The Cult

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
pikkrong
Overbomber

moonchild wrote:
pikkrong wrote:The Cult - a good band but who goes to the USA just to see a band...? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
If i had enough money i would go... oooohh yesss i would go...
I need to see Cult again.... and again... and again... and again.... :cry:
my comment was a tricky one... :innocent:

2006 February 16 USA Las Vegas House Of Blues

2006 February 17 USA San Diego House Of Blues

2006 February 18 USA Phoenix Marquee Theatre

2006 February 20 USA Albuquerque Sunshine Theater

2006 February 21 USA Austin La Zona Rosa

2006 February 22 USA Dallas Gypsy Ballroom
do i drive
or am i driven
moonchild
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

pikkrong wrote:
moonchild wrote:
pikkrong wrote:The Cult - a good band but who goes to the USA just to see a band...? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
If i had enough money i would go... oooohh yesss i would go...
I need to see Cult again.... and again... and again... and again.... :cry:
my comment was a tricky one... :innocent:

2006 February 16 USA Las Vegas House Of Blues

2006 February 17 USA San Diego House Of Blues

2006 February 18 USA Phoenix Marquee Theatre

2006 February 20 USA Albuquerque Sunshine Theater

2006 February 21 USA Austin La Zona Rosa

2006 February 22 USA Dallas Gypsy Ballroom
:cry: :cry: :cry:
vicus

THE CULT WILL ANNOUNCE A FEW MORE CANADIAN DATES THIS WEEK! LOOK FOR THE BAND TO PLAY SPAIN AND PORTUGAL IN THE FIRST WEEK OF JUNE. THE BAND WILL JET BACK TO CALIFORNIA TO HEADLINE THE 91X FEST IN SAN DIEGO ON JUNE 10TH. EXPECT THE BAND TO HIT EUROPE FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD THIS SUMMER.
STAY TUNED TO THECULT.US FOR BREAKING NEWS, AS MORE DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED, INCLUDING A FULL U.K. TOUR EARLY FALL '06.
http://www.thecult.us

(sorry for all those capital letters)
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
wild bill buttock

A Goth band that denies being goth("We were always a rock band at heart"),turns all heavy metal,sacks most of the band on several occasions,lead singer a complete egotistical arse.All sounds a bit familiar to me.
I used to so love The Cult(Southern death cult,Deathcult),then came "Electric" and Duffy's wrestler haircut.Bye.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
hellboy69

Gotta love The Cult ~ saw them on the Electric tour and nearly died of a joygasm when they played "Phoenix"...

Many years later, they were better than ever for the "Beyond Good And Evil" show at Brixton Academy ~ cracking comeback album that was too!

I'll see you at the bar for the "Fall" 06 UK shows ;-)

"it's ok ~ no-one is watching anymore. you have permission to rock again" (Ian Astbury) :notworthy:
scotty
Overbomber

The Cult are the Dugs Bawz..............here endeth the lesson.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
James Blast
Banned

I can take them or leave them
file under : Greatest Hits
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

just for the hell of it

two The Cult dates onsale for the Netherlands...

Amsterdam paradiso 26 June 2006
Tilburg 013 27 June 2006

more to follow no doubt :innocent:
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

wow, just waiting for those UK dates :)
"f**k me and marry me young"
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

From Goth Anthems to CockRock with a sense of humour (I hope they have retained that as it was pretty much non-existant towards the end)-always liked The Cult-that massive box set thingy they released was bl00dy good
:notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
lazrs3
Road Kill

I liked the last album, Good cheese rock basically.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Gotta love The Cult. Their albums were always a bit hit & miss but they put out some stunning singles IMHO.
The Scene won't save you...
Andie
Overbomber

Three dates for the Cult on sale in Espanol

03/06/2006 Benidorm
04/06/2006 Madrid
05/06/2006 Barcelona

ticket info here in english
Andie
Overbomber

two more dates on sale in Denmark

23 June 2006 Copenhagen info
24 June 2006 Ã…rhus info
wild bill buttock

Scardwel wrote:Gotta love The Cult. Their albums were always a bit hit & miss but they put out some stunning singles IMHO.
"Dreamtime" and "Love" Hit & miss?f**king classics mate,nothing more nothing less :notworthy: .Everything else after that;cockrock cak.
Live-ace up till the elecric tour,after that cockrock crap with added audience insulting thrown in;"You're American brothers and sisters love the cult more than you ever could"( Mr Astbury,Birmingham Odeon 1987) :evil: .Thanks Ian I'd spent 3 years of my life dressed as a red Indian and nearly freezing to death travelling up and down the country on a motorbike to see Cult shows.Good job that nice Mr Elrditch had put out a cracking album the same year,he'll never go all heavy rock and start calling his fans wankers or anything like that. :innocent:
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
hellboy69

wild bill buttock wrote:
Scardwel wrote:Gotta love The Cult. Their albums were always a bit hit & miss but they put out some stunning singles IMHO.
"Dreamtime" and "Love" Hit & miss?f**king classics mate,nothing more nothing less :notworthy: .Everything else after that;cockrock cak.
Live-ace up till the elecric tour,after that cockrock crap with added audience insulting thrown in;"You're American brothers and sisters love the cult more than you ever could"( Mr Astbury,Birmingham Odeon 1987) :evil: .Thanks Ian I'd spent 3 years of my life dressed as a red Indian and nearly freezing to death travelling up and down the country on a motorbike to see Cult shows.Good job that nice Mr Elrditch had put out a cracking album the same year,he'll never go all heavy rock and start calling his fans wankers or anything like that. :innocent:
LMAO! :notworthy:
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dreamtime and Love are classics. I like the other stuff but those album's are more my cup of tea.
Last edited by Jaimie1980 on 24 Apr 2006, 18:08, edited 2 times in total.
Andie
Overbomber

Love is one of my top ten all time greats...can't fault it for the shear brilliance of it

Peace (the original album that became Electric) is very much the bridge between the two...and a must listen before the cock rock tag is bandied around
canon docre
Overbomber

wild bill buttock wrote: Thanks Ian I'd spent 3 years of my life dressed as a red Indian and nearly freezing to death travelling up and down the country on a motorbike to see Cult shows.Good job that nice Mr Elrditch had put out a cracking album the same year,he'll never go all heavy rock and start calling his fans wankers or anything like that. :innocent:
... and what a relief it must have been to discard those silly feathers, wasn't it? :lol:
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
cultchild
Road Kill

the cult are truly an amazing band live, having seen them about 30 times in various cities around toronto i can't wait to see them in toronto on may 26/06 (really wish they had played a small place) at the molson amphitheatre which holds 16,000 people. i can't believe i'm going to see them and the sisters in the same year! the more things change the more they stay the same.
THE LIGHTS ARE DOING SOME STRANGE THINGS TO MY HEAD
pumpgoddess
Road Kill

I was lucky enough to catch them both in Chicago. Two totally different experiences but both were fantastic. Though I think the Cult has more of a future, mainly because they have new management and might want to do more beyond this tour.

Debby
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The Cult

Friday 22nd September 2006: Carling Academy, Brixton
Tuesday 26th September 2006: Carling Academy, Glasgow

(Tickets on General Sale from Friday 28th April @ 9am)
Tickets available online @ Ticketweb
The Scene won't save you...
scotty
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:The Cult

Friday 22nd September 2006: Carling Academy, Brixton
Tuesday 26th September 2006: Carling Academy, Glasgow

(Tickets on General Sale from Friday 28th April @ 9am)
Tickets available online @ Ticketweb
I belive the term is....

YA DANCER!!!!

Image Image
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
culprit

Saw them alot 1985-88 sort of era, loved their stuff and still play it: Death Cult/Gods Zoo, Dreamtime, Love, etc.

I'd love to see them now just to compare, and from the above they can still kick it!!
...mmmmmmmmmMMMMMM!....
metalorange
Road Kill

Always loved The Cult. It's relatively simple rock n' roll, but they've done some cool tunes over the years. One of the few bands where I've liked every album, I enjoy their changes in direction, even if they don't - I really liked Ceremony, then at a gig they were basically saying it was crap and not the album they wanted to do at all!

Seen them now and then, last time was, I suppose, 95-ish after that (underrated) album with the ram on the front. You know what you're going to get with The Cult in concert, good value I reckon. If they come to the UK I'll try and get to see them.