"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Just to say, my version of Still is still in the pipeline and should hopefully get finished this week sometime.
Do I drive or am I driven?
James Blast
Banned

Arrrgh! wrote:Just to say, my version of Still is still in the pipeline and should hopefully get finished this week sometime.
Good Man! Image

keep this one alive folks, we've been a bit quiet of late
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mcalldp
Road Kill

Any chance of getting this as a aticky? BUMP.

I am still available to help on vocals for anyone needing vocal parts still.

I would REALLY love to do a duet with a female singer on one of the songs, any takers?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ok, as per 'blasting' :wink: request ; here's my take on 'Summer'...

Edit : I've had to redo the song, since I messed up - music geek alert!! - the sound of the floor tom. It was hardly audible (the floor tom, I mean, not me having messed it up) because I used the wrong EQ preset. That's been fixed. Sounds much better with it, but those who already have it will have to download it again. Shouldn't make you spill any sweat, I suppose ;)...
Last edited by Ahráyeph on 05 Nov 2006, 04:57, edited 4 times in total.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Ok, as per 'blasting' :wink: request ; here's my take on 'Summer'...
Really really good, really! :D :notworthy:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
James Blast
Banned

The boy done good, howzabout some 'proper' vox humana mcalldp? :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Ok, as per 'blasting' :wink: request ; here's my take on 'Summer'...

Edit : I've had to redo the song, since I messed up - music geek alert!! - the sound of the floor tom. It was hardly audible (the floor tom, I mean, not me having messed it up) because I used the wrong EQ preset. That's been fixed. Sounds much better with it, but those who already have it will have to download it again. Shouldn't make you spill any sweat, I suppose ;)...
Sounds excellent! :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Thumbs up for the Belgian bloke! ;D :notworthy:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
mh
Above the Chemist

Holy crap, that's not too bad at all.

Adding it to the first page right now!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Glad it made the cut :)...
James Blast
Banned

Made the cut!?
Made the cut!!!
Blows everythig outta the water IMO!!! :eek:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ok, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but that's a bit much, methinks :eek:...
James Blast
Banned

OK, feck aff amateur!!!

happy now, Khunt?
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

That's better :twisted:...
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ahráyeph damn near perfect, just bring the vocals up a tad, and I do mean a tad, and job done.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
mcalldp
Road Kill

More than happy to give my try at vocals though I already hear vocals on this track, what's up?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Syberberg wrote:Ahráyeph damn near perfect, just bring the vocals up a tad, and I do mean a tad, and job done.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Consider it done. By tomorrow evening, most likely...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Done. Made 'em sound a bit better too while I was at it. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;D. So where do we go from here? Do I upload the WAV file (16 Bit, 44.1kHz) to my Dropload account where mh - or whoever needs it - can pick it up?
FMAMMY
Road Kill

so Slept is still available?

my rockband will start to record a new demo within the next week or something. maybe i'd spend some sparetime rebirthing some drums and record the bass and guitar by myself. The other members in the band ain't that big Sisters-fans but we actually played VT some years ago. since microphones and s**t already will be ready for some action this would be a great opportunity to record something for all of us crazy sisters-fans who cannot wait for the next one to arrive. :wink:
mh
Above the Chemist

FMAMMY wrote:so Slept is still available?

my rockband will start to record a new demo within the next week or something. maybe i'd spend some sparetime rebirthing some drums and record the bass and guitar by myself. The other members in the band ain't that big Sisters-fans but we actually played VT some years ago. since microphones and s**t already will be ready for some action this would be a great opportunity to record something for all of us crazy sisters-fans who cannot wait for the next one to arrive. :wink:
Cheers and welcome! :notworthy:

Pop on over to General Chat and introduce yourself.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
mh
Above the Chemist

Ahráyeph wrote:Done. Made 'em sound a bit better too while I was at it. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;D. So where do we go from here? Do I upload the WAV file (16 Bit, 44.1kHz) to my Dropload account where mh - or whoever needs it - can pick it up?
Drop a PM to IZZY. :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Done. Made 'em sound a bit better too while I was at it. Sorry, couldn't help myself ;D. So where do we go from here? Do I upload the WAV file (16 Bit, 44.1kHz) to my Dropload account where mh - or whoever needs it - can pick it up?
Yeap, a WAV 16 or 24 bit is preferred (16 is good enough), send it to me with YouSendIt or another means. You can PM me for the email address...

I will do the general mastering of all different tracks in the end, but when I hear what YOU can do, maybe a collaboration on that front is in order! ;D

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:
FMAMMY wrote:so Slept is still available?

Cheers and welcome! :notworthy:

Pop on over to General Chat and introduce yourself.
Seems our little project finnaly has lift-off! :notworthy:

Hmmm... 'war on drugs' is still available eh? :twisted:

IZ.
mh
Above the Chemist

@FMAMMY : I've added you to the list in the first post.

All we need now is Romeo Down...
FMAMMY
Road Kill

I will program the drums as soon as I can. probably tonight since the drums on Slept ain't that tough. i just listened to it and as far as i can see it it's 'just' the main beat with a little snare-twist before the chorus.

and then I will talk to our guitarist/engineer if he can assist me recording bass and guitars. i have never sung Slept but it's funny how much you can 'hide' between effects and autotune ;) haha, i will sing it from deep within! that's all that matters 8) i'll keep you updated!