won't mention Porto or Chelsea at all ... :innocent:

You've been missed. 8) :notworthy:
Thanks for the kiss. :kiss:

I missed you all too.
and..... there is never bad news about Porto or Chelsea. We are the best teams in europe (Porto is greatest :innocent: )
moonchild

boudicca wrote::( It's sounded pretty horrific on the news.
Hope you've not been too badly affected yourself...
It was really horrible. Now it calmed down with the temperatures getting a 'lil down. But we passed many weeks breathing smoke and all the places were full of ashes brought by the wind. The only way that affect me was psychological.Is revolting to see the government doing nothing.
But one of the main causes for the fires started was the media. Most of the news were about fires. Showing the villages surronded and getting consumed by the flames. Showing the pain, the anger, the desperation of all the people. Is just masoquism and made some idiots that wanted to get their 15 minutes of fame putting fire in the woods.
There is now lots of stories about how the fires started. One is about an old lady that wanted to see her lil' village on the tv. And for sure she saw it, her village and 3/5 more getting burned with her house included.
But is no use to discuss this. Life continues.
dead stars

But one of the main causes for the fires started was the media.

Simplistic. Couldn't disagree more. And God knows it was debated to exhaustion.
~dead stars still burn~