Mish - Anthology 2CD

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Released early March:

Disc 1

1. Serpent's Kiss
2. Garden Of Delight (Extended Version)
3. Like A Hurricane
4. Crystal Ocean (First Time on CD)
5. Shelter From The Storm (Janice Long BBC Session)
6. Stay With Me
7. Blood Brother (Live At Astoria 1988) (Previously Unreleased)
8. And The Dance Goes On.....
9. Wasteland (First Time on CD)
10. Severina
11. Tomorrow Never Knows (Amphetamix) (First Time on CD)
12. Beyond The Pale
13. Kingdom Come (Janice Long BBC Session)
14. Tower Of Strength (Bombay Edit Mix)
15. For Ever More

Disc 2

1. Amelia (Live)
2. Into The Blue (First Time on CD)
3. Butterfly On A Wheel
4. Deliverance (Sorcerer's Mix) (First Time on CD)
5. Belief (Mike Fraser version) (Previously Unreleased)
6. Grapes of Wrath (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
7. Hands Across The Ocean (Tim Palmer version) (Previously Unreleased)
8. Diamond Cuts Diamond (Demo) (Previously Unreleased)
9. Bird Of Passage
10. Metal Guru
11. Never Again
12. Shades Of Green (Utah Saints 7" remix)
13. Trail Of Scarlet (Sitar Mix)
14. Like A Child Again
15. Afterglow (Full Length Olympic Mix)

The m*****n: Wave Upon The Sand / Crusade DVD released late March.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Wasn't Crystal Ocean on the 1st Chapter cd?

If you are going to release something called 'Anthology', it really has to be a boxed set, like the Cult one a few years ago.

The rare & the remixed, would be a more realistic title for this one.
Give me one good reason
Ed Rhombus
Slight Overbomber

Looks good
Ed Rhombus

There for you (weather permiting)

www.rhombus-rock.com
https://www.facebook.com/rhombus.uk
scotty
Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:Wasn't Crystal Ocean on the 1st Chapter cd?
Correct.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Spiggy's hat wrote:The rare & the remixed, would be a more realistic title for this one.
How about "The cash in compilation"?
scotty
Overbomber

Pat wrote:
Spiggy's hat wrote:The rare & the remixed, would be a more realistic title for this one.
How about "The cash in compilation"?
That's been done Pat :innocent: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

:notworthy:
hallucienate
Overbomber

The cost of living in Brazil can't be thaaaat high?
Spiggy's hat

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Wayne for releasing this. I'm sure it will be well recieved by the fan base.
It's just by dropping a few demos in there, the hardcore fans/collectors will immediately think 'Where can we get the other demos from these session from'?

I think a band like the mish (or The Sisters) with a fanatical/completist following, could definately shift a real anthology box set, in numbers.
Give me one good reason
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Sourpuss.

It's not actually Wayne's idea - but Universal. See, having an amicable relationship with your former record company helps. I believe he wanted to do more with both the releases (include a recent interview on the DVD for example) but that was shot down.

Most collectors will have a good few of the demos that are floating around. However, to remaster everything and box it up will be a very expensive outing for any record company and I'd say the Mish wouldn't shift more then a 100 sets if they would be around the £50 mark (that price is based around the 5 albums on Univarsal going at a tenner each remastered with stuff added).

By comparsion, Tears for Fears who are also with Phonogram had their three albums remastered with extra's added. However, they were not boxed. They also had a similar raft of 'Greatest Hits' repacking derived from that. They also did a DVD which was initally set up as a mid-price straight transder and only repackaged later after the 'Mad World' Donnie Darko hit and promoted to a sound+vision set.

