April 2 -- Thessaloniki -- Principal Theater

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
amph_logic
Road Kill

My dear friend, according to your profile, you were 10 years old
when the original Sisters broke up. :twisted:

Debating for opinions is a subject that has no place in this forum.
I dont know where u come from or how many times the group
played in your country and of course I surely dont know
your music background.

I was there when they released everything ON TIME!
Almost from day one!

So spare me the BS about my overall SOM opinion and debates.
Its a public place and negative opinions MUST be heard too.

Alexis, Body Electric was NOT played (among with lots of other masterpieces)
Makari na to paizan, gamwto!
Berthold
Road Kill

Let me start by saying that the only really disappointing thing about the gig was its duration. It was too short. Then there was the merchandising, or actually the lack of it... Other than that, the show was great IMOA.

As far as the set list goes... All of us have our own favourite list of songs by the Siters, and I bet each of us would chose a different set list for the tour. Instead of complaining we can simply go and watch an artist we love, perform.

Now if you did not like what you saw and heard I suggest you go and watch Madona when she comes to town...

By the way is there anybody who did not enjoy I Was Wrong?

It could be a bit louder also...
digital ink
Road Kill

Hi, first post here.

I've been reading the posts about Thessaloniki's gig and i thought about joining, since i was in there too.

The fact is that they played mostly to satisfy the newbies.
This might sound harsh, but it could be true (no opinion is 100% objective)

Nice gig, strong sound, great atmosphere, but no "originality"...

Their new_ish sound tends to be more metallic, because obviously that's the new-goth trend nowadays. This might sound great for youngsters, but it gets annoying for (us) old-farts.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why i stopped following the band's progress for the last decade.

I guess me among others expected to see a revival of the old, but i guess this is not quite likely to happen.

Mr E, definately needs funds for his "retirement", so he needs to follow trends in order not to be left alone.

btw, who cares about devoted CUSTOMERS? (aka old devoted fans loaded with everything related to the band)

New ones will bring the ca$h...

Sorry for the bashing, but that's what i got from the whole thing.
Badlander
Overbomber

amph_logic wrote:My dear friend, according to your profile, you were 10 years old when the original Sisters broke up. :twisted:
This argument is weak. Very weak. :urff:

BTW the 85 line up were not the "original" Sisters. :innocent:
digital ink wrote:Sorry for the bashing, but that's what i got from the whole thing.
You seem to take a surprising shortcut to conclusion. :eek:
The money issue has been discussed time and time again on this forum. :innocent:
Still, welcome to HL. :von:
Welcome to Berthold too. :D
Last edited by Badlander on 04 Apr 2006, 12:33, edited 3 times in total.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Haha! Lovely. And i thought this sort of idiocy would stop when they hit Europe... whatever has happened to Greece in the last 2500 years? Goodness gracious.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
digital ink
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:Haha! Lovely. And i thought this sort of idiocy would stop when they hit Europe... whatever has happened to Greece in the last 2500 years? Goodness gracious.
you're getting off topic, boy...

let's not start this. You don't want to.....

behave! :evil:

edit: btw, whatever the f**k has EVER happend "under the rainbow", where you come from?....
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i think the Sisters performing in Greece is the perfect time to talk about what has happened politically and philosophically to Greece. i mean, last time i checked, which was a bit less than 500bc, Sokrates was walking around and Plato was writing insightful stuff, and now that i take another look, instead of them i see you and your friend...i'm not saying anything is wrong now, or worse than before, that's not up to me to judge, but i do wonder what has brought up this radical change in such a small amount of time. In an eye-blink. Whether or not it's a change i, or the Sisters, or anyone else for that matter, should pander to, is another topic entirely.

What's EVER happened under the rainbow? Not as much! as in Greece, i can tell you that!
digital ink
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
digital ink wrote:Sorry for the bashing, but that's what i got from the whole thing.
You seem to take a surprising shortcut to conclusion. :eek:
The money issue has been discussed time and time again on this forum. :innocent:
Still, welcome to HL. :von:
Yes, it might look like a "surprising shortcut to conclusion", but i guess i don't need to see more in order to make my mind up.

Ok, i'm new here as i said. But although it might have been discussed, it's still an issue which none can deny, right?

Anyway, the sisters will remain on my mind the way they were many years ago, 'cause that's what i like about them.
amph_logic
Road Kill

digital ink it was about time someone to deffend my point of view!
Many thanks I agree with you all the way filaraki!

itnAklipse tell us please your pioneer country so anyone can judge
and compare. Im sure this comparisson of length is NOT the topic here.
Leave Hellas or Thessaloniki out of it, non of your business.

Its quite obvious that you are the 2nd (or 3rd) wave Sisters fan, and its OK,
knock yourself out and let us old guard do our judgment.
Badlander
Overbomber

digital ink wrote: Yes, it might look like a "surprising shortcut to conclusion", but i guess i don't need to see more in order to make my mind up.

Ok, i'm new here as i said. But although it might have been discussed, it's still an issue which none can deny, right?
Please do your homework. There are lots of counter arguments, so just make a quick search before you start a debate all over again. It's just such a waste of time. :roll: 8)
amph_logic wrote: Its quite obvious that you are the 2nd (or 3rd) wave Sisters fan, and its OK, knock yourself out and let us old guard do our judgment.
May I suggest you give Dominion a try ? Maybe you'll find it more suited to your taste. :roll:
Old gard... :urff:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i have no country and you are no one at all to tell me what is my business and what again isn't, not by virtue of conventions or populist misguidances. As far as i'm concerned this conversation is finished, futile and boring.

You don't get it, you never have got it, and i'm sad to say, by the looks of it, you never will get it (the last part requires some deductions and inductions and thus may prove to be false in the long term, however for now i'm satisfied with the conclusions said methods provide, and in all likelihood will remain satisfied for the rest of my sentence).

The saddest part of it all is, that your kind don't even know what 'it' is that one should 'get'.
digital ink
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:i think the Sisters performing in Greece is the perfect time to talk about what has happened politically and philosophically to Greece. i mean, last time i checked, which was a bit less than 500bc, Sokrates was walking around and Plato was writing insightful stuff, and now that i take another look, instead of them i see you and your friend...i'm not saying anything is wrong now, or worse than before, that's not up to me to judge, but i do wonder what has brought up this radical change in such a small amount of time. In an eye-blink. Whether or not it's a change i, or the Sisters, or anyone else for that matter, should pander to, is another topic entirely.

What's EVER happened under the rainbow? Not as much! as in Greece, i can tell you that!
I don't think that a band visiting Greece has even remotely anything to do with what has happened here for the last 2500 years.

Btw, that's a super-complexic argument, which seems to come up whenever an anti-Greek's ass is "against the wall" in a debate...

get original, maaaaaaan! ;)

You (and i) are way too insignificant to judge such things.
I told you; let's not get into this... :evil:
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Badlander wrote:Maybe you'll find it more suited to your taste.
He may even find a prospective girlfriend from there... ;D
amph_logic
Road Kill

Berthold wrote:As far as the set list goes... All of us have our own favourite list of songs by the Siters, and I bet each of us would chose a different set list for the tour. Instead of complaining we can simply go and watch an artist we love, perform.

Now if you did not like what you saw and heard I suggest you go and watch Madona when she comes to town...
I agree about the individual playlist and I almost cried watching Andrew
onstage. I was wrong was cool!
@ least Madonna should play like a virgin!

And, hey itnAk, I heard Mettalica are playing under the rainbow, hurry!
digital ink
Road Kill

"Badlander">>
Please do your homework. There are lots of counter arguments, so just make a quick search before you start a debate all over again. It's just such a waste of time. :roll: 8)

I don't think i need to do any homework and i don't intent to start any debate. I just state my (biased as everyone's) opinion which pissed off some and made others smile....
That's what usually happens in forums...

btw, this whole thing is a waste of time. Obviously, everyone is trying to insult everyone and play genius.

The other guy thought about insulting my country in order to consolidate his(her) arguments....

:urff: :urff: :urff: ......
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

digital ink wrote:I don't think that a band visiting Greece has even remotely anything to do with what has happened here for the last 2500 years.
The Sisters do have something to do with that topic, as it's not just another band.
Btw, that's a super-complexic argument, which seems to come up whenever an anti-Greek's ass is "against the wall" in a debate...
i have no idea what you mean here...

(But if i took a wild guess i'd reply something in the vein of i didn't feel my ass against the wall, but rather thought a more serious take on the matter would serve no purpose at all...after all, you're not interested in anything else but getting people to agree that Von should do your bidding or he's a money-grabbing whore...so what is the point of arguing with you seriously when you are so close-minded you don't even care to let other people grow in a direction that doesn't serve your obsession-pampering ends?)
...but i'll promise i'll never let originality get in the way of content/making a point. That is, perceived originality usually thrives where there's least substance. Originality is someone else's concern, God is mine.
In some way we must be in complete agreement here, because i'd agree you are entirely free to judge your own significance or lack thereof by the criteria of your own choosing. But i'm afraid that's where our common ground ends, because i don't see the virtue in you telling me that you are also the judge of my significance by the criteria of your own choosing.

PS: amph logic: You have NO IDEA what or who is playing under my particular rainbow.
amph_logic
Road Kill

Oh itnAk you re a poet I guess!
I almost cried with your lecture!

Its true my English is poor to answer to you properly.
Its better to stay in your cocoon and eat every crap anybody offers you
digital ink
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:
i have no idea what you mean here...
as far as i can see from your reply, yes, you have NO idea....

Originality is someone else's concern, God is mine.
woww! :notworthy:
In some way we must be in complete agreement here, because i'd agree you are entirely free to judge your own significance or lack thereof by the criteria of your own choosing. But i'm afraid that's where our common ground ends, because i don't see the virtue in you telling me that you are also the judge of my significance by the criteria of your own choosing.
....you "talk" too much, don't you think? ;D

Let's get some things clear once and for all with you:

I like the Sisters the way they were in the past, so i was kinda dissapointed because i heard rumours about them playing old stuff (ok, that was naive, i admit).

Yes, i think they are out (mostly) for the money, as every old "hero" is nowadays.

I considered your post about my country an insult. :evil: :evil:
We all came here to state our opinions and you thought about insulting my country and our History in order to consolidate your arguments.
How pathetic!....

You totally have NO idea who i am and what you wrote about me is BS. I just don't have the need to explain every detail like you do.
It gets really boring....

I wasted quite a lot of my time dealing with you....

ENOUGH!!!! :!:

edit:

btw, about common grounds and stuff...

there is No common ground. It's the so called "generation gap"...

Once you grow up some day you'll understand. And i guess you'll eventually learn to gabble less...

see you in 20 years :kiss:
Last edited by digital ink on 04 Apr 2006, 14:03, edited 1 time in total.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

digital ink wrote:woww! :notworthy:
Ok, my apologies to everyone for my lack of self-restrained and i will say this now for once and for all: you are a f**king nitwit.

And promise to not return to this discussion again.

Sincerely,
dei
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

amph_logic wrote:Oh itnAk you re a poet I guess!
I almost cried with your lecture!

Its true my English is poor to answer to you properly.
Its better to stay in your cocoon and eat every crap anybody offers you

that last sentence contains more metaphysics than you can shake a stick at

you too are a poet my friend :notworthy: :notworthy:

* edit* digital ink is also most welcome in my house :notworthy: :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
digital ink
Road Kill

itnAklipse wrote:
And promise to not return to this discussion again.

Sincerely,
dei
Ok, F**K OFF now... ;D
69me
Road Kill

itnAklipse, why not stop now, instead of s**t your pants any further?
Go and read some philosophy and don't just use it as jewelry. (Judging from your pompeus and misplaced language I don't think you have.)

Greece is one of the youngest states of Europe by the way, I wouldn't really expect Socrates in the audience. (Oh, yes I know you didn't mean it literary)

(Sorry for the harsh first post, i lurked here now and then for a long time, but couldn't resist to answer this bollocks)
amph_logic
Road Kill

OH PLEASE itnAk DONT GIVE UP!

We all are interested in newest SOM fans opinions!
Besides democracy was actually born in Greece, remember?

come on
We are all Von's pupils!
69me
Road Kill

ON topic, I don't know why anyone would expect all the old goff tunes in 2006, but that's their problem. Anyway, with no record and hardly any "new" tunes (as the larger public knows of anyway) it's no surprise many in the audience wil be in for some nostalgia, of this or that period. If anyone's coming to hear Romeo Down, ok..

I think some of the "new" songs are great and my personal faves are FALAA/Floodland/Vision Thing stuff, much of it is played.

To expect the sisters be treated as a band who evolves as a "normal" active band, might be too much when their creative peeks SEEMS to have been achieved many years ago

my two cents for now..
lachert
Overbomber

don't remember when i seen such a attitude :innocent:
long live rock'n'roll