Most users ever online was 20

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Most users ever online was 20 on Mon 19 May, 2003 3:50 pm

it's a new lap record! :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Nice one.... :notworthy: , should we not all be working at that time :D

Got another recruit on the way if you have the bandwidth......

Always wondered if you needed a contribution for the bandwidth etc BTW...
Todays sarcasm is tomorrow's news
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i get a pretty decent bandwidth allowance with my hosting package (about 30gb a month i think), and the forum uses php and gzip compression so that the actual html thats piped to your browsers is a fraction of the real size anyway ;)

it gets me by.... not cheap though!

it's a version of this package: http://oneandone.co.uk/xml/static/produ ... frame=_top

but that one has been revised since i took it out, and i get more bandwidth but less extras.

but the idea of accepting paypal contributions had occured to me... but only on a purely voluntary basis :twisted:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

"but the idea of accepting paypal contributions had occured to me... but only on a purely voluntary basis "

Well - let me know, happy to help. I presume no one does, but it would be easy to treat Heartland as a "service". The nice thing is it is an "urban guerilla" operation :D , and long may it continue!

Think a voluntary contribution would be the only way to do it as anything else would water it down.
pikkrong
Overbomber

about paypal - i have mastercard and there has never been any problem using it for buying books from British Amazon or CD-s from German or Swedish mailorders but there isn't my country in the paypal's list -- so, i can't use this service :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Sounds like a good idea, especially the "extras" that Quiffy provides us! ;) We owe him something!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
hallucienate
Overbomber

damn CellThree, that's one damn cool avatar!

I would offer free hosting for HL, but the company I work for is too small, bandwidth in this country too expensive and I'm a bit off the internet backbones in Europe and the States :(
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

hallucienate wrote:damn CellThree, that's one damn cool avatar!
Thank you. Jan Michael Vincent is a great man. :notworthy:
24.24.2.489 Deceased
nearmethexperience
Sarky Git

CellThree wrote:
hallucienate wrote:damn CellThree, that's one damn cool avatar!
Thank you. Jan Michael Vincent is a great man. :notworthy:
i always used to get him confused with the blokey who wrote the music in miami vice... go figure ;)

anyway, yeah, i think banner advertising would be hard to get as the site isn't big enough to hit a huge untargetted market, but too diverse for the targetted market (unless of course TSOM have products and services they wish to promote here, a la "Andy and the boys now taking books for weddings and funerals and over 30's parties" (as lets face it, how many peeps here are below 30?¿?, not many i'd figure). pop-ups (or pop-unders these days in a feeble attempt to get you, the user, to hate them less, are a big no-no as they suck about 422lbs of baboons ass.

paypal would in deed seem the way to go, just a shame it's tied in so closely with bahoo...

ho hum...

i fancy a whip round in a hat but it'd have to be a bloody big one ;)
++++ All those of you who have tears, prepare to shed them now... ++++
hallucienate
Overbomber

nearmethexperience wrote:how many peeps here are below 30?¿?, not many i'd figure).
me! me! I am!!!!
nearmethexperience wrote:pop-ups (or pop-unders these days in a feeble attempt to get you, the user, to hate them less, are a big no-no as they suck about 422lbs of baboons ass.
I'll ask my taxidermist friend if he's got any spare baboon asses in stock.

The only pop-up I've ever enjoyed was the one I received on the 30th April from the management.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Maybe we should just have a big p*ss up sometime :D