another Gary Marx interview

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

biggy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

very interesting :eek:

Q: Have you followed the Sisters and what do you think of what they are doing now?
A: I've been aware of the various incarnations of the band - I loved most of 'Floodland' and still think it's the most fully realised Sisters' album. I met Andrew around 1995 after close to ten years apart. We discussed working together again and I wrote an album's worth of songs for him - they still sit in the vault. I've seen them live with the post Vision Thing line-up and believe me it gives me no satisfaction to say they were God-awful.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Very interesting indeed, if that's true! Although I guess his songs didn't meet the mark. More evidence that, however much he has feelings of resentment towards Eldritch, there's still a teensy bit of hero-worship going on there too, or he wouldn't attempt to climb back on board the Sisters bus after all that has happened...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
mh
Above the Chemist

Yeh, and Von seems to have been perfectly willing to have him back on board too, which is deeply weird considering his "door stays shut" policy (the notable exception being Chris Sheehan).
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, I think you could be right. I saw them at the NEC in 1993, and the noise was terrible, and not in a good way. Mind you, they were good at Crystal Palace, so what do I know? Before I contradict myself any more, I agree with you about the current lineup, especially Chris Starling. A Very Good Thing for the Sisters.
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...