Reminiscences split from the James Ray thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
hallucienate
Overbomber

indeed. :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Your wish...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

thanks mark :lol: :oops:

btw: maplh's 1st post -

"do you remember... Tommy Redemer and the Redemptionets?"

you mean redemption :lol:

certainly do. my old band supported them at the star & garter once :oops: :urff:

sam from redemption is a member on here - called "sam donut"
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Catomeat
Road Kill

Fuckin ell it's all go on here innit? I can't believe anyone cares!

Hi Barry, 'new' flats lovely ta- how's yours? Must drop round sometime now we're neighbours. I've been a bit indisposed lately as my dad died just after I saw you the other week. Ideal time to turn back into a goth really, but I may give it a miss looking at the state of the birds these days...
Maisey
Slight Overbomber

Thread Necro!

I was looking up info on Isabelle's Shrine on google, and it led me straight here...

Eddie Cybercide mentions them to me every time he get's drunk so I thought I'd do a bit of a background check, if only to scare the pants off him next time round :wink:

What do we, the heartland collective mind, know about them? (Also interested in Redemption as it happens).
Nationalise the f**king lot.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Redemption :lol:

ok, a bit of history:

redemption were from manchester. my mate sam (aka 'sam donut' on HL) was the bass player. another friend (tom, aka 'zeff') was the singer

sam is now the bass player in a rockabilly/alt. country band called medicine bow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content ... ture.shtml

redemption were highly irreverent, quite amusing, and did a wicked cover of boney m's rasputin ;) :notworthy:

my old band's (graveyard dirt :lol: - don't ask!) first gig was supporting redemption at the star & garter, in manchester

(photos of our mob on stage here: http://bit.ly/1Sko )

isabelle's shrine were from leeds and were 3rd rate play dead sound-a-likes.

their singer was a guy called martin. he used to trek across the pennines some weekends to come to tehe banshee in manchester, which is where i met him

our band's 2nd (and last) gig was supporting isabelle's shrine upstairs at the banshee

they soundchecked every song in their set, twice. it took 2 and a half hours. b the time we were soundchecking people were already in & waiting

needless to say we sounded awful. couldnt hear a thing on stage :roll:

we played for 15 minutes then f**ked it off as a bad job. (all kudos to 'philthy phil' taylor from carbonize for dancing with his gas mask on for our entire set :lol: )

most of the people in there were our friends, so when we finished they all piled downstairs to the goff room with us for some decent tunes ;) :lol:

when martin & his band came on stage they quickly scared off the few remaining punters, prompting martin to make some snidey remark about us scaring them off...

mate, if it wasn't a gig on our home turf you wouldnt have gotten more than 12 people in there in the first place ;)

they rattled on to their WAGs for about 3 hours and then jacked it in themselves.

good lord.

rumour also has it we broke their hired PA... i dont think we were plugged into it long enough to do it any damage :o

anyways...

just wait until 'catomeat' sees this one :lol:
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Maisey wrote:Thread Necro!

I was looking up info on Isabelle's Shrine on google, and it led me straight here...

Eddie Cybercide mentions them to me every time he get's drunk so I thought I'd do a bit of a background check, if only to scare the pants off him next time round :wink:

What do we, the heartland collective mind, know about them? (Also interested in Redemption as it happens).
I know Eddie, he was in Voices of Masada for a while and we saw his old band The Rosary or Skeletal Prayers can't remeber which one they were called. They gave me a song for my compilation tape Dead By Dawn but they never specified which was the song name and which was the band name and i was pressed for time to finish the tape, so i never asked.

It was at a cracking gig in Canterbury at the Penny Theatre where they finished with a 'version' of Vision Thing. Sha la la la la it went, i think he forgot the words!

Redemption played my first goth night in Margate way back in 1992. Top guys and game for a laugh, they had to be what with all the crust punks in attendance that night. I've got some great pictures of the encounter somewhere. Saw them the night before in London as well, good band with some good tunes.

matt..
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Maisey wrote:Isabelle's Shrine
Mwahahahahahahaha!

I fondly remember one Isabelle's Shrine gig* where I kept shouting "Martin, Martin, show us your cock!"**

His witty put-down? "Shut up Mark you fat bastard" :lol:

(* A mate's band was supporting. God knows I wouldn't go to that gobsh!te's gigs voluntarily)

(** I was, of course, very very drunk.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Catomeat
Road Kill

Isabelle's Shrine? Good Lord I truly have forgotten more unforgivable tripe from that era than I ever realised I knew, but among all the unforgivable tripe that was around I recall their's being particularly inexcusable. Wasn't that Martin a total cock too, or am I making it up?

If you broke their PA Barry you were doing the world a favour. Hired or not it was one less for 'em to hire next time...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No, you're not making it up. Martin was a total cock. :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Quiff Boy wrote:Redemption :lol:

ok, a bit of history:

redemption were from manchester. my mate sam (aka 'sam donut' on HL) was the bass player. another friend (tom, aka 'zeff') was the singer

sam is now the bass player in a rockabilly/alt. country band called medicine bow

http://www.bbc.co.uk/manchester/content ... ture.shtml

redemption were highly irreverent, quite amusing, and did a wicked cover of boney m's rasputin ;) :notworthy:
thread necro again...

here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2RZdof0nM8

oh my... it all sounded so good back then :lol: :lol: :lol:
moses

The intro tape sounded good :lol:
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

moses wrote:The intro tape sounded good :lol:
innit :lol:
splintered thing

The You Tube comments mention the Count Orlock video emporium... Does anyone know if he is still around?? He sent me a number of tapes around 1990-1993. There were lots and LOTS of goth vids. Thank you for the memories!!!!
PS I still have the VHSs, should probably dig them out befpre they rot away :lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven