all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
James Blast
Banned

Gimme, gimme, gimme anything before and after midnight.

and I still hate abba
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

the sisters wrote the tracks. So even if WEA is corporate bollocks, andy and the rest still receive a bit for their work if it's sold.
guns & cars & accidents
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

So how is it that no one can describe or upload SKOS (early) yet? Come on people... someone claimed to know some DJ friend who has a copy of the reissue... Get on it! For the common good...
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

First post - previously content to wait in the wings until someone asked the question I had or I forgot what point I wanted to make...
I was just wondering what is the bag in relation to the rights/owner ship of demo's?,
Presumably they belong to the record company who paid out studio time? If that's the case, why haven't they lobbed a load more on to the re-issues? Only SKOS & (possible) Neverland, is a bit of a swizzle...
If you look at the recent adam ant reissues or even the Pyschedelic Furs - indeed almost anyone else - there has usually been more than just a few b-side to pad it out...
Or does Von own the rights and obviously not about to play ball with Bugs and the boys...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote:the sisters wrote the tracks. So even if WEA is corporate bollocks, andy and the rest still receive a bit for their work if it's sold.
It might depend on what the settlement terms were when the band left WEA and then the whole SSV thing. There might have been all kinds of caveats. Being the corporate bollock merchants WEA are, whats to stop them from withholding royalties again? They are not the only label to screw their artists out of royalties. If they did, could von afford another legal battle if he didn't get paid?

I wonder how much royalties Patricia Morrison would get from Floodland? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

bismarck wrote:So how is it that no one can describe or upload SKOS (early) yet? Come on people... someone claimed to know some DJ friend who has a copy of the reissue... Get on it! For the common good...
I wondered about this as well.
On the other hand, the brain of an idiot seldom weighs more than 23oz - Gray's Anatomy
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

RetroGoth wrote: I wonder how much royalties Patricia Morrison would get from Floodland? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only way she will get any money from the sale of this is to get a job in HMV :lol:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
RetroGoth
Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:
RetroGoth wrote: I wonder how much royalties Patricia Morrison would get from Floodland? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The only way she will get any money from the sale of this is to get a job in HMV :lol:
I doubt her thighs would fit through the door now! :twisted:
DomConway
Filth

bismarck wrote:someone claimed to know some DJ friend who has a copy of the reissue... Get on it! For the common good...
Indeed, he left a message on my myspace saying he'd just received them. I'll drop him a line and see if he's up for sharing. If not, I guess we'll just have to wait a whole week!
the only thing to fear is fear itself
kazamel
Amphetamine Filth

Motz wrote:
kazamel wrote:We've got all the tracks already
Says you who was around and aware when they were first released and are quite obviously not the target market.
Well, I was there early nineties so I had to go and search for the early stuuf and demos myself as well. Which was fun! :D
But I was really refering to our beloved Weeding & Sharing sections, which hold all the material on these discs (again, apart from SKOS and possibly Neverland (long version)) and are available for all HL'ers. :wink:
I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven. Can you hear it? It's like when you put your head to the grass and you can hear the growin' and you can hear the insects.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

To be fair, we don't want trouble from the RIAA, so official releases are a no-no for weeding/sharing.

What people do in the privacy of private messages is totally uncontrollable by the moderating staff though. :innocent:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
TheBoyNextDoor

Oh yeah.. just wanted to let you swedish people out there to know that http://www.megastore.se are selling those three albums for 89 sek each(£6.40/€9.3). Seems like they are released in Sweden as well then. Hurrah.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Still no news in the lowlands about the re releases... :roll:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Drenchrom

There are promos for each of the albums out there. Full length CDR with printing on CD and white printed covers, text only.
I have been promised them for thursday at the latest. the guy who is sending them to me got them from his sony/bmg/wea rep. I'll post pic's of all three, when i hopefully get them. No other special promos according to the rep.
I'll also be getting the releases, the first official thing in donkeys years. Celebrations all round.

Matt..
Badlander
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Still no news in the lowlands about the re releases... :roll:
Nothing in France either. :?
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
mh
Above the Chemist

Funny enough, the Rhino site is totally silent on the subject too. I guess the existence of promos, DJ copies and the like does confirm that it's for real though.

Here's an interesting one. The previously posted link ( http://www.7digital.com/stores/productD ... sid=502608 ) gives a total running time of just over 79 mins. Now, I've just roughly totted up the times for the tracks that we do have times for, and gotten just over 67 mins. There's one track left that we don't have a time for, so I guess that means that said one track clocks in at about 12 mins.

Barman Blast will be happy.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Gary

I must say the remasters DO sound better
bismarck

Gary wrote:I must say the remasters DO sound better
based on what?
Gary

bismarck wrote:
Gary wrote:I must say the remasters DO sound better
based on what?
The 'original' cd sound quality, compared to the 'remastered' cd sound quality, sounded better on my cheap system. would be interesting to hear on a expensive set up, especially floodland.
bismarck

have you got the newly reissued albums, or are you referring to '92s remastered falaa?
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Gary

bismarck wrote:have you got the newly reissued albums, or are you referring to '92s remastered falaa?
newly reissued albums, the 92 re-master was awfull, I ended up recording my vinyl and making a cdr.
bismarck

so what is skkos (early) then?
Last edited by bismarck on 24 Oct 2006, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

I dont want to spoil the surprise, its worth it though!
bismarck

oh ok
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

amazon.de
First and last and always
Floodland
Vision thing

Release date in Germany: 08-12-2006.... :(
"as we walk on the floodland"