This took me 3 years to post...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oh, ok. Good thing you weren't trying to imply that I'm big-headed, then, 'cos that'd be a serious mistake (and also, really inaccurate)... :twisted: :P :wink: ;D
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

You appear to be digging a hole. :lol:

Don't worry Sinnie.
I like your big head :innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:Oh, ok. Good thing you weren't trying to imply that I'm big-headed, then, 'cos that'd be a serious mistake (and also, really inaccurate)... :twisted: :P :wink: ;D
you neither convey that impression nor do i get that impression,
you seem far too nice.
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

But I'm *not* nice. I just tend to play well with clever/witty/smart/sarcastic folks, is all. Take that as a compliment, because it IS one. :twisted: :von:
bushman*pm

SINsister wrote:But I'm *not* nice. I just tend to play well with clever/witty/smart/sarcastic folks, is all. Take that as a compliment, because it IS one. :twisted: :von:
:notworthy:

for my part i am as deeply philanthropic as i am downright nasty,
it just depends on people and situations.
besides, i dont think ive encountered one nasty person on HL!
luv ya all!
:notworthy:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Kerosene wrote:I registered here in 2004, but you're all such a bunch of intimidating in-jokers that it took me three years to post.

I hope you're happy with yourselves.
:P
Aww come off it, we're a right bunch of cherubs, more like. :D

Welcome to Heartland, fire away, your every question or opinion or concern will be assaulted by a million dissenting voices, but they'll all have a common theme - bond. You're in the right place Kerosene, enjoy. :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Kerosene wrote:I registered here in 2004, but you're all such a bunch of intimidating in-jokers that it took me three years to post.

Welcome to Heartland, fire away, your every question or opinion or concern will be assaulted by a million dissenting voices, but they'll all have a common theme - bond. You're in the right place Kerosene, enjoy. :D
Indeed Dave (owner of the bridge of doom) :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Zuma wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

Well someone's gotta keep you fcukers on yer toes. :innocent: :wink: :lol: :kiss: (or off them and in the drink :twisted: - why else do you think I invite everyone round to mine, it's not an act of kindness, you know, more a deep-seated desire to watch goths swim :lol: ).
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave-Social Worker

;D ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

:lol:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Planet Dave wrote:...it's not an act of kindness, you know, more a deep-seated desire to watch goths swim :lol: ).
:eek: G*ths?! Where?! :lol: :P :von:
James Blast
Banned

a reply to post #1
Next!

I was of of no help, was I?
Ach well, shit happens.
:|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

Welcome aboard. :D Having been around a while, I guess that you know your way among the generous/cranky/cryptic/warm/social/insighful/endearing* group we known as HLers.

* I wear that I was not thinking of anyone in particular when I thought of the desciptions.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Ah, lurkers! The unseen presences that move amongst us, like the love that dare not speak it's name...

... sorry, it's late and I should know better than to attempt to wax lyrical after - um, two bottles of Pepsi Max... :oops:

I'm unsure as to whether or not a welcome is in order, as I don't know just how tongue in cheek the original post was meant to be. If it's not, that only begs the question, why on earth would you bother looking on here for 3 years! :eek:

I personally found HL - well, General Chat anyway - a bit "in-jokey" when I came here, it took me about 6 months, probably even more, before I felt that I was really a part of it. And it's no doubt even more like that now, since there have been meets, friendships, romances, and so on formed between many of the "regulars".
That's all it is though - friends do tend to have certain in-jokes, or at least things they refer to when talking to each other... a lot of things people now talk about on here have actually happened *gasp* in Real Life :eek: ! I have spent much, much more time in the homes and hometowns of people I've met on here than actually typing posts - and that's no mean feat when you see where I am in the statistics :lol: :innocent: .

BUT I don't think there are many here who would want to make anyone "new"(or not so new) feel excluded in any way. I might not speak for everyone but I certainly don't see it like that. There is real friendship, not cliqueship. The poison door is always open :wink:
Last edited by boudicca on 17 Mar 2007, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Fantastic sum-up, sweet Claire! Loverly! And thanks! ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

SINsister wrote:Fantastic sum-up, sweet Claire! Loverly! And thanks! ;D :kiss: :notworthy:
It's not often I deliver a warm and fuzzy feeling to anyone, I do hope I've done so this time Sinny! :D :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Welcome onboard. 8)
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
ryan

Welcome :D
Spigel

Hello come in, sit down there .Will you have a cup of tea??
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Welcome newbie and get bitten.... :twisted:

I could never understand why you wait for years to post but I wonder
what made you decide to do it now....
"as we walk on the floodland"
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

Welcome!!

I know what you mean, I tend to be set into lurker mode too alot. :innocent:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

so welcome to the madhouse :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: enjoy the ride :eek:
MUSICA È
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello and welcome 8)

Just dive in and make a gobsh!te of yourself, that's what I did...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Hello and welcome, Kerosene!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Cat
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote:
Zuma wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: Aww come off it, we're a right bunch of cherubs, more like. :D

Well someone's gotta keep you fcukers on yer toes. :innocent: :wink: :lol: :kiss: (or off them and in the drink :twisted: - why else do you think I invite everyone round to mine, it's not an act of kindness, you know, more a deep-seated desire to watch goths swim :lol: ).
I'm not a f*cking goth and I did'n't actually fall in :oops: Had another accident this weekend when I was completely sober and now have a nice bruise on my chin, arm, hand, knees etc. Maybe I'm just accident prone :lol:
Looking for Mookies