The Ashes

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
scotty
Overbomber

Are England getting humped then? :urff:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Slightly. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Slightly. :|
The likelihood of a win are?....................
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

scotty wrote:
In the first test? Unlikely unless we can clone Flintoff or KP and Bell have a particularly good partnership.
Hell is other people.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Australia have already won this one. 549 runs ahead with England 3 wickets down at the end of day two?

Even if the entire Australian side dropped dead, England would still struggle to win this one.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Australia have already won this one. 549 runs ahead with England 3 wickets down at the end of day one?

Even if the entire Australian side dropped dead, England would still struggle to win this one.
That good eh!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Worse. :evil:

Ah, well, summer 2005 didn't seem like real cricket, what with England winning the Ashes.
—Bertrand Russell
scotty
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Worse. :evil:

Ah, well, summer 2005 didn't seem like real cricket, what with England winning the Ashes.
I was thinking that the last time The Ashes were played for "The vAshes" thread was on about page Four by the time you won, Ritchie must be up to his eyes in nappies :innocent:
streamline
Slight Overbomber

I think its funny that we are only about to start the third day of the first test match and the press/radio are already saying that it is a foregone conclusion that the Ashes will be heading back to Oz :urff:

Brisbane is not the happiest of hunting grounds for us and to write off the series already is just plain daft. We lost the first test in the summer and went on to win the series.

Radio 5-F'kin-Live has a lot to answer for with their s**t phone-ins that are all frequented by inane inbreds who drone on about how much better cricket was when the ball was made of rancid cheese and I.T.Botham bowled a ball to himself, hit it in the air, and then caught himself on the boundary...

Sorry. Where was I? Oh yes - I think we can still triumph down under, but we haven't made the world's best start.

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

streamline wrote:I think its funny that we are only about to start the third day of the first test match and the press/radio are already saying that it is a foregone conclusion that the Ashes will be heading back to Oz :urff:

Brisbane is not the happiest of hunting grounds for us and to write off the series already is just plain daft. We lost the first test in the summer and went on to win the series.

Radio 5-F'kin-Live has a lot to answer for with their s**t phone-ins that are all frequented by inane inbreds who drone on about how much better cricket was when the ball was made of rancid cheese and I.T.Botham bowled a ball to himself, hit it in the air, and then caught himself on the boundary...

Sorry. Where was I? Oh yes - I think we can still triumph down under, but we haven't made the world's best start.
Seconded.

I really want them to get it togther.
Hell is other people.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I stress that I'm not writing off the series, just the match 8)
—Bertrand Russell
streamline
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:I stress that I'm not writing off the series, just the match 8)
No probs with that, Mark (and you are probably right!) - I'm stressing at the media hype/coverage/phone ins!

But I'm calming down now.. :wink:

bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

scotty wrote:
about the same as a 'new album'!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
who cares anyway? its well known that we come up with all these sports only for the rest of the world to kick our arses!
and anyway...............
C R I C K E T S U X X X ! ! !
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
streamline
Slight Overbomber

bushman*pm wrote: C R I C K E T S U X X X ! ! !
How dare you say that! Game of Kings (and all that..)

I bet you drive a Suzuki SJ :lol: :lol: :wink:

bushman*pm

the 'fatwah' is wing its way to you! :twisted:
Nic
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Australia have already won this one. 549 runs ahead with England 3 wickets down at the end of day two?

Eeeh what? :?

We from the north will never understand this game... :roll:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Beth wrote:
streamline wrote:I think its funny that we are only about to start the third day of the first test match and the press/radio are already saying that it is a foregone conclusion that the Ashes will be heading back to Oz :urff:

Seconded.

I really want them to get it togther.
Obviously it would be fab to spank them. Or even sneak a win. But it ain't gonna happen.

As for radio phone-ins, imagine what kind of halfwit would actually ring up one of these phone-ins, believing people 'out there' are remotely interested in their opinion. Then imagine the kind of drivel that they're gonna spout. Then turn the radio off and put some music on. Sorted.

:D
'What a heavy load Einstein must have had. Morons everywhere.'
bushman*pm

Nic wrote:
markfiend wrote:Australia have already won this one. 549 runs ahead with England 3 wickets down at the end of day two?

Eeeh what? :?

We from the north will never understand this game... :roll:
dont worry Nic, you are missing absolutely nothing!
i know this is a bit of a contradiction but IMHO its not a sport if there's no engines involved! eg Moto GP, drag racing, WRC, Competition Safari's
(completely barking mad off road racing!) etc! :notworthy:
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Looks like the bookies have already written us off for the whole thing. Fair enough this test has gone but Coral have us at 12/1 to retain the Ashes with the Ozzies at 1/14!!!! Ridiculous odds.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
the-happening

We'll get better, although I feel that a key reason we won the Ashes last time was Troy Cooley and where is he now!

If you like cricket have a read of the sledgers handbook by Liam McCann amusing stuff.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

more cricket???????
FUCK OFF!
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: