Hawkwind Programme on BBC3

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

or ask me... :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

may i reply with a hearty...

rev'rnd! Image
Grison
Road Kill

Did anyone record this on a DVD/VHS?

Thanks for the link btw.
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
Carpathian Psychonaut

Watched it today - some great music, a perfect distilling of the rock'n'roll ethos and, as ever, some top work from Mr Kilminster :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
James Blast
Banned

Grison wrote:Did anyone record this on a DVD/VHS?

Thanks for the link btw.
I'll sort ye Mats, just gimme some time
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Watched it today - some great music, a perfect distilling of the rock'n'roll ethos and, as ever, some top work from Mr Kilminster :lol:
Now that was a poncy reply Carpy, the 'Wind were a rush, a roar inside of a multicoloured whirlwind. I was there, I took the drugs, drank the weak warm beer, endured all shops closing at 6pm and having to walk home in the perpetual Glasgow rain. I know what Britain in the mid 70s was like, no rose shades here. The music was still better but the rest sucked. I guess we were chavculture-less and Jordan used to be a place not some engineered subspecies. :|
Lemmy made that line up but his partner in rhythm, Simon King was well in there too. I know they don't see I-2-! these days, doesn't mean it didn't happen and Simon has chosen the quiet life. Guid Man! :D

I went off on one... shit happens
~ Peter Steele
Grison
Road Kill

James Blast wrote:
Grison wrote:Did anyone record this on a DVD/VHS?

Thanks for the link btw.
I'll sort ye Mats, just gimme some time
Sounds good James!
I´ll keep on trippin´ ;D
Got myself a couple of 70´s boots with great sound. trade? :innocent:
I'll see you sometime later
When I'm through with my accumulator.
James Blast
Banned

it's on again tonight Mats, I lost my contact for VHS-DVD conversion at work, so never followed this through but I'll tape it again tonight and send it, how's that? :D

more info
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Watched it today - some great music, a perfect distilling of the rock'n'roll ethos and, as ever, some top work from Mr Kilminster :lol:
Now that was a poncy reply Carpy, the 'Wind were a rush, a roar inside of a multicoloured whirlwind. I was there, I took the drugs, drank the weak warm beer, endured all shops closing at 6pm and having to walk home in the perpetual Glasgow rain. I know what Britain in the mid 70s was like, no rose shades here. The music was still better but the rest sucked. I guess we were chavculture-less and Jordan used to be a place not some engineered subspecies. :|
Lemmy made that line up but his partner in rhythm, Simon King was well in there too. I know they don't see I-2-! these days, doesn't mean it didn't happen and Simon has chosen the quiet life. Guid Man! :D

I went off on one... shit happens
Yeah, I'm an 'Old Git' too - I saw them early 70s - with Lemmy & Stacia. The Space Ritual was ****ing ace ... Those 'nippers who weren't born missed all the fun ... Pink Fairies were Brill too - remember them? :von:
Zuma
Slight Overbomber

Should be able to record it as got a new fangled DVD recorder thing recently if that helps?

Must RTFM though :)
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:it's on again tonight Mats, I lost my contact for VHS-DVD conversion at work, so never followed this through but I'll tape it again tonight and send it, how's that? :D

more info

Uh ... what time pls? :urff:
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:it's on again tonight Mats, I lost my contact for VHS-DVD conversion at work, so never followed this through but I'll tape it again tonight and send it, how's that? :D

more info
21:50 BBC4 Telly! - Thanks Chaps 4 alerting us Zombies in Cowpat Country!

Laters,
Gnasher.
James Blast
Banned

I like you Gnasher/reactiv8, can I be your friend, please :D
Hawkwind are the only band I've seen 5 times.

At the Glasgow Apollo.

one night I had taken so many barbs mixed with pints of Tartan Special that my legs turned to wood
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:I like you Gnasher/reactiv8, can I be your friend, please :D

At the Glasgow Apollo.

one night I had taken so many barbs mixed with pints of Tartan Special that my legs turned to wood
Certainly Jimmy - Och Aye the Noo! I would have replied sooner, but the ISP 'disappeared' last evening ...

I can't remember how many times I saw the 'Wind ! ... too much 'cid I expect ... I did definitely see the Space Ritual twice in 1973 I think it was - Guildford Civic & Bracknell Sports Centre (a horrible venue, but Humble Pie were great there!) I lost track of them (the Hawks) after the mid-70s - I was experimenting with 'Berwick' & motorcycles by then ...

More in a mo. - pls bear in mind that the internerd connection via some 'wireless thingy' is not great around here in Cowpat Country ... Just 'catching up' with some more 'mail etc ...
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:I like you Gnasher/reactiv8, can I be your friend, please :D

At the Glasgow Apollo.

Yes Mr Blast ... you can talk to me on this forum or even via Email ... My address is available to all - check my 'profile' ... I'm not shy, I am a real human being thingy (shock horror) ... Once upon a time I worked for 'Big Blue' at their research & development lab at a place called Hursley (in Hampshire, England) - we had a continuous worldwide satellite link to other labs which was quite a big thing in the early 80s! (Yes kinder, before the internerd became public! - not you James, I reckon you are of my generation!). On night shift, inbetween playing Bridge & drinking coffee in the rest room (even doing a bit of work) we used to 'chat' to other folk around the world ... I met up with some like minded 'experimenters in mind altering chemicals' in California as a result, but that is another story ... (yeah, I know, a big yawn to everyone else, but even Old Gits once had lives and they were good fun as I dimly remember ... ask Mr Eldritch he was born the same year as me)

Barbs & warm beer? sounds like a risky combination to me ... how were your guts afterwards?! Tartan Special? - just the thought of it ... what made you drink that stuff? Irn Bru & Vodka any day ... I 'came up' on a tab too soon one night before the 'Wind came on ... (Brunel University in Uxbridge, London I think it was) & had to hide in a cupboard. Dave Brock & Co. were much amused of course, but not so the university doctor! If anyone else witnessed the sorry mess that was 'yours truly' and chats on this forum I'm sure they will chuckle at the memory?! - Remember folks it happens to all of us sometimes - don't kid yourself otherwise ... Shame 'cos I'm sure I missed another good show ... The Pink Fairies at Dagenham Roundhouse circa 1975 was another 'trippy' experience! - the ride back to Waterloo on the last tube was a very surreal encounter too ... Ditto the 'Wind at the last Stonehenge - was it 1984? I'm pretty sure I was there, but don't recall that familiar pulse wafting over the site.

Why are we talking about this stuff on a Sisters website? - doh! Come on everyone else, let's hear your stories about finding yourselves as a crumpled mess on the floor at the back of one of Andrew E's, Iggy's, Mary Chain's or any other gigs? - I know it was someone, or how else did the bogs at Brixton Academy get that way?! Ho Ho Ho isn't life fun?! :urff: [/i]
James Blast
Banned

OK, you win. Have I unleashed a beast? :D

Ministry, The Glasgow Barrowland 199something, oot ma nut that night. I have had to cool my heels since then, mainly because I can't do it anymore.
I still have tales from the 'Rock Wars' to tell - Uriah Heep seem to feature a lot... :|
~ Peter Steele
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:OK, you win. Have I unleashed a beast? :D

Ministry, The Glasgow Barrowland 199something, oot ma nut that night. I have had to cool my heels since then, mainly because I can't do it anymore.
I still have tales from the 'Rock Wars' to tell - Uriah Heep seem to feature a lot... :|
Unleashed a beast?! I hope so Birthday Boy!
reactiv8

James Blast wrote:OK, you win. Have I unleashed a beast? :D

Uriah Heep? - I'd forgotten all about them! ... may have seen them sometime ... 'Rock Wars'? Que? is my ignorance a sign of onset early senile dementia (yes!) or too many chemicals, or both? I probably can't 'do it' anymore either, but that won't stop me trying! (when I get off the Antabuse - 'shrooms are allowed though!)

Oot ma nut?! - Happy memories! - go there again (soon) - I'll join ya! (as will many others too I'm sure?! (Hi kids!)
Big Si
School Bully

It was on BBC4 again 8)

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis