Paul Raven R.I.P.

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
25men
Road Kill

Mob Research founder and bassist Paul Raven passed away Saturday 20th october, apparently from a heart attack. The cause of the attack is currenly unknown. He had just arrived in Europe to commence recording with his friends Treponem Pal.

Raven was the charismatic bass player for Killing Joke for many years, also Prong and most recently Ministry and Mob Research. He was a great friend to many and a legendary bass player. The funeral services will be held in England.
Andie
Overbomber

Wiki on Pauls Career

age 46...possibly died from a heart attack...that's too damn close

the world's missing a favourite son
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
Debaser
Overbomber

I've been tryiong to log on to Heartland all morning to post this. To say I am stunned is the understatement of the year. None of the other Gatherers can quite believe it.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=83199

His last blog post on Wed

Oct 17, 2007 9:04 AM
Subject: LOOK OUT COOKOO CLOCK LAND!!!
Body: i will be drinking my way thru switzerland and recording with TED PARSONS +
MARCO along with the TREPONEM PAL extravaganze in geneva for couple weeks. get the
f**king cheeze melted cuz im ready...

the new TREPONEM PAL songs are great and i will keep you all posted
just packing my swiss army penis and hanging small brandy barrel around my neck

oi oi up the duff

r a v e n

Stage right will never be quite the same
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dark
Underneath the Rock

RIP :(
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Last time I saw him was at the KJ gig last year in Leuven. They were great and I walked away blown off my feet. Another great artist gone...
mh
Above the Chemist

I loved his work in the Joke, he really brought them to new places. Honesty and integrity and doing his own thing to the end. Adios.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

never had the pleasure of seeing him live with KJ or many others, but his work on record is outstanding - legacy

Rock In Peace Re'spek! ImageImageImage
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Big" Paul Raven? :eek:

Arse.

May he be playing on +11 even as we speak.......
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:"Big" Paul Raven? :eek:

Arse.

May he be playing on +11 even as we speak.......
He was big, but you mean big paul ferguson ;-)

Wow. But he did live lilfe to the full.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
paul
Overbomber

Taken from Ministry MySpace:

Paul Raven - Rest In Peace 1961 - 2007

Saturday, October 20, 2007 - The 13th Planet family is saddened to confirm the devastating news of the sudden and unexpected death of Ministry's bassist, Paul Raven. Raven was working with French recording artists Treponem Pal on their new collaboration with Ted Parsons (ex-Prong/ex-Killing Joke/Jesu) and members of The Young Gods in a small village on the French/Swiss border. Initial reports indicate Raven's passing was the result of a heart attack.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Raven's family and friends around the world. His love of life, artistic creations and joyful laughter touched and moved all of us deeply. The loss of this extraordinary artist, unique individual and loyal friend will be felt by many. The impact of his talents will be remembered forever but his contribution to the lives of everyone who knew him is his greatest legacy.

Rest in Peace ...
Nixon
Amphetamine Filth

A great loss. He was great in Killing Joke.
James Blast
Banned

'Big' was their drummer, no?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yep - I've already been pulled up on my mistake a few posts back.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
James Blast
Banned

even I have out lived him
~ Peter Steele
pikkrong
Overbomber

RIP