Gift and the Ray/Vega demos

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

these 1" and 2" tape are multitrack tapes what they use in the studio record the various instruments then mix them down to make the final recording.

Id suggest whoever has them keep s them safe and away from dampness nas 80/90s tape was never of the highest quality and can go sticky and the music could be lost foreaver.

Matt
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Coronation street
Dark
Underneath the Rock

In that case, I think I'll abstain from the flexi if it's not really worth too much.

I have all the Gangwar songs that were available for download, and have Rev Rev Lowrider, but it'd still be nice to have the master tape.
I mean, one could ask why I'd bother buying those Russian flexis if I have the original songs in better quality. It's the fact that they have sentimental value, which makes it worth it.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

markfiend wrote:...one of my first posts on HL was trying to find out if it was worth much, and being offered a packet of crisps in exchange. :lol:
Yeah, but what flavour?
DEAD JOE
Road Kill

Having had prolonged conversations off line with Mr Ray, it would appear we can not come to a deal regarding the demos of him & Vega. So, the 24 & 16 track master tapes - each track has a seperate instrument/voice recorded on it - are for sale. They are all in top condition. I would like to off load the lot in one sale but I can split. Obviously some of them have a higher value such as Texas, which I have had confirmed contains Eldritch's production notes. My mailbox will be open to offers until midnight on Sunday. If no respectable offers come in then I'm BURNING THE LOT.
deadagain
Banned

DEAD JOE wrote: If no respectable offers come in then I'm BURNING THE LOT.
not much of a fan then huh?!
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
wayne
Road Kill

Assuming this is not just a big wind-up, and assuming
you really do have master tapes and not safety copies
why don't you just give JR his master tapes back ?

If you auction the tapes off its likely they're just
going to disappear into some sado collectors archive who
probably hasn't got the equipment to even play the tapes or
the knowledge the store them right.

By selling them you don't transfer any copyright with them
so the tapes can't be released by anybody else, you also
stop any better quality transfers of this material being made
for general release. Robbing the artist of cash and us of
more ear candy.

All because he won't hand over a demo tape to some sado
internet tape traders who think they have a god given right
to hear it.

Amazing.
DEAD JOE wrote:Having had prolonged conversations off line with Mr Ray, it would appear we can not come to a deal regarding the demos of him & Vega. So, the 24 & 16 track master tapes - each track has a seperate instrument/voice recorded on it - are for sale. They are all in top condition. I would like to off load the lot in one sale but I can split. Obviously some of them have a higher value such as Texas, which I have had confirmed contains Eldritch's production notes. My mailbox will be open to offers until midnight on Sunday. If no respectable offers come in then I'm BURNING THE LOT.
this ones called my girlfriends husband drives a tank
ruffers
Overbomber

DEAD JOE wrote:Having had prolonged conversations off line with Mr Ray, it would appear we can not come to a deal regarding the demos of him & Vega. So, the 24 & 16 track master tapes - each track has a seperate instrument/voice recorded on it - are for sale. They are all in top condition. I would like to off load the lot in one sale but I can split. Obviously some of them have a higher value such as Texas, which I have had confirmed contains Eldritch's production notes. My mailbox will be open to offers until midnight on Sunday. If no respectable offers come in then I'm BURNING THE LOT.
Seems a bit melodramatic, and what would be the point of that? You might as well give them away if you're not bothered about them, especially seeing as you found them anyway if I remember right from pages ago...
Chucking another log on
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I totally agree with Wayne.You've had a bit of fun and now the power seems to be going to your head.Give the man his tapes back.

Pat
canon docre
Overbomber

@applauds to Wayne.

I know how much it means for an artist to know his Master Tapes safe & sound at home.

I wouldnt call it "trading", but rather "blackmailing". :roll:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
hallucienate
Overbomber

The guy makes his entire back catalogue available for download and this is how he gets thanked. Classey. :roll:
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

I appreciate your comments regarding my masters, but to tell you the truth i really couldn't care what happens to them. I originally thought they were gone forever, lost, given or gambled away in the past. I have no inclination to play hide & seek with DJoe, it's not like they contain some 3rd generation chemical weapon. So I have told him he is free do what he likes with them - sell or burn.
I close my eyes, only for a moment, and the moment's gone
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

there you go,Joe -mr ray doesn't care and as they're of no/little use to anyone else the decent thing to do would be to return them anyway.as others have said,he has put his entire back catalogue up for free download (and very fine it is too, :notworthy: ) to the extreme pleasure of a lot of HLers -and definitely does not deserve to have people attempt to blackmail him over something which is morally his.
and don't forget this is one of the sisterhood -that makes him "family" surely?

if the ray/vega tapes are ever made available it will be in the spirit of being freely given.why jeopardise that by mindlessly destroying the masters?[/my two penn'orth]
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
scotty
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:there you go,Joe -mr ray doesn't care and as they're of no/little use to anyone else the decent thing to do would be to return them anyway.as others have said,he has put his entire back catalogue up for free download (and very fine it is too, :notworthy: ) to the extreme pleasure of a lot of HLers -and definitely does not deserve to have people attempt to blackmail him over something which is morally his.
and don't forget this is one of the sisterhood -that makes him "family" surely?

if the ray/vega tapes are ever made available it will be in the spirit of being freely given.why jeopardise that by mindlessly destroying the masters?[/my two penn'orth]
Like wot the whizzkid says.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
biggy

A friend of mine unearthed the orig copies of Salvation's merciful release recordings (never released). He told me I could have them but I passed them straight on to Salvation's manager Richard Hunter. Neither myself or my friend who found them asked for any money & we were quite happy for them to be returned to the band.

Holding someone's property to ransom isn't very nice. And to think, you lot think I'M a c**t.
allfear

Well Id gladly look after these tapes Mr Ray knows id take good care of them and Id get them all backed up onto a digital format as well for future referance, and Im sure Ian would do the same if they were offered to him.

Matthew
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I'd not be able to back them up. I'd certainly take care of them, or even send them to allfear for backing them up, but otherwise I just want them from the fan POV.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Give 'em him back. It's his work and he deserves better.

I just hope nobody is foolish enough to actually buy them off him.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Hom_Corleone wrote:Give 'em him back. It's his work and he deserves better.

yeah right. you just know they'll be off to either belgium or italy before you can say "arrivederci" :roll:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Silver_Owl
The Don

Quiff Boy wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Give 'em him back. It's his work and he deserves better.

yeah right. you just know they'll be off to either belgium or italy before you can say "arrivederci" :roll:
I know. Why can't everybody just love each other and be nice. They're all going to hell. :evil: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
taylor
Slight Overbomber

>yeah right. you just know they'll be off to either belgium or italy before you >can say "arrivederci"

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Lincoln's in Italy? Remind me to visit my brother in Milan. :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

taylor wrote:>yeah right. you just know they'll be off to either belgium or italy before you >can say "arrivederci"

:D :D :D :D :D :D
i don't think it was a compliment you know :roll:
Goths have feelings too
taylor
Slight Overbomber

I know of course, but it's the truth
only 2 people can buy them and I know both ;D
James Blast
Banned

... and the MR Trainspotting Cartel swings into action again, with predictable results...

Give the tapes back to the man who made them, if he wants to upload them to his (very generous) website, then he can. He hasn't stiffed us in the past, why would he start now?

Whatever happened to all the love in the world?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele