28/09/92 sabine's living room

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
deadagain
Banned

28/09/92 sabine's living room, Oberhausen, Germany

Has a copy of this private gig ever surfaced? I suspect it would be the ultimate gig to get from this era!

if any one has it, and would like to trade it (or weed it!) then please let me know :D
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
allfear
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

No Eldritch made a dat of it, according to Robin he never gave her a copy of it.
deadagain
Banned

allfear wrote:No Eldritch made a dat of it, according to Robin he never gave her a copy of it.
jeez, that tight!
Dan
Overbomber

allfear wrote:No Eldritch made a dat of it, according to Robin he never gave her a copy of it.
If you were Sabine and were told not to copy it for anyone they you would say that to avoid all the beggars. :D
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

As far as I know a recording of that "living room gig" never appeared in collectores circles.

If you want to see what the show looked like:

http://www.poison-door.net/galerie/ober ... mmer_v.jpg
robertzombie
Overbomber

So how do u get the sisters of mercy to perform in your living room?

Anyone know the setlist?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

robertzombie wrote:So how do u get the sisters of mercy to perform in your living room?

Anyone know the setlist?
She'd won some sort of contest, didn't she?

Wonder if anyone complained about the smoke :lol:

Love your avatar BTW :notworthy: :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

She won the annual price of the Underneath the rock magazine.

One year later one could win a backing vocal position on the new Sisters album...
:von:
czuczu
Overbomber

I can remember some drunken conversations about it - apparently she had 4 or 5 mates around and they all watched the first half from the kitchen cos they were so shy :lol:
Christian wrote:She won the annual price of the Underneath the rock magazine.

One year later one could win a backing vocal position on the new Sisters album...
Some poor swine out there is still waiting for their moment of glory :twisted:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

czuczu wrote:

Or it's just one album isn't big enough for two people unable to sing properly? :P
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:
czuczu wrote:

Or it's just one album isn't big enough for two people unable to sing properly? :P
Ooh, get you Zeno. Scratch their eyes out. :wink: :lol:

The setlist was, apparently, the same as Pukkelpop the next day - ie. standard 92 summer set. Though I doubt she was treated to the 20-odd minute Sister Ray encore.

Imagine The Sisters belting out a gig in your living room. :eek: :eek: :notworthy:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:Imagine The Sisters belting out a gig in your living room. :eek: :eek: :notworthy:
Mmmmm...but it was in Germany, so I imagine that between numbers they had the neighbours hammering on the doors yelling "Ruhe! RUHE!" :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
mugabe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote:Imagine The Sisters belting out a gig in your living room. :eek: :eek: :notworthy:

Would be pretty cool to sit and play videogames in another room. Shout out the odd request in-between songs.
Nothing ventured, nothing lost
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

where was the dry ice :lol: :lol:

i read/heard that sabine and b/f had a row and missed part of the gig. Urban myth i suppose?
Goths have feelings too
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote:
robertzombie wrote:... the sisters of mercy to perform in your living room?
:lol: Z, you're on a roll :notworthy:

if they want to perform in my living room, they don't even have to bring the smoke-machine-thingy... I'll be gladly supplying tons of smoke 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

radiojamaica wrote:
Obviousman wrote:
robertzombie wrote:... the sisters of mercy to perform in your living room?
:lol: Z, you're on a roll :notworthy:

if they want to perform in my living room, they don't even have to bring the smoke-machine-thingy... I'll be gladly supplying tons of smoke 8)
Ah, the many uses of a dry-ice filled bong. :wink: :twisted:
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
robertzombie
Overbomber

:lol:
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:
Ah, the many uses of a dry-ice filled bong. :wink: :twisted:
Aye... belgo-jamaicãn style! Puffin' away... ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

some photos in the HL image gallery: clicky
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

I can't believe they haven't landed on Planet Dave's garage! There's a venue with just the right rockn'roll ambience...
bine.virtuell
Road Kill

Sabine fromOberhausen :
1. Wir waren wenige Zuschauer damals (aber nicht schüchtern)- einige Leute warenwährend des Gigs in der Küche zum Teetrinken - die gehörten aber alle zur Crew
2.Meine Nachbarn fanden den Gig geil. Niemand hämmerte an die Wand und rief "Ruhe,Ruhe"
3.Ich habe kein Tape von dem Konzert. Andrew wollte nicht, dass wir aufnehmen, ich habe ihm versprochen es nicht zu tun und ich pflege meine Versprechen zu halten. Andrew wollte mir eine Kopie seines Bandes geben, habe aber keine bekommen. Das ist ok, denn ich werde dieses Konzert niemals vergessen - es ist in meinem Kopf und meinem Herzen gespeichert. Für immer.
Sabine
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

bine.virtuell wrote:Sabine fromOberhausen :
1. Wir waren wenige Zuschauer damals (aber nicht schüchtern)- einige Leute warenwährend des Gigs in der Küche zum Teetrinken - die gehörten aber alle zur Crew
2.Meine Nachbarn fanden den Gig geil. Niemand hämmerte an die Wand und rief "Ruhe,Ruhe"
3.Ich habe kein Tape von dem Konzert. Andrew wollte nicht, dass wir aufnehmen, ich habe ihm versprochen es nicht zu tun und ich pflege meine Versprechen zu halten. Andrew wollte mir eine Kopie seines Bandes geben, habe aber keine bekommen. Das ist ok, denn ich werde dieses Konzert niemals vergessen - es ist in meinem Kopf und meinem Herzen gespeichert. Für immer.
Sabine
Setlist? :innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
deadagain
Banned

bine.virtuell wrote:Sabine fromOberhausen :
Sabine
Ich versteihe nicht - Ich habe kein deutsch! English bitte :)
erd77
Road Kill

from google:

1. We were few spectators at that time (however not shyly) - some people be during the Gigs in the kitchen for dte drinking - belonged however all this to the crew 2.Meine neighbours found the Gig geil. Nobody hammered to the wall and called “peace, peace� 3.Ich does not have Tape of the concert. Andrew did not want that we take up not to do I had him promised it and I maintain my promises to hold. Andrew wanted to give, has however none get me a copy of its volume. That is ok, because I will never forget this concert - it is stored in my head and my heart. Always. Sabine
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

another translation in this thread
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell