lorca review

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What the band actually needs is a gun to :von: 's head to make a bit of an effort, start afresh, make a new record write and record some songs, live in the 21st century and stop living off the carcass of twenty year old ideas.
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Dr. Moody wrote:What the band actually needs is a gun to :von: 's head to make a bit of an effort, start afresh, make a new record write and record some songs, live in the 21st century and stop living off the carcass of twenty year old ideas.
:roll:

Harsh, but.....
анархия
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks! :D :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
mh
Above the Chemist

smiscandlon wrote:
Dr. Moody wrote:What the band actually needs is a gun to :von: 's head to make a bit of an effort, start afresh, make a new record write and record some songs, live in the 21st century and stop living off the carcass of twenty year old ideas.
:roll:

Harsh, but.....
I prefer the old "size 10 Doc firmly and rapidly (and repeatedly, if necessary) applied to posterior" approach meself.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
libby

Perki wrote:
Clip of Alice.
Great! Thanks! :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
Badlander
Overbomber

Cool avatar !!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

_emma_ wrote:
Rise&Reverberate wrote:Was watching Krakow '06 last night followed by Miami '91 - the difference in performance is just worlds apart. The energy and attitude from 1990-91 was awesome but there's just so much missing from the performances nowadays and has been for a few years now :|
I'm sorry, but if there wasn't energy and attitude in Krakow '06 then I'm a tall thin blonde whose favourite TV show is Big Brother.
tottaly agree with mrs_Emma_, there was energy in Krakau gig, but mostly induced by crowd, nevertheless it was a great gig, top nite out :D
H. Blackrose

Prediction: the same people here who whine about "no album" would find some reason to whine their head off if a new Sisters album came out. Either because it sounded like the old ones or because it didn't sound like the old ones - either one would be a good excuse for whining. On a similar principle as the people who whined about no tours for ages, and are now whining that the Sisters sound old and clapped out.
James Blast
Banned

I wouldn't whine if they looked like a band, sounded like one and made a good album. I like Vision Thing, remember?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Dr. Moody

Nope, I want a 21st century revitalised sisters with new songs, if that means a dubblackmetalfolkcountrysalsa album then so be it. ;D the horse is dying cos its been flogged too much.
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:I wouldn't whine if they looked like a band, sounded like one and made a good album. I like Vision Thing, remember?
Maybe he should reform the band with that line up? 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

please
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Big Si
School Bully

James Blast wrote:please
"yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah......" :wink: :innocent: :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I like the boredom factor, that's life....rather they portrayed that than the falseness of Nephilim/m*****n/Cult etc, why pretend
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Why is it that this whining sounds so boring? :roll:
It is one thing wether or not you like a particular gig/line-up. But these regular funeral speeches about how everything was better in the past sound strangely similar to what is claimed Von does. Even if he was flogging a dead horse - who cares? Those who have fun will be there and enjoy, the others will turn to something else. No need to shed tears.
You can't fix stupid.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Eva wrote:Why is it that this whining sounds so boring? :roll:
It is one thing wether or not you like a particular gig/line-up. But these regular funeral speeches about how everything was better in the past sound strangely similar to what is claimed Von does. Even if he was flogging a dead horse - who cares? Those who have fun will be there and enjoy, the others will turn to something else. No need to shed tears.
:notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

You can have a couple of these from me too... :notworthy: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

I prefer 3 good Sisters album than lots of crappy zeroes and re-mixes like so many bands i used to admire.

I can't even mention four track titles from the latest The Cure album, i just don't care about fat Bob meets Wacko.

But for the live show, i wish Von could at least hire someone who wasn't deaf at the mixing desk. I want the roar of a big machine, not a tiny kssh bfff and a thinner-than-air voice.
guns & cars & accidents
michael
Road Kill

dinky daisy wrote:I prefer 3 good Sisters album than lots of crappy zeroes and re-mixes like so many bands i used to admire.

I can't even mention four track titles from the latest The Cure album, i just don't care about fat Bob meets Wacko.

But for the live show, i wish Von could at least hire someone who wasn't deaf at the mixing desk. I want the roar of a big machine, not a tiny kssh bfff and a thinner-than-air voice.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSS
Nic
Slight Overbomber

Badlander wrote:Image

Cool avatar !!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some childhood memories comes alive. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Badlander
Overbomber

Not really useful but what the hell...
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

dinky daisy wrote:I prefer 3 good Sisters album than lots of crappy zeroes and re-mixes like so many bands i used to admire.
True :notworthy:
dinky daisy wrote:I can't even mention four track titles from the latest The Cure album, i just don't care about fat Bob meets Wacko.
I'm not even convinced I could name the four latest Cure albums. :lol: The last one I remember listening to when it was new was Disintegration :|
dinky daisy wrote:But for the live show, i wish Von could at least hire someone who wasn't deaf at the mixing desk. I want the roar of a big machine, not a tiny kssh bfff and a thinner-than-air voice.
Aye :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: I'm not even convinced I could name the four latest Cure albums. :lol: The last one I remember listening to when it was new was Disintegration :|
same here. ;D

first of all andrew should fire that shaggy left guitarist. :lol:
jesus christ. what is this? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

lachert wrote:
markfiend wrote: I'm not even convinced I could name the four latest Cure albums. :lol: The last one I remember listening to when it was new was Disintegration :|
same here. ;D

first of all andrew should fire that shaggy left guitarist. :lol:
jesus christ. what is this? :eek:
on the other hand; if you listen to the 92 boots (Out in the Dark) Vons voice is soooo tiny crap, while there were some powerful 2006 moments.

Zottegem, here we cum.
guns & cars & accidents
Badlander
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote: on the other hand; if you listen to the 92 boots (Out in the Dark) Vons voice is soooo tiny crap, while there were some powerful 2006 moments.
Back then there already was people saying "His voice is f**ked, he can't sing anymore, etc." It's nothing new. Eldo's never been a great chanteur anyway. :roll: :lol: