Drugs advice,,no, not for me..

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Would appreciate some input from the "experienced" amongst us -
trying to assist a friend, her 16 year old has just come home after a weekend away and kicked in her bedroom door (to tatters) in frustration..after an apparently chilled out weekend...

What kind of drug would cause such a high, followed by an aggressive fit like that?
Last edited by Zuma on 22 Feb 2006, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
scotty
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:Would appreciate some input from the "experienced" amongst us -
trying to assist our neighbour, her 16 year old has just come home after a weekend away and kicked in her bedroom door (to tatters) in frustration..after an apparently chilled out weekend...

What kind of drug would cause such a high, followed by an aggressive fit like that?
Hormones :urff: , well she is 16.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

Maybe they had such a great time away from home that they're unhappy to be back?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

It is a bit more than hormones...
James Blast
Banned

maybe it ain't drugs, something bad might have happened?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
trying to assist our neighbour, her 16 year old has just come home after a weekend away and kicked in her bedroom door (to tatters) in frustration..after an apparently chilled out weekend...

That wasn't meant to be a flippant remark Dave, at 16 I would loose the plot with my Parents and have smashed up my bedroom aswell, it's maybe not drugs but another problem :urff: , just a thought.

Keith
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:
scotty wrote:

That wasn't meant to be a flippant remark Dave, at 16 I would loose the plot with my Parents and have smashed up my bedroom aswell, it's maybe not drugs but another problem :urff: , just a thought.

Keith
Aye, fair comment Keith
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

It doesn't sound like drugs to me.

I go through phases of deep depression. One day something bad happened to me - which I don’t want to go into on an open forum - and when I came home I had so many emotions that swelled up inside me and I ended up expressing them ‘non-verbally’ in the kitchen.

Sounds more to me like something bad happened to her than drug use, and that was her way of responding to it. She could be depressed and keeping it from her parents, I know I did for a very long time.

I really can't think of a drug that would do that, but then I don't know much about drugs and the majority of what I know comes from erowid and William Burroughs...
canon docre
Overbomber

crack makes very aggressive. Not that I know from personal experience, that's just what they say....

...or the stuff Gottdämmerung usually takes....
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

all uppers can lead to post-"high" aggression. it's just a different way of the individual interpreting/reacting to the serotonin depletion. or maybe it was triggered by her distorted reaction to something she experienced whilst on an otherwise innoccuous drug?
give her a fat skunk spliff and tell her to chill out. :wink:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

canon docre wrote:crack makes very aggressive. Not that I know from personal experience, that's just what they say....

...or the stuff Gottdämmerung usually takes....

What Ketamine?

Never heard it making one become frustrated..

I think hormones could be the reason, or something addictive such as crack or smack but withdrawals from those would offer other physical symptons... (I think, don't do them... :P )
You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Karst
Slight Overbomber

MDMA?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I vote with the "it's not drugs, it's being a teenager" possibility, having myself kicked f*ck out of a fair few bedroom doors at that age.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

drugs advice.. send me some.. :-D
although i suppose i'd better not
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

nick the stripper wrote:It doesn't sound like drugs to me.

I go through phases of deep depression. One day something bad happened to me - which I don’t want to go into on an open forum - and when I came home I had so many emotions that swelled up inside me and I ended up expressing them ‘non-verbally’ in the kitchen.

Sounds more to me like something bad happened to her than drug use, and that was her way of responding to it. She could be depressed and keeping it from her parents, I know I did for a very long time.

I really can't think of a drug that would do that, but then I don't know much about drugs and the majority of what I know comes from erowid and William Burroughs...
I would agree with this. Probably frustration, drugs might or might not be a factor.
aims
Overbomber

Having never done drugs, but having done such things, I'd go with the moody teenager explanation, be it hormones or circumstance...
Al
Road Kill

It's hard to tell in a one off situation. Could be anything from a boy rejecting her to her tea being cold. Or a bad case of PMT.

If she was making more of a habit of the random outbursts then it may be more worrying.

WTF was the door made out of? Teenage Kicks indeed. :innocent:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

anyway -if she's sixteen what's she doing still living at home? :roll:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Every day I ask myself that question.
Cat
Road Kill

She's fooling around with drugs for sure (who hasn't) but which ones we're not too sure or even how much. The door was fairly flimsy but this is not her natural behaviour (although she can is quite tempermental around that female time :oops: ).

Things seem to have quitened down so hopefully it was only a blip.

Thanks all for your comments and thoughts.
Looking for Mookies
James Blast
Banned

Cat wrote:quite tempermental around that female time.
you silly girls and that time of yours :lol:

I dunno.... :D

I'm belly-up in the water, ain't I Cat? :oops:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Cat
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
Cat wrote:quite tempermental around that female time.
you silly girls and that time of yours :lol:

I dunno.... :D

I'm belly-up in the water, ain't I Cat? :oops:
Not at all - its never bothered me that much but maybe I'm one of the lucky ones :!:

Dave might disagree of course :lol:
Looking for Mookies
Killer_Jokes
Road Kill

ephedrine and ethanol gives very easy triggered irritation & aggression, even e alone gives a easy bad mood I've noticed. though I'm a very peaceful person. and ethanol too. yeah. fery common drugs.