Göteborg - Trädgårn - April 18th

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Badlander
Overbomber

Drsisters wrote: Thanks to the idiots in the audience who could´t shut the f**k up during the intro to I was Wrong. Eldtrich got really mad and changed right to This Corrosion.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Thanks to all for the reviews and comments. :notworthy:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Well, here's a short account of my first Sisters experience.
We got to the venue in good time with my wife and were among the first to get in, only to find out that a glass of mediocre red wine was insanely expensive and they didn't even have wine glasses.
Anyhow, we got to the very front. And then the waiting...and then. When the beats of Crash and Burn started the power of it just shook me, and then Von's growl...oh my God. Mindfuck. Absolutely stunning performance.
Short, but how brilliant. i think Von intended to stop i Was Wrong from the beginning, he used it as a funny intro to This Corrosion, but that's just my impression.
Von was also on extremely good mood, grinning sarcastically a lot of times. i was expecting a lot more smoke, Von only disappeared a couple of times.

If i had known beforehand how brilliant it is, we would've also gone to Malmö.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Badlander
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:i was expecting a lot more smoke, Von only disappeared a couple of times.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tommih
Road Kill

This consert was not that good, I enjoyed the ones in Arvika better. After the show I staed outside and talked to some peopole and the most of them didnt enjoy the show, some of them where very disapointed.

I have to agree whit the articles printed in the papers about the show, far far from the best conserts i have seen rating 4 of 10.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I thought the show was better than Malmö but not as good as Hamburg. I think my own mood and the crowd in general made my experience better. I didn't care about the rest of the crowd, just rocked away and enjoyed the moment like there was no tomorrow!
Let me say to all childish people on this forum demanding more smoke: If anything, there was too much smoke in Gothenburg, I don't mind because I have seen the Sisters a few times but I wholeheartedly understand peope complaining about it - it takes away a lot of the point with going to see a band, obviously. I stood in the third row in front of Ben, and he was the only person I could see most of the show. In Hamburg I was probably in row 15-20 something and could see all three without any problems.

After the show we luckily ran into Johan (TheBoyNextDoor) again, who had convinced Ben to come along to a rock bar called Rock Bar. I saw my chance striking up a conversation with him when the two guys surrounding him wanted to go outside for a smoke. It went something like:

Ben: "You guys go, I don't smoke"
Me: "Hi, Ben, thanks for the show. How do you get along as a non-smoker in this band, Andrew and Chris smoke a lot, don't they?"
"Err...YES they do!" *laughs*
"I think you play the guitar very good and bring new life into the Sisters...I especially like how you play This Corrosion"
"Oh thank you, that's a very nice thing of you to say, I love that song, This Corrosion"
"So how do you get along with Andrew?"
"He is always very nice to me, but I don't KNOW him"
"I really hope you are going to stay in the Sisters, and I hope you want that yourself"
"I would love to stay with the Sisters, I would like to record an album with them!"
"*laugh* there might be some obstacles to overcome in order to do that"
"I have always heard -Adam Pearson- was the obstacle"
"Ok, let's hope for the best then, thank you again for the show"
"You're welcome, thank you yourself"

Make what you want out of his answers ;-) A TOP guy, incredibly easy to talk to!
Badlander
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:Let me say to all childish people on this forum demanding more smoke: If anything, there was too much smoke in Gothenburg, I don't mind because I have seen the Sisters a few times but I wholeheartedly understand peope complaining about it - it takes away a lot of the point with going to see a band, obviously.
What you want to see is a show, not necessarily people. And the smoke is part of the show. :innocent:
Why would anyone want to see :von: , the man, so much ? Does he have some kind of superpower ? As long as it is a live act, the band can definitely turn on the smoke machine if that's what they want. 8)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Oh euphoria, your adultness and levelheadedness astounds me and i can only wish i can ever become as reasonable as you!

(i don't know if you referred to what i said, i never complained about the smoke, for me every fn little thing about the show was absolute perfection, but i might disagree with your assessment that it's simply childish to have an opinion different from yours)

Badlander: Actually seeing Von in the show was more important than i thought...my God, what presence he has, fantastic performer. It didn't grab me in the first few minutes, his presence that is, but my impression of it grew every second as i watched him move and perform. Though apparently my wife spend even more time looking at him than i did...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Oh euphoria, your adultness and levelheadedness astounds me and i can only wish i can ever become as reasonable as you!
Well thank you ;-) I'm just thinking about those who wanted to get a glimpse of the band and didn't get any, that's my point. I would have been disappointed if this was my first Sisters concert
itnAklipse wrote: (i don't know if you referred to what i said, i never complained about the smoke, for me every fn little thing about the show was absolute perfection, but i might disagree with your assessment that it's simply childish to have an opinion different from yours)
It's childish to say "there can never be too much smoke" which seems to be the mantra here. I was referring to the poll.
itnAklipse wrote: Badlander: Actually seeing Von in the show was more important than i thought...my God, what presence he has, fantastic performer. It didn't grab me in the first few minutes, his presence that is, but my impression of it grew every second as i watched him move and perform. Though apparently my wife spend even more time looking at him than i did...
Of course he is a fantastic performer. That's why they should take it easy with the smoke machine sometimes. I am all for having lots of smoke, but not to thepoint where it hides the whole band for most of the show. And once again: I enjoyed the gig immensely myself!
Badlander
Overbomber

itnAklipse wrote:Though apparently my wife spend even more time looking at him than i did...
At the Paris gig my sister spent much more time looking at Ben, and not just because he was right in front of us... :innocent:

All I can say is that I definitely understand her. ;D
euphoria wrote: It's childish to say "there can never be too much smoke" which seems to be the mantra here.
How's that childish ? Why not say it's over the top ? It's rock and roll ? It's supercalifragilisticexpialidicious ?
Isn't that childish to so want to see a singer who's not even a great dancer nor dress particularly well ?

Don't get mad, I'm only teasing. He defo is a great performer, but I don't think I need to see that much of him. 8)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

euphoria: Ok, and actually i think you also have a point...i was wrong to say before seeing them that i wouldn't care if i didn't see Von at all. Balance is good.

Badlander: We saw Ben only once really well cause we were between Von and Chris, but when Ben came there briefly during Top Nite Out and was grinning, my wife did let out a rather loud highpitched scream, too :)
Johnny M
A Very Nice Man

I do chuckle at this 'smoke' debate. :lol:

The girls are (and always will be) an aural assault on your senses. Just close your eyes and get lost in the soundscape. And if you do open them, isn't it nice to find yourself cast adrift in a smoke filled wasteland full of pretty colours and flashing blinky things? I think so. 8)
[size=9:7c190484cc]Johnny Boy - JB - Loki - Johnny M

Heartland 14 Jul 03 - 05 Aug 06.[/size:7c190484cc]
pandemon
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:A TOP guy, incredibly easy to talk to!
Amen to that...

got him on a couple of photos from the Malmö After Party, www.thedeadend.tk - click on "060417" under "FOTON"
... keep laughing ... kindredspirits.tk - debut album out now!
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Now that i've read all the other reviews, i noticed no one mentioned the girl who climbed stealthily onstage, crouched behind the monitors and ambushed Von completely unawares...so she grabbed him, kissed him and held him, and Von was only able to dart a couple of steps backwards too late, and it took a moment from the security to rip her off from Von.
It seemed to me that Von was taken aback, maybe even embarassed that he dind't see it coming, and his comment was 'she read my mind'.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Since everything has been told about this gig I just add a couple of things from my own experience:

Great audience, maybe the best I've ever witnessed at a Sisters gig. Thanks guys!

A bit too much smoke, even for me.

Quite funny he left IWW out from the setlist.. maybe he was not realising that they've never played the song before in Sweden and very few of the audience knowing about this S.T.F.U.-while-we're-playing-this-song-thingy. Everyone cheered and screamed so much that you could see by the looks in his face that he was never going to get it right. No one knew the drill so to speak. But I have to blame myself as well since I couldn't shut up either. ;)

The afterparty was great, once again I brought Ben Christo with me but Chris had to ask for permission to go, and I don't know if he was able to do that or not (probably not). Maybe he's more strained than Ben or maybe he was just tired. Cheers to everyone that I met and making this night a top night out!
You know who you are. ;)
daggs
Amphetamine Filth

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:Quite funny he left IWW out from the setlist.. maybe he was not realising that they've never played the song before in Sweden and very few of the audience knowing about this S.T.F.U.-while-we're-playing-this-song-thingy. Everyone cheered and screamed so much that you could see by the looks in his face that he was never going to get it right. No one knew the drill so to speak.
ah I didn't know the drill for IWW, thanks for the mention of it
"f**k me and marry me young"
Badlander
Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote: The afterparty was great, once again I brought Ben Christo with me but Chris had to ask for permission to go, and I don't know if he was able to do that or not (probably not). Maybe he's more strained than Ben or maybe he was just tired.
Permission from whom ? :eek:
His girl or :von: ? :?:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote:
TheBoyNextDoor wrote: The afterparty was great, once again I brought Ben Christo with me but Chris had to ask for permission to go, and I don't know if he was able to do that or not (probably not). Maybe he's more strained than Ben or maybe he was just tired.
Didn't you see her in Paris?

Maybe he prefered spending time with her instead of hanging around with some goffs.... :twisted:

.....and others. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
wimanx
Road Kill

Anyone got the whole show recorded in audio? (mp3, ogg etc)
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

i know that an asian girl standing next to my wife recorded the show, but she disappeared from my view after the gig before i got the chance to ask her about it :/

Hopefully and most probably someone else did, too.
TheBoyNextDoor

Badlander wrote:
I am not sure.. but didn't see his girlfriend so I guess it must have been :von: then.
TheBoyNextDoor

Ozpat wrote:
Badlander wrote:
Didn't you see her in Paris?

Maybe he prefered spending time with her instead of hanging around with some goffs.... :twisted:

.....and others. :D
I must be one of the others then .. since he looks more goff than me. ;D
...and he was at the afterparty in Copenhagen were it was only goffs and nothing but goffs.. and others. :P
TheBoyNextDoor

A snippet from Göteborg 18 April. Same as on YouTube but with much better quality.

http://www.imaginarywalls.com/The_Siste ... -2006.mpeg
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:A snippet from Göteborg 18 April. Same as on YouTube but with much better quality.

http://www.imaginarywalls.com/The_Siste ... -2006.mpeg
What the f**k?? You see much more of Andrew in this clip than I saw during the whole concert :lol:
And who is the guy singing? For once you can hear the lyrics clearly :)
TheBoyNextDoor

euphoria wrote:What the f**k?? You see much more of Andrew in this clip than I saw during the whole concert :lol:
And who is the guy singing? For once you can hear the lyrics clearly :)
Yeah, you can even see his face! I guess my friends camera has some x-ray function or something. :D

I don't know, my guess it is the same guy who shouted "more smoke!" in the beginning of the show...he was standing in front of me so...
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Whee, thanks for the clip! Brings it all back..