"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

Great arrangement, appallingly recorded.

Sorry :|
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

A bit biased now that I worked on Syberberg's version today, but I second Motz in this.
Still the same problem of keys that are VERY out of sync and "all over the place". The ideas are great enough, but it lacks a bit on coherence... :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Michael aka Emilien
Amphetamine Filth

I run a gothic metal project, called Egregore. We made a cover of "We Are The Same, Suzanne", but still got no recordings.
Is it really matter?
markfiend wrote:I didn't compose it, I don't even remember how good it is.
Michael aka Emilien @ My Opera Community: http://my.opera.com/michael_aka_emilien
Michael aka Emilien @ My Space Community: http://myspace.com/michael_aka_emilien
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Well, blasting out of my speakers right now are the fruits of IZ's labour...superb job! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks for the compliments there IZ...now, just have to turn it into an mp3 and tell mh where to find it so everyone else can have a listen.

I've not listened to The Mumbles version yet and seeing as how I've done a version of the same song, I'm not sure if I should or not just in case any negative comments by me are taken the wrong way.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
robertzombie
Overbomber

We'll improve it next week ;)
Michael aka Emilien
Amphetamine Filth

Mine is a bit re-arranged one.
Recording should arrive this December.
Michael aka Emilien @ My Opera Community: http://my.opera.com/michael_aka_emilien
Michael aka Emilien @ My Space Community: http://myspace.com/michael_aka_emilien
Izzy HaveMercy

Syberberg wrote:Well, blasting out of my speakers right now are the fruits of IZ's labour...superb job! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks for the compliments there IZ...now, just have to turn it into an mp3 and tell mh where to find it so everyone else can have a listen.

I've not listened to The Mumbles version yet and seeing as how I've done a version of the same song, I'm not sure if I should or not just in case any negative comments by me are taken the wrong way.
Jist doing what I knows best, that being muzik, sir, y' ken :oops:

It only works when the audio is great to start with... ;D

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

OK, both versions of Crash and Burn have now been added to the first post, and y'all can freely download them.

Haven't listened to either yet meself, but I'll let you know what I think later on.

Have we still no takers for Romeo Down or Slept???
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy

mcalldp wrote:Alright, guitar,vocals, programming available from me if anyone wants to collab on anything.
Also wouldn't mind getting someone to give a better mix to my Summer version. With my new system I'm not set up to master at all.

Anyone?
How much tracks do you have on that in total? And is it MIDI?

Maybe you can send them to me if it's not too big, and I can give the mix a shot (and mastering, of course).

Although your MP3 sound not bad at all, there seems to be something wrong with the stereo image or the panning. Sometimes it seems that a channel 'falls out' for a second or so. Also, the guitar sounds pish ;) Maybe I can do something with it.

Your vocals are very good tho, and the drumsound works as well.

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

Just listened to both versions, and (for me) both are excellent for different reasons. I dunno, there's something about the Mumbles sound, out of key synths and all, that just does it for me. Syberberg's is, of course, fantastic also.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy

Since there are only 13 songs more-or-less confirmed in your first posting, we could include both versions anyway... ;)

IZ.
Mish
Road Kill

mh wrote:OK, both versions of Crash and Burn have now been added to the first post, and y'all can freely download them.
rapidshare.de never works for me unfortunately (always get invalid session even after waiting a minute and typing the code) - can that track be posted anywhere else?

Good ideas on the Mumbles version though - I wasn't expecting that kind of arrangement at all!

Cheers,

Bryan
mh
Above the Chemist

Mish wrote:
mh wrote:OK, both versions of Crash and Burn have now been added to the first post, and y'all can freely download them.
rapidshare.de never works for me unfortunately (always get invalid session even after waiting a minute and typing the code) - can that track be posted anywhere else?
Of course.

An alternate MegaUpload link has now been added.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Nice work folks!

Does anyone have the lyrics for Crash and Burn as my Leeds version is incoherent at best, in fact mostly sounds like someone is prodding the singist with a large stick at random points..

Tempted to have a go myself just for the fun of it..
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Ehm... The Mumbles and "Crash and Burn... "

well...

it's one brilliant loose collection of boy's room recording with a casio keyboard and an echoing karaoke mic! I cannot even trace the original song!

it has more to do with a 80's radio jingle from a very bad local radio station.

So, Daisy take a bow, kudos to the mumbles
guns & cars & accidents
Michael aka Emilien
Amphetamine Filth

Nobody listening... i just keep talking to myself ;(
robertzombie
Overbomber

Zuma wrote:Nice work folks!

Does anyone have the lyrics for Crash and Burn as my Leeds version is incoherent at best, in fact mostly sounds like someone is prodding the singist with a large stick at random points..

Tempted to have a go myself just for the fun of it..
CRASH AND BURN wrote: We slip on the wire
We shimmer to shine
Now slide on the chrome and plastic.
The hum of the power lines
In the sum of our love
We trip the light fantastic.

Do I drive or am I driven?
Can I brake, what I've been given?
Take a walk, turn, talk or
Crash and burn.

Everybody got a wife, I got mine
She's kneeling on the backseat
Feeling fine
She's married to a soldier in
The army of the Rhine
Well, he don't know so,
He don't mind.

She says:
Can I prey on, what I've been given?
Crash and burn.

The hum of the power lines
The sum of our love.

We trip on the wire
We shimmer to shine
We slide on the chrome and plastic.

We sing:
Can I brake, what I've been given?
Crash and burn.
we used them ones :)
mh
Above the Chemist

There are no official published lyrics yet. All we have are interpretations, and while we're pretty much in unanimous agreement about most of the song, the second verse is known to be a right hoor to get. Pretty much any interpretation is valid, depending on which recording you listen to.
aims
Overbomber

She's married to a solider in the army of the Reich.

Or so we're told :lol:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Thank you! :notworthy:
Syberberg

The only difference between what The Mumbles sing and what I sing is the replacement of the word "lines" for "lies" as it then makes for an interesting pun with the word "hum".

As for "She's married to a soldier in the Army of the Rhine" that could be a reference to either of two things:

1: Battle Hymn for The Army of The Rhine*

2:The British Army of the Rhine

Of course, until such time as we get Offical Confirmation, all we can do is make a best guess.

*Translation can be found here.
James Blast
Banned

Shut Up and Play Yer Geetars!

stop reading into things, sometimes stuff is just stuff
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Syberberg

James Blast wrote:Shut Up and Play Yer Geetars!

stop reading into things, sometimes stuff is just stuff

Happy now?
James Blast
Banned

Ecstatic! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Deleted, seemed like a good idea 5 minutes ago.... :oops: