Thee Hypnotics

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
halfjobbob
Road Kill

I wonder if any of you intrepid music lovers out there are into Thee Hypnotics at all?

I remember seing them support the Damned at the Town & Country in 89/90 and picked up a few albums thereafter...anyhow, there are a couple of things I've never quite got my hands on:

- Copy of the John Peel sessions from 1989
- Studio/recorded version of Let's Get Naked

I'm not sure what I can trade but am sure we could come to a reasonable understanding. Thee Hypnotics must be the least bootleg-ed band in history...I've never managed to find anything!!

Cheers
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

There's a torrent HERE that has one of the Peel Session tracks in it.
24.24.2.489 Deceased
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have the promo video for 'Soul Trader', recorded from some late night tv show. I could stick it on a dvd-r for you if your interested?
Give me one good reason
mh
Above the Chemist

Now there's a name I haven't heard mentioned in a long long time. Never got round to buying any of their stuff (at the time my limited budget stretched to Sisters/Spacemen 3/Spiritualized and no further), but definitely do recall them getting a few favourable mentions in the weeklys.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

I was actually humming one of their tunes from Soul Glitter & Sin to myself only today!! :innocent:
It still gets a play every now and then. I never got hold of the last album they did though, The Very Crystal Speed Machine, was it any good halfjobbob?

I think I'll start hunting out for some Thee Hypnotics stuff on the net, I'll keep you posted Halfjobbob if I find anything you might find intersting.
I do know there is myspace site for Thee Hypnotics that I found and some vids on You Tube.

Shakedown!!!!!
One life all I need
halfjobbob
Road Kill

Thanks folks...quality info there...I'll check out that torrent!

All the best
Keith