The Gender Genie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.

Revealed!

Found this nifty little tool--determine if the author of a block of text is a man or woman (or if they just write like a man or a woman). It says it's only right about half the time, but it got me.

http://www.bookblog.net/gender/genie.php

Maybe this would be a dangerous thing to post here... :wink:
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

Woh - spooky!!
Hell is other people
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Hmm. typing to be or not to be gives 85% female.
When was the last time you cut the catwalk caviar?
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

It got me as female 3 times.

Master Margarita wrote:Hmm. typing to be or not to be gives 85% female.
I suggest you copy this in, and see what you get. :innocent:

'I'm wearing a black Cerruti suit, ribbed whiteT-shirt from the exchange and meet on the corner of Melrose and La Cienega, Gucci loafers and a dark blue summer jacket that looks black from Laros in Firenze. I'm using John Masters organic tangerine hair texturiser that makes my hair feel and smell great. This morning I scrubbed with Kiehl's buffing cream from the flagship store on third Avenue store and used an Aramis face pack to remove any excess facial oils, although I don't have any. I'm using Oil of Olay moisturiser that makes my skin glow and Dermatologica hand cream that costs $60 a tube that I bought from a little shop in Mayfair in London.'
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

Very good. Clearly in touch with my feminine side. My axe has a large pink bow tied round it.

Don't feel too bad--I got male a couple of times. Clearly I'm more confused than I had originally thought.
Master Margarita
Amphetamine Filth

I don't feel bad. I feel strangely....liberated.

Finally shucked the leather jammies, eh?
Jim
Slight Overbomber

It's right 51 percent of the time. You get the impression that a technique known as "guesswork" comes into it...
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"

Jim wrote:It's right 51 percent of the time. You get the impression that a technique known as "guesswork" comes into it...
Actually, it seems to rely more on how many times you use the word 'the,' which is marginally more scientific.
Black Planet
Andrew's Love Goddess

Master Margarita wrote:Very good. Clearly in touch with my feminine side. My axe has a large pink bow tied round it.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It probably got a glimpse at your cosmetic cabinet!
:wink: :kiss:
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I started on my book with a new begining yesterday. Since I lost it from my computer. I pasted what i had so far in to the tekst box.

I got that I am male. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing considering my book. :lol: :lol:

But for the record I am a female. But I am kind of a "tom boy" I guess :wink: (thats what it is called, right?)
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
MrChris
Slight Overbomber

If it just counted the number of times you used the word widget, or brontosaurus for that matter, it would be right half the time. It would be half right the time if it generated a random result...I think the only way you'd get any accuracy at all from assorted text is by seeing the handwriting, and I don't know if a computer could judge that...
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...