Nine Inch Nails Postponed?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Afternoon

Does anyone out there know whats happening with the NIN UK tour? Last night's show in Birmingham was cancelled at short notice, but the Brixton Academy web site still has them listed as playing (I've tickets for Thursday's show). I can't access their web site due to crapola work internet connection, but know a few people on here are fans.

Cheers

M
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Brixton is still listed on the web site and only the Birmingham date was cancelled due to "circumstances beyond our control" and is now rescheduled....
Mothra

Cheers

Didn't see that about it being "beyond their control". I did notice that the re-scheduled date falls bang next to the Reading/Leeds festivals, so I'm guessing they will be booked to play there this year, and tag any other re-arranged shows around that.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Trent was advised to not sing for a couple of days - he posted in his "TR" section on nin.com late that afternoon.

Brum has been rescheduled for Aug 28th

Hope that helps.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there's a NIN review on www.optimumimpact.co.uk
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
wild bill buttock

Apparentlly poor likkle Trenty has a bad throat and after seeing them in Birmingham on Sunday I'm not surprised.The bloke did everything put pull his larynx out for us.
From the moment Reznor and his chaps walloped into their opening number with the house lights still on you knew this version of NIN weren't going for any bullsh*t.By the 2nd number "March of the pigs" it was clear that the power,aggression,no compromise,intensity and sheer kiss-my-arse cool that seperated NIN from the Mansons,the orgys,the sulphers and every other metalhead copyists was back in its full brilliant glory.
The set mostly consisted of material from Reznor's most potent period(The downward spiral and Broken) with a couple from his last two albums and another couple of new numbers(just how ace is "Survivalism" then?),it really could have been 94 again.It would have been nice to have heard more from Pretty hate machine apart from "Head like a hole"("Sin" would have fitted the mood nicely) but still,to me,it was the best gig I've been to for a very long time.
If they do cancel you cockneys will have really missed out.Serves you right for getting the Neph in May!!!

Oh and Ladytron were f**king ace,must catch them in their own right soon
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
hellboy69

thanks for the review wild bill! i'm going to see NIN tonight (Trent's throat permitting, ooer) ~ i'm not overly familiar wwith Ladytron but am definitely gonna get there in time to check them out too...
Serves you right for getting the Neph in May!!!
:lol:
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

Goddamn ladytron are supporting??? brilliant, they're great - monodrome electro pop!

I'm seeing me old mucker Trent tmrw and he better put on a good show, or he'll feel the back of me hand.

PS I'm loving the idea of not playing much from With Teeth. What a sh*te album that was....
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Rafster wrote: PS I'm loving the idea of not playing much from With Teeth. What a sh*te album that was....
Whooot? :eek:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Carpathian Psychonaut

Rafster wrote:PS I'm loving the idea of not playing much from With Teeth. What a sh*te album that was....
Eh ? There's some good stuff tucked away on there !

Overall it may not be the best shiny silver thing Trent has put out but it's far from awful.
Debaser
Overbomber

He was blimmin ace in Nottingham on Sunday night - he'd obviously tried EXTRA hard just for me and strained himself. No consolation for those Brum ticket holders I know but hey ho :D

Why is it when you have 'standing' tickets you yearn for a sit down and when you have 'seated' tix you just wanna be bopping down the front?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Carpathian Psychonaut

Survivalism: Live (Barcelona, Spain)
http://link.brightcove.com/services/lin ... d512940575

(needs IE, sadly, but rather nice quality all the same)
hellboy69

home again home again, jiggety jig!

well, tonight's show was something of a stormer ~ all killer, no filler. and they did "survivalism" which was a treat. trent apologised again for the cancelled Brum show & said his voice was still giving him trouble, although he growled jovially, "it still sounds pretty damn good..."

ladytron were indeed excellent as well ~ numan meets the banshees in a frock-bound korova milkbar methinks. nice, must do it again sometime...
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

And just to add a bit more, USB Drives were handed out to people before the gig. They contained the Survivalism video.
The lo-rez version is up for download already, just waiting for the hi-rez version to finish being uploaded now!

Looks like the ETS website is being hit pretty hard at the moment so I can't get the links to put on here.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Carpathian Psychonaut

CellThree wrote:And just to add a bit more, USB Drives were handed out to people before the gig. They contained the Survivalism video.
The lo-rez version is up for download already, just waiting for the hi-rez version to finish being uploaded now!

Looks like the ETS website is being hit pretty hard at the moment so I can't get the links to put on here.
I lasted until 2am on ETS helping to crack THREE more ARG sites. It was getting pretty loony on there.

The vid, should any HL want it, can be found at these:-

Hi Res (Megaupload)

Low Res (Megaupload)

Direct download of Lo Res

Rapidshare Lo Res

Sendspace Lo Res

Demonoid (Hi-Res)

Mininova HI-RES torrent
hellboy69

cheers :notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

Thanks Carpy :notworthy: you've earned your weekend away! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Nice one Carpy, just got in. 2.51am. Drunk as a skunk, at least I managed to get the high-rez version before I hit the bar!
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Rafster
Amphetamine Filth

Last night's NIN gig was amazing, way better than the last tour. Only a few songs played from With-a Teeth-a :) and about 4 from pretty hate machine!! Ladytron were ok but couldn't command the stage.

Reznor's voice was on top form. 'ave it!
Mothra

Also loved last night's show. The stage set itself was awesome, with the smoke levels surely up to an Eldritch appoved level. Good crowd pleasing set whereby everytime a new song was wheeled out, an old fave immediately followed.

Closer sounded great for me, mainly cos they chucked in part of Down in It, but it was the Broken material that I thought shone through. PHM songs were Sin, Head Like a Hole and Something I Can Never Have. Possibly Terrible Lie. I really oughta be able to remember, it wasn't a heavy night on the sauce!!!

M
Grison
Road Kill

29 days and counting...
The Arena, Stockholm. Apr. 8th
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
James Blast
Banned

Many thanks for the link to the vid Carpy but I didn't think much of it or the tune.

Old Trout's lost it.

Gouge away...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele