gift: who sings what?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
jherek
Road Kill

apologies in advance if this has been answered a million times before, but who sings what on 'gift?'
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

I believe Lucas Fox sings on Colours, Patricia Morrison sings on Jihad, and James Ray sings on the rest of them, but don't quote me on this.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

nick the stripper wrote:I believe Lucas Fox sings on Colours, Patricia Morrison sings on Jihad, and James Ray sings on the rest of them, but don't quote me on this.
That's what I think!
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think that Lucas Fox does the spoken word part on Finland Red Egypt White.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I did think James Ray did the vocals for Colours, Giving Ground and Rain From Heaven, but in the HL interview, I seem to recall him saying he didn't sing on Colours. :?

Mr Ray, have you an answer?
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

Heartland Interview with James Ray wrote:Q).re. "Colours" - what did you think of the Floodland version compared to the Gift version?
A) I prefer the Bunnymen's Colours.

Q) Were you narked that Von re-recorded the vocal or pleased when it wasn't as good as the original?
A) It's of no interest to me as I didn't do the vocals on the original
The vocals on Colours didn't sound anything like Alan Vega. The only option left is Lucas Fox.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

I wonder... maybe Alan Vega did "Finland"? It does sound a bit like him.
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

Dark wrote:I did think James Ray did the vocals for Colours, Giving Ground and Rain From Heaven, but in the HL interview, I seem to recall him saying he didn't sing on Colours. :?

Alan Vega didn't sing anything.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

JAMES RAY wrote:
Dark wrote:I did think James Ray did the vocals for Colours, Giving Ground and Rain From Heaven, but in the HL interview, I seem to recall him saying he didn't sing on Colours. :?

Alan Vega didn't sing anything.
please mr ray -for the sake of putting this question at least half-way to bed, could you tell us which tracks you did the vocal on (and if you're feeling festive enough perhaps the details of the other tracks?)
we know you're just teasing us -this is hardly a state secret..is it?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
aims
Overbomber

Of course it is. He wouldn't want to tell us the names of the tracks he's done on the new album now, would he? :lol:
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

JAMES RAY wrote:Alan Vega didn't sing anything.
What did Alan Vega do?...
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Keyboards, I'd imagine. He'd have had plenty of experience with Suicide (even though it was Martin Rev playing the electronics, I guess Vega must have learned a thing or two as well).
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: please mr ray -for the sake of putting this question at least half-way to bed, could you tell us which tracks you did the vocal on (and if you're feeling festive enough perhaps the details of the other tracks?)
It appears it has been and may remain that way. I thought you all liked the mystery that surrounds the 'House of Eldritch'. I could tell you that I wrote all the music and 'sang' most of the vocals whilst Andrew sat in the corner with the Times crossword, but that might be too much information and I might get into trouble.
RobF
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

He he he ;D
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

JAMES RAY wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: please mr ray -for the sake of putting this question at least half-way to bed, could you tell us which tracks you did the vocal on (and if you're feeling festive enough perhaps the details of the other tracks?)
It appears it has been and may remain that way. I thought you all liked the mystery that surrounds the 'House of Eldritch'. I could tell you that I wrote all the music and 'sang' most of the vocals whilst Andrew sat in the corner with the Times crossword, but that might be too much information and I might get into trouble.
:eek:
"as we walk on the floodland"
smiscandlon
Overbomber

JAMES RAY wrote:I could tell you that I wrote all the music and 'sang' most of the vocals whilst Andrew sat in the corner with the Times crossword, but that might be too much information and I might get into trouble.
I knew it! Lazy bastard.
анархия
Dark
Underneath the Rock

The Times!? Gah.. I had him down as a Guardian reader. :innocent:
scotty
Overbomber

I thought this would've been his chosen read :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

JAMES RAY wrote:
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: thank-you! until we hear anything more scandalous i'm happy to go with yours as being the most official, unofficial answer. :wink: :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

JAMES RAY wrote:I could tell you that I wrote all the music and 'sang' most of the vocals whilst Andrew sat in the corner with the Times crossword, but that might be too much information and I might get into trouble.
I can just picture it...

"James, I'm stuck on 15 Across... 4 letters, first one's L, 3rd one's Z, "not inclined to work or exert oneself".... :innocent: :lol: :von:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
JAMES RAY
4080 Peru

boudicca wrote:
I can just picture it...

"James, I'm stuck on 15 Across... 4 letters, first one's L, 3rd one's Z, "not inclined to work or exert oneself".... :innocent: :lol: :von:
As it's The Times cryptic the answer would be LIZT
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

beautiful. :lol:

god i hope thats true :lol: :notworthy: ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?