Siouxsie & the Banshees have suffered a similar fate - only the Cure seem to be different in their remastering in the 2cd sets and a b-side collection box. But then again, they are Friction - not really Universal. WEA seem to have a very different attitude towards their backcatalogue. Look at the E/W website and honestly don't think the SIsters would fit in there anymore - even if they stayed with them:

http://www.eastwestrock.com/EastWestHome.htm

To Universal, I suspect it is a contract issue. By renewing some aspects of the backcatalogue they revive some of their rights I suspect. AAE got a similar treatment and that sort of raised my suspicions a bit. Not to say that it is good to see and to see a release on the 20th anniversary of the founding of the band I think it is a good thing. But to argue that it is all part of Wayne's secret plan is really sort of far fetched.
adrenachrome
Road Kill

I think Crystal Ocean on the First Chapter album release was the extended version.

Maybe this is a different version, hence why it is the first time on CD.
Badlander
Overbomber

adrenachrome wrote:I think Crystal Ocean on the First Chapter album release was the extended version.

Maybe this is a different version, hence why it is the first time on CD.
You got it. 8)
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
doc P

so @ Karst or whoever is in possesion - is that compilation worth listening to, or do the songs not really differ from the well known material? :?:
Es ist grausam.
Dafür hat es aufgehört zu regnen.
James Blast
Banned

Karst wrote: 9. Wasteland (First Time on CD)
sure? :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Badlander
Overbomber

Karst wrote: 2. Into The Blue (First Time on CD)
Herr Blast is right : this track list is apparently full of crap.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

James Blast wrote:
Might be a different mix.

Glad to see Serpent's Kiss on that. :D
James Blast
Banned

Dark wrote:
James Blast wrote:
Might be a different mix.
wouldn't it say something like:
9. Wasteland (Turbo Nutter Bastard Mix)
then?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
von#1165
Road Kill

doc P wrote:so @ Karst or whoever is in possesion - is that compilation worth listening to, or do the songs not really differ from the well known material? :?:
You beat me to this question. I don't want another rehash of that hideous release he put out on Cleopatra records. :evil: What s**t.
Badlander
Overbomber

von#1165 wrote: You beat me to this question. I don't want another rehash of that hideous release he put out on Cleopatra records. :evil: What s**t.
But then what can you expect from that company anyway ?
von#1165
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
von#1165 wrote: You beat me to this question. I don't want another rehash of that hideous release he put out on Cleopatra records. :evil: What s**t.
But then what can you expect from that company anyway ?
I can and I do expect what was on AurA. And on the latest release, Breathe. Although I do know Wayne has his moments and releases crap, which is much more than I can say about me, Von#1165. After all you must realize, I made him the talented(less) man he is today.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Could be worse, remember Resurrection?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
von#1165
Road Kill

weebleswobble wrote:Could be worse, remember Resurrection?
Yes I do. I am the one who posted about the *hideous* release on Cleopatra. I was in such shock I blocked the name of it.

Nothing could be worse than that piano smarmy issue.

Jesus, mish without guitars and bass... is s**t.
davedecay

a friend of mine in college thought that Severina was Seborrhea!

what a silly bunt.
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

I did actually find myself enjoying 'Resurrection'!!!! Sure, some of the songs were destroyed, and were just altered slightly... but I did find it quite an interesting listen, and what's more I've now listened to it several times... so it can't be THAT bad now, can it?

Will have to get the 'Anthology' CD - I dunno why, but I assumed it was just going to be "Sum and Substance" over again. But the inclusion of "Tomorrow Never Knows" alone makes it worth buying!

Would have liked there to be more demos / alternate versions... same with the recent AAE set; like the wonderful fast version of "Are You Lonely" that Julianne released a snippet of....
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
von#1165
Road Kill

Muppet wrote:I did actually find myself enjoying 'Resurrection'!!!! Sure, some of the songs were destroyed, and were just altered slightly... but I did find it quite an interesting listen, and what's more I've now listened to it several times... so it can't be THAT bad now, can it?
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes it is THAT Bad.... :roll:

Are you a glutton for punishment? Or perhaps it was so bad it could be considered a good laugh?

Stick to Mish without the piano and you'll never go wrong. :wink: They rock! :!: :twisted: