big dogs cock? no! big birds cock!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

holy living sh*t!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/envi ... 366856.htm
Found! The longest bird penis ever
Friday, 14 September 2001

North American scientists have discovered the longest bird penis ever - a 42.5cm organ belonging to a duck.

Dr Kevin McCracken of the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, and colleagues, report in this week's Nature that they have found a specimen of the Argentine lake duck (Oxyura vittata) that has a penis as long as its body - nearly half a metre long.

This has extended an earlier estimate of the length of the duck's corkscrew-shaped penis, which was 20cm.

"It's a fascinating bit of anatomy they've discovered here. It really is unusual," commented bird mating expert Dr Raoul Mulder from the University of Melbourne.

Most male birds don't have penises - they copulate by briefly touching genital openings, called a 'cloacal kiss'," he explained.

Dr Mulder said a number of duck species and ostriches have penises, but this was definitely the longest ever encountered.

Dr McCracken and colleagues speculate that the giant penis may be an example of 'runaway' sexual selection, where female preference drives male anatomy to ever-greater extremes, as in the peacock's tail.

Dr Mulder believes this may be a bit of anthropomorphising, however.

"I'm not fond of the 'nudge nudge, wink wink' comments by the authors," he said.

The authors write that this species is "promiscuous and boisterous in their sexual activity", which means that there is likely to be stiff competition by drakes to be the father of ducklings.

One finding in support of this idea, they suggest, is that the drake's penis has a brush-like tip, which they say the males probably use to scrub the sperm of previous mates from the female's oviduct.

Mulder agreed this was likely, but felt another suggestion by the authors - that males might use an everted penis as a "display" to attract females - was not.

"They are being rather speculative, and it seems not much is known about this bird and we need to observe its behaviour in the wild before we can understand what function this penis might have," he said.

The authors acknowledge that many questions remain: How much of the penis does the drake actually insert? And does the anatomy of the female make them unusually difficult to inseminate?

They conclude, nevertheless, that their new specimen will help them better understand sexual selection and sperm competition in birds.

The male Argentine Lake Duck and his 42.5 cm penis (Pic: K. McCracken/Nature).
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Feeling inadequate, Quiffy? Personally, I ain't got that much blood circulating to keep that thing up an' at 'em.

No offence QB, but you really do seem to spend too long trawling crap websites. How the f*** do you come by this stuff??????

Dave
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Jim
Slight Overbomber

I feel quite ill.

Thanks for that.
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
DerekR
Doobie Brother

No wonder the ones on the canal outside my window make such a bloody racket at night, they're boasting :)

Lucky quacking bastards!
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

LMAO

Lends a new meaning to bestiality, doesn't it?

Now where the hell is my Dog? LOL I miss my Doggie kisses....

Planet
Black Angel
Road Kill

Black Planet wrote:LMAO

Planet

i guess you're refering to me...
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Black Angel wrote:
Black Planet wrote:LMAO

Planet

i guess you're refering to me...
Yes my Pet. I am. Remember that kiss you gave me for my birthday?

As my main squeeze says...I want More!!! Gee, maybe I need to go back to my fantasy thread and see what I can dream up?.....

Planet
8)
reverberater
Amphetamine Filth

I'll have to post some pictures of me in my speedos Quiffster if that's your thing :wink:

Mighty impressive you'll find 8) ;D
Guided by the light and by the catholic monochrome