Athens 1997

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Got Athens 1997 in a trade and thought I'd attempt to patch up the recording. For those who don't have it, this was probably recorded at the end of a field with the sound skewed to the right and the left channel basically consisting of tape-hiss. No idea how far up thefoodchain my copy was. There is a tape flip in Alice and a lot of enthousiastic Greeks.

I applied a mutitude of filters and this is the result. Far from perfect and it still sounds as if someone is recording this through a telephone. Still, let me know what you lot think of it and if there is a sufficient positive response I might FLAC it up and vine it. Unless someone has a better copy?

Come Togehter - old
http://download.yousendit.com/509057D95AF69130

Come Together - new
http://download.yousendit.com/5C38ED6817306E05

files will be deleted after 7 days.
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

i'm afraid but the sound is horrible
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

It is improved, though, not really what i'd class as listenable.

i'll still maintain hopes of a decent recording emerging, or at least knowledge of such. Somewhere over the rainbow...
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

This recording was made with a dictaphone, that's why the sound is not comparable with proper MD recordings. Yes, the sound is bad but I still appreciate the try. In the end the gig was documented somehow. And the girl from Athens who made the recording... whow... :kiss: :oops:
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

i m trying for years to find a proper recording or video as i saw many people with cameras but no luck yet...
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

If i'm not mistaken i might have seen a VHS of this show on ebay a couple of years ago. Actually if i'm not further mistaken i bid on it and won it, but was unable to pay cause the seller couldn't accept ordinary PayPal payments. She, if i remember correctly it was a she, was from Greece.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The dictaphone explains a lot. There is no lower or higher range on it at all. Lucien and PiB have the gig in their lists I noticed, so I'm wondering if theirs is a different one?
hallucienate
Overbomber

Karst wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone. The dictaphone explains a lot. There is no lower or higher range on it at all. Lucien and PiB have the gig in their lists I noticed, so I'm wondering if theirs is a different one?
I think I got my copy from Paul & Donna.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Dictaphone? If it is what the name evokes, then i don't wonder about the results.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Gives a very limited scope to work with. The only thing I basically did was move the sound to a split stereo perspective - there wasn't much else I could do with it. I'll keep it for my own archives. If anybody wants a copy drop me a PM.
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:Dictaphone? If it is what the name evokes, then i don't wonder about the results.
:eek:

Give me one good reason
the-happening
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:If i'm not mistaken i might have seen a VHS of this show on ebay a couple of years ago. Actually if i'm not further mistaken i bid on it and won it, but was unable to pay cause the seller couldn't accept ordinary PayPal payments. She, if i remember correctly it was a she, was from Greece.
Sounds like Kostis Evangelos to me and she is a he!
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
Christian

Nope it was not Kostis. It was a girl from Athens. She made two copies of her recording (without using a proper cable when transfering from dictaphone to audio tape which did not make the recording any better). She sent one copy to me and one to another friend. I gave a copy to s.o. in Belgium who copied it for other people. That's how the tape found it's way to collectors circles.
Armageddon
Road Kill

Christian wrote:Nope it was not Kostis. It was a girl from Athens. She made two copies of her recording (without using a proper cable when transfering from dictaphone to audio tape which did not make the recording any better). She sent one copy to me and one to another friend. I gave a copy to s.o. in Belgium who copied it for other people. That's how the tape found it's way to collectors circles.
Yes, that´s right - the other friend was me.

Thomas
Karst
Slight Overbomber

So does anybody have the VHS recording? Is it complete? Btw. I can hear quite a few english speaking people in the background - I'm surprised that no-one else has recorded this?
Christian

I only heard that the gig was filmed by at least one person (apart from the usual film shot by the Sisters crew). Unfortunately I never managed to obtain a copy... :(
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

the-happening: Probably you're correct :P The name does have a familiar ring to it.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

Kostis dosen t have it as i ve asked him in the past , and occasionally when we meet he always asks if i found any other source or video.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

In the light of that i resubmit the idea of the seller being a 'she' and only point to the general difficulty of remember Greek names :)
Christian

She (believe it or not) did not sell it. She give the tape to Thomas and me just for free.