"While we're waiting for the next one to arrive!"

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
robertzombie
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Dark wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Dark wrote:Not so much a "remix" as a "vs" :lol:
We should do a Battle then ;D

IZ.
Heh, I'd kick your ass, and have the sampled crowd cheering for me. ;)
I'd take your ass, mangle it through Reaktor to create a sick Venetian Snares/Aphex Twin Hybrid, then feed the remains to the crowd and sample their being sick on the dancefloor :twisted:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Anyone care to put a small wager on this battle? My money's on IZ (of course!) ;D
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Anyone care to put a small wager on this battle? My money's on IZ (of course!) ;D
Us Belgians should stick together ;)

AND as a former Black Metal bandmember, my imagination is almost inexhaustable on the "gore and innards" department! ;D

Oh, and I put a fiver on Dark ;D

IZ.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Anyone care to put a small wager on this battle? My money's on IZ (of course!) ;D
Us Belgians should stick together ;)

AND as a former Black Metal bandmember, my imagination is almost inexhaustable on the "gore and innards" department! ;D
I though that was DEATH metal, but what do I know... :innocent:
Oh, and I put a fiver on Dark ;D

IZ.
Betting against yourself? I smell a big payoff here. Talked to any Chinese lately? :twisted:
James Blast
Banned

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I'm going to give the end-piano a snip and a nudge in the right direction ;D
I have been silent on the downside about the output so far (because it has been very high - Mish and Raf), but that is definitely required.
And stick yer 'vs' up yer 'Erses, let us get project#1 finished! :evil:

Ye can do aw yer other bollocks after that. :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Just wait. I have 5 songs in the pipeline, which will (hopefully) kick everyone's asses back to 1991. ;D
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

My version of "Will I Dream" is near completion.

Expect an online version later next week once I get the damn vocals right.
James Blast
Banned

@ Methedrome
mcalldp is available for some Vox Humana, PM him...

he's a nice American :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Methedrome wrote:My version of "Will I Dream" is near completion.

Expect an online version later next week once I get the damn vocals right.
Noted, and list updated. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Brad

http://rapidshare.com/files/6161833/Wil ... _Salyn.mp3

Still not entirely finished, but here is a go.
mh
Above the Chemist

Methedrome wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/6161833/Wil ... _Salyn.mp3

Still not entirely finished, but here is a go.
Added to the 1st post. :notworthy:

Very very good, actually. The HAL samples at the start were a nice thing. I still don't like the song, but that's more a fault of the song itself than it is of your interpretation, which is mighty fine, and - dare I say it - is another candidate for the "Beat that Von" awards.

I don't see any problems with the vocals - maybe you're being a bit too hard on yourself?

Edit to add: for those who can't, don't or won't do RapidShare, here's a YouSendIt: http://www.yousendit.com/download/zSIOC ... 95TA%3D%3D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Izzy HaveMercy

mh wrote:Edit to add: for those who can't, don't or won't do RapidShare, here's a YouSendIt: http://www.yousendit.com/download/zSIOC ... 95TA%3D%3D
You're a star! :notworthy: RabbitSnare makes me wait three fecking minutes ere I can start DLing :eek:

Will listen to it later this week, I received Robert's mumblings today and will give it a re-listen when I can sit upright fer more than five minutes in a row ;D

IZ.
Brad

I am just wanting to re-record the vocals with a little more gusto and Andrew's revised lyrics.

Otherwise, I am damn happy with the instrumental arrangement/sound.
James Blast
Banned

Nice job, Brad!

now Sir Izbert of Belgique, some sprinklings please. ;D

Methinks! :D

and thanks Michael for the linky Image
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

Methedrome wrote:I am just wanting to re-record the vocals with a little more gusto and Andrew's revised lyrics.

Hi Methedrome, had a listen to your version, and I understand exactly what you mean.

The vocals sound like someone just singing along with his iPod on his heid. Very gentle, not much bravoure, a bit afraid to wake up the neighbours baby, or so it seems ;D

Maybe sing it again, stand some way off the mike, and give it yer bestest shot. Could also do with some room reverb IMO...

But the instrumentals are ace! Don't alter a thing there ! ;D

IZ.
Brad

I have tried re-recording the vocals, but they are just not getting any better. I have remixed them and it sounds a little better. Will post an updated (and hopefulyl final) version soon.
mh
Above the Chemist

I quite like the vocals as they are. They sound very laid-back and detached, which is a nice contrast with the snarly music.
James Blast
Banned

Yeah but, you interfere with Airdales, Michael :eek: :lol: ;D
~ Peter Steele
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

After much prevaricating and some time wasting, behold the Todashi cover of Still.

http://www.happobiken.com/Still_rough_demo.wma

However, it's not finished - it's missing vocals, so there's the deal. If anyone thinks they can

a) figure out the mumbled words found on the bootlegs doing the rounds and

b) sing in a semi-decent baritone, feel free to add a vocal track.

Simply record it as a Wav or Aif and send it back to me to be mixed in and finished. Bingo.

Otherwise, this will have to stand as some sort of instrumental. Muchos Kudos on this must go to my mate Quintin, beat master and all round boffin extraordinaire. I merely plucked the strings . . . he made them sing. or growl. You get the idea.
Do I drive or am I driven?
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Methedrome wrote:I am just wanting to re-record the vocals with a little more gusto and Andrew's revised lyrics.

Hi Methedrome, had a listen to your version, and I understand exactly what you mean.

The vocals sound like someone just singing along with his iPod on his heid. Very gentle, not much bravoure, a bit afraid to wake up the neighbours baby, or so it seems ;D

Maybe sing it again, stand some way off the mike, and give it yer bestest shot. Could also do with some room reverb IMO...

But the instrumentals are ace! Don't alter a thing there ! ;D

IZ.
I'm with IZ on the vocal thing. Otherwise the track is indeed a fine one! Good job there!
ormfdmrush
Slight Overbomber

sorry, guys, i made Summer instead of War On Drugs
here is the link
Stumpy Pete
Road Kill
Location: Eating a pile of Meat. But I came in to wash my Feet. Famous Potatoes!

Pretty Right On! That's the best thing I've heard on this prjoect by far.
Arrrgh! wrote:After much prevaricating and some time wasting, behold the Todashi cover of Still.

http://www.happobiken.com/Still_rough_demo.wma

However, it's not finished - it's missing vocals, so there's the deal. If anyone thinks they can

a) figure out the mumbled words found on the bootlegs doing the rounds and

b) sing in a semi-decent baritone, feel free to add a vocal track.

Simply record it as a Wav or Aif and send it back to me to be mixed in and finished. Bingo.

Otherwise, this will have to stand as some sort of instrumental. Muchos Kudos on this must go to my mate Quintin, beat master and all round boffin extraordinaire. I merely plucked the strings . . . he made them sing. or growl. You get the idea.
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am
I like to eat brains from a can
The other day I ate some yams
I'm Stumpy Pete oh yes I am!

I'm Stumpy Pete
So kiss my feet
They're made of wheat
I'm Stumpy Pete!
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

ormfdmrush my little Russian chum, Depeche Mode meets dodgy goth :wink: (and no I'm not taking the p*ss) :D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
mh
Above the Chemist

James Blast wrote:Yeah but, you interfere with Airdales, Michael :eek: :lol: ;D
Ssssshhhhhhh on the Airedales! :lol: