anyone heard the new fields album?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

heard it today. some fantastic soundscapes, but somehow monotonous both songwritingwise and soundwise. references to elizium and later works can be drawn quite easily. do i expect too much?
i am sure it will grow an me, but lets have a look. hey, it's a new album, and elizium is still among the best material ever done.
love is just a shot away
ruffers
Overbomber

I've heard it once and basically agree with that. Don't like some of the vocals, sounds like he's trying to sing in places as opposed to providing appropriate vocal accompaniment to the music, but apart from that not bad.

Have to disagree on Elizium though, The Nephilim wipes the floor with it.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Thea
Overbomber

I really like the new album. Then again i still think "Fallen" is the best FotN album...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

What the chuff is 'Fallen'? Never heard of it.

However groovy The Nephilim is, Elyzium is a killer of an album. Although being in the right mood, or on Planet Dave, certainly helps.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Thea
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:What the chuff is 'Fallen'? Never heard of it.
that'll be the last album of theirs that came out(2002? 2003?)... unfinished allegedly - I loved it to bits.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Unfinished, and yet you have a copy? How so? And would you like my address. Or you could deliver a copy in person. I'll make sure Ethan answers the door. :innocent: :wink: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Thea
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Unfinished, and yet you have a copy? How so? And would you like my address. Or you could deliver a copy in person. I'll make sure Ethan answers the door. :innocent: :wink: :notworthy:
I bought mine (BOUGHT! WITH MONEY!) from HMV in Sheff the day it came out - it's a proper album that can be purchased from shops that sell cds for buying, but the band got stroppy because they said it wasn't finished. should be easy enough to find via slsk/bittorrent/whatever - failing that I can send ya a copy, no problem!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Blimey, that one slipped past my radar. Must have been turned off.

I'll look for a copy. And if I fail, cheers for the offer. 8)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

d00mw0lf wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:What the chuff is 'Fallen'? Never heard of it.
that'll be the last album of theirs that came out(2002? 2003?)... unfinished allegedly - I loved it to bits.
Try Soulseek, I recently saw it there. 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Blimey, that one slipped past my radar. Must have been turned off.

Hell, even I'll do you a copy (with super-dooper live disc 2 taken from Forever Remain). Got Zoon? I find it just right for rocking young Jessica off to sleep :eek:
canon docre
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote: Got Zoon? I find it just right for rocking young Jessica off to sleep :eek:
Very nice Norman, but I prefer to sleep on Elizium. :wink:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
ruffers
Overbomber

What's Zoon?

I've got a feeling I missed some stuff here.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Zoon was McCoy's album as "The Nefilim"; a lot more metal(ish) than the Nephilim stuff.

As I understand it, Fallen was put together by Jungle Records from various half-finished session tapes, demos and whatnot that they had lying around. They released it once it became clear to them that McCoy wasn't going to record another proper album for them.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:Zoon was McCoy's album as "The Nefilim"; a lot more metal(ish) than the Nephilim stuff.

As I understand it, Fallen was put together by Jungle Records from various half-finished session tapes, demos and whatnot that they had lying around. They released it once it became clear to them that McCoy wasn't going to record another proper album for them.
The discography section of the Nephilim's website does not mention "Fallen" at all. :roll: :?:
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

That's because the Nephs don't recognise it as an album.

The band released a statement after it appeared distancing themselves from it and urging 'real fans' not to buy second rate material.

Is there any possibility that any of the lables TSOM have fallen out with might have a collection of off-cuts and demos they could churn out and delude the masses into believing Eldritch is still an active musical force?
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

andymackem wrote:That's because the Nephs don't recognise it as an album.

The band released a statement after it appeared distancing themselves from it and urging 'real fans' not to buy second rate material.
:notworthy: Thanks for the information.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

It's not all that bad, to be fair to it. Haven't listened to it for a while; quite enjoyed the remixes of Trees Come Down and Darkcell.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Blimey, that one slipped past my radar. Must have been turned off.

Hell, even I'll do you a copy (with super-dooper live disc 2 taken from Forever Remain). Got Zoon? I find it just right for rocking young Jessica off to sleep :eek:
:notworthy: :notworthy: PM on its way.

@ canon - note Mr Hunter's use of the word 'young'. :wink:

<runs in the opposite direction from Berlin VERY quickly>

<and then remembers he'll be 36 in five days time>
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

I must say that "hollow doll" and "from the fire" were really good, unfortunately not much else was good on "fallen" .

As for "zoon", which by the way means "animal" in greek, not my cup of tea, far too metal and noisy :roll:
hallucienate
Overbomber

does anyone know where the new album might be available? say as a torrent or something? :innocent: I doubt I'd ever buy it but it may be worth a listen.
ruffers
Overbomber

It's on soulseek.
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

ruffers wrote:It's on soulseek.
Currently waiting for it to start :notworthy:
Nazareth
Amphetamine Filth

I downloaded one of the songs 'New Gold Dawn' last week, i want to wait for the album release to hear the rest though. I really like New Gold Dawn!
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

d00mw0lf wrote:I bought mine (BOUGHT! WITH MONEY!) from HMV in Sheff the day it came out
I have a strictly limited edition of Fallen. the box is with black velvet and it has a bonus cd and also Photo cards 8)

You wanna be my friend??? ;D

Pls, say yes... :innocent:
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Er, I thought the new Fields disc was not released yet? Is the release date still November? Why the leakage on the net?