3 May 2006 -Leeds University

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Johnny M wrote:Ah, that's the one you pointed out to us at Black Oktober? Remember? After you met us at the station and during the six mile walk in the rain to where you'd parked your car ... :roll:

:wink:
That's the one, and that indeed is the route. I coulda given you the guided tour (in the rain), but didn't want to step on Francis' toes. :lol:

Say JM, where you staying for this here gig?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

Planet Dave wrote:Say JM, where you staying for this here gig?
his usual - LGI, A&E ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Tour budget must be small for 2006 - the promoter has missed "The" from "Sisters Of Mercy" on the poster in Jumbo :von: will not be pleased...
robertzombie
Overbomber

What does the poster look like?
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:What does the poster look like?
IIRC, a dayglo orange poster with "SJM Presents Sisters Of Mercy + Special Guests", plus ticket info.

Bog-standard promo poster, no caslon font, no photo. Took a while to find it - very anonymous amongst the others :(
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

just got my tickets. looks a good turn out fan wise, ticket numbers over 2000. qiute a crowd then.
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

nigel d wrote:just got my tickets. looks a good turn out fan wise, ticket numbers over 2000. qiute a crowd then.
...Wish it were true my friend, but take a look at the previous pages - a ticket numbered 2000 doesn't neccessarily mean all previous have sold, it's just from the batch that your vendor had (e.g. tickets 1850-2000).

Sadly I predict it won't be a sell-out, rather a healthier-than-average show for the Homecoming gig. Always a good 'un, though.
nigel d
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

we can live in hope.
i remember the 10th anniversary gig was packed on 2 floors but the 20th anniversary gig was uncrowded enough to swing a dozen cats , had i the urge.
im just eager to hear / see them again .(and then go and buy the new record.....................................................)
i am more likely to release an album before the sisters
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

nigel d wrote:we can live in hope.
i remember the 10th anniversary gig was packed on 2 floors but the 20th anniversary gig was uncrowded enough to swing a dozen cats , had i the urge.
im just eager to hear / see them again .(and then go and buy the new record.....................................................)
...I suspect one of your urges may well be fulfilled :D

I'd concentrate on something less boring instead of the latter :wink:
metalorange
Road Kill

Hi, I'm new on here, though I've popped by (very rarely) to check up on news and tours. Everytime I've checked in the last few years I've JUST missed a tour, but finally I'm ahead of the game and I've just ordered a ticket for me and my brother to see the Sisters at Leeds Uni (well, I only live 12 miles or so away from Leeds!).

The last and only time I've managed to see them was in 1997 at the Brixton Academy, but been a fan of the music since mid-80s.

I like a broad range of music, but I'm a huge Prince fan, there's a discussion forum I post on very similar to this one, just like here the fans moan when 'the hits' are played rather than more rare material!

Anyway, see you all there, except I won't recognise anyone because I've never met any of you! If anyone is arranging some meet-up drink beforehand, let me know, I might be interested...
James Blast
Banned

Welcome metalorange! :D
check the gallery for shots of our ugly mugs, see ya next month
James
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You might be interested? Might? Bugger that, you know you want to. :wink:

So, welcome to HL, metalorange. Good to see your avatar matching your name, so as to avoid any ambiguity. That's always nice.

And yep, if you can't be arsed ploughing through the thread (don't blame you), we'll be meeting in the Drydock beforehand, for reasons previously mentioned (ha, so if you wanna know, you have to read the thread).

See you there. We aren't all nerds. Mostly, but not all. :innocent: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
scotty
Overbomber

Welcome Metalorange, the "Dry Dock appears to be the meeting place :wink: , see you there.

Keith
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
pikkrong
Overbomber

the comedy continues. i ordered London, Leeds and Manchester tickets from the same site - London arrived ages ago to the address i gave (in London), now they refuse to give Leeds and Manchester tickets to my friend in London without seeing my passport, driving license or credit card (which i'm not going to send to the UK without myself), neither they post the tickets abroad. the last information was that they would accept faxed copy of my ID shown. but my friend in London has no access to a fax :twisted:
as i said - the comedy continues.
Last edited by pikkrong on 11 Apr 2006, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
do i drive
or am i driven
James Blast
Banned

Welcome to Free Britain! :|
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

huh, i was thinking i'm not drunk anymore but my previous post needed still editing to make a sense :oops:
do i drive
or am i driven
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

pikkrong wrote:huh, i was thinking i'm not drunk anymore but my previous post needed still editing to make a sense :oops:
On your vodka? Don't talk sh1te Indrek, surely you're always drunk. :wink: :P :lol:
pikkrong
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
pikkrong wrote:huh, i was thinking i'm not drunk anymore but my previous post needed still editing to make a sense :oops:
On your vodka? Don't talk sh1te Indrek, surely you're always drunk. :wink: :P :lol:
i'm afraid, Dave, you haven't seen me being drunk. or maybe only slightly drunk. here, in our barbarian climate being drunk means something other. and, as you could guess, if a shy introvert guy as me gets drunk, the result is awful.
do i drive
or am i driven
James Blast
Banned

I'll slum it with the rest at the Travel (a-ha!) Lodge in the city centre.

Premier Travel Inn Central Reservations
Oakley House
Oakley Road
Luton
Beds
LU4 9QH

Tel: 0870 2428000
Fax: 0870 2419000

Mr James Blast
XX X Drive
Xville
Somewhere oop norff
Scotland
GXX 2XX

Dear Mr Blast

Re: Reservation at the Premier Travel Inn, Leeds City Centre, Reservation AK-47. It is now confirmed.
;D
~ Peter Steele
SomeKindOfStranger
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

James Blast wrote:I'll slum it with the rest at the Travel (a-ha!) Lodge in the city centre.

Premier Travel Inn Central Reservations
Oakley House
Oakley Road
Luton
Beds
LU4 9QH

Tel: 0870 2428000
Fax: 0870 2419000

Pointless information:

Oakley Road is only 5mins from where I live and I never knew that thats where Premier Travel Inn Central Reservations were based.

Like I say, pointless information - but you were warned :wink:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Scene supplement in today’s Yorkshire Evening Post – check out page 6, bottom left! :eek:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Got my Ticket!!! :lol: But the wife has decided to sit this one out :cry: I hope to meet many of you dashing peeps down the Dry Dock-I'll be Batman (in cap and glasses)
:wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:Scene supplement in today’s Yorkshire Evening Post – check out page 6, bottom left! :eek:
:eek: :lol: Like the lovely low quality colour print they've used. :lol: A poxy ramshackle advert for a poxy ramsha....leave it Whelan!

I WILL have a great time on the 3rd, I've just got an awful feeling it's gonna have naff all to do with the gig itself. We shall see. :von:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oi! Whelan! Noooooooooooo! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:Scene supplement in today’s Yorkshire Evening Post – check out page 6, bottom left! :eek:
:eek: :lol: Like the lovely low quality colour print they've used. :lol: A poxy ramshackle advert for a poxy ramsha....leave it Whelan!
Nah, go on, Whelan! :twisted:
Planet Dave wrote:I WILL have a great time on the 3rd, I've just got an awful feeling it's gonna have naff all to do with the gig itself.
If listening to me singing about the MOOOOOOON is your idea of fun... :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets