So... Got your Two Towers Tickets yet?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

Got mine this evening on the way home from work:
"7 tickets for the Wednesday, 9PM show, please"

I checked my tickets half and hour ago they said "9:30 am". :eek: :eek:

A quick sprint to the cinema and everything sorted out. Row E, in the centre. :grin: :grin:
Otto
Road Kill

Yup, I have reservated 4 tickets for Thursday the 19th.
Balcony, first row, très kewl.

greetings, Otto.

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

new LOTR trailer on the web:

http://www.theonering.net/movie/preview ... ot_01.html
On Dec 13th 2002, TV audiences in the USA were treated to this 30-second advertisement for Two Towers. It's both breathtaking and unrelenting. But watch out for the spoilers, because they're everywhere! This is amazing stuff. Take a look!
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DomConway
Filth

Me off to see the NZ premiere tonite :)
the only thing to fear is fear itself
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Got tix from my gf for my birthday this morning!

Wicked.

Speaking of birthdays - Quiffy, the "birthday popup" (if that's what it is) doesn't exist. What a let down :roll:
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
hallucienate
Overbomber

happy birthday Jim. It does work, it's now just at the bottom of the page.

LOTR tonight!! woooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!
zigeunerweisen
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Have read the books years and years ago (yes, even The Silmarillion and all the others), haven't seen the first movie, so i can't really coment on how bad (or good?) it was and i won't see this one either. I think i'll wait for next year and watch all three together, and THEN i'll complain about how they weren't truthfull to Tolkien's spirit and all that gibberish. And does anyone else think Sam Gangee was gay? I mean, all that fraternal love with Frodo... And just why the hell were Liv Tyler and Cate Blanchett casted as elves?
hallucienate
Overbomber

woooohoooo! another winner! :) great movie. I'm a bit tired though, only got in at 2:00 am, and had wake up at 7:00 am.

I don't think you should be too worried Zig, they are actually very good films and quite close to the books, except for all the love interest stuff, which is pretty lame.
rian
Slight Overbomber

Why do they allways put in a lot of love in films based on books without love?
I`m confused. :eek:
I think someone set my soul alight
Jim
Slight Overbomber

Er, money.

The kids love it.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
Andy TG
Overbomber

Went to the opening night - got a numb bum - (3 Hours!) - movie was excellent - apart for the bit about ..........................(please fill with inappropriate comments) - still prefer "first" on!
This Is Not Ordinary S & M
This Is M & S S & M
Ganith
Amphetamine Filth

Saw it today.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I liked the 1st one, really. After all, it's a movie, not the book, they need the love stuff, and all the battles...

Can't find excuses for this one.

Ganith
Human stupidity knows no limits.
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

well, i went to see it and thought it was rather good, ok, it wasn't as close to the books as the first one (I don't know why but the ents/ent moot pissed me off, ho hum), but as far as movies go, i thought it was pretty good. can't wait for LOTR rev. 3.0, then i'll be forced to buy the 12 cd box set of the whole bloody lot!!!
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
lachert
Overbomber

Poland is a 7th World. We will play Harry Potter first. I hate this little sonofabeach :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
The King

It was completely and utterly racist. Allegory for the invasion of western civilisation.
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

The King wrote:It was completely and utterly racist. Allegory for the invasion of western civilisation.
while i can see your point, i have read several of the letters and notes of jrr, as well as the book written by his son, and both claim it is neither to do with racism, nor fascism (as many people still believe).

just my pov...
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